We are planning a 15 day trip to Chicago and Wisconsin in June. Landing in Chicago and staying 2 nights in a hotel to see the city before picking up an RV and heading up to Milwaukee for an overnight stay, onto Door County for a couple of nights as it seems to be a very popular and beautiful place. Then through Oshkosh and a few days in the Dells before taking our RV back and another 2 nights in a hotel in Chicago before heading home to Wales in the UK.
We are 2 girls travelling with no children, we have done a little research on places of interest but we dont want to spend too long driving every day.
We like beaches, and harbours, theatres and shopping. We like the look of the Dells as we enjoy waterparks and attractions but can also use that as a base to see some of the other lovely parts of Wisconsin.
My questions are :-
1) Is our itinary workable and not too ambitious?
2) Should we re evaluate our route to take in better places of interest?
3)Is there anywhere that is a must-see that we ought to take into account?
Thank you for taking the time to read my thread and I look forward to receiving your responses.
R V trip in Wisconsin
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 8 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 9 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 10 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 11 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 12 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 13 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 14 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 15 Visiting Denver
- 16 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 17 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 18 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 19 San Diego parks and attractions
- 20 Door County Suggestions
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 23 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 24 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 25 boston to nantucket: what are our options?