We are planning a 15 day trip to Chicago and Wisconsin in June. Landing in Chicago and staying 2 nights in a hotel to see the city before picking up an RV and heading up to Milwaukee for an overnight stay, onto Door County for a couple of nights as it seems to be a very popular and beautiful place. Then through Oshkosh and a few days in the Dells before taking our RV back and another 2 nights in a hotel in Chicago before heading home to Wales in the UK.
We are 2 girls travelling with no children, we have done a little research on places of interest but we dont want to spend too long driving every day.
We like beaches, and harbours, theatres and shopping. We like the look of the Dells as we enjoy waterparks and attractions but can also use that as a base to see some of the other lovely parts of Wisconsin.
My questions are :-
1) Is our itinary workable and not too ambitious?
2) Should we re evaluate our route to take in better places of interest?
3)Is there anywhere that is a must-see that we ought to take into account?
Thank you for taking the time to read my thread and I look forward to receiving your responses.
R V trip in Wisconsin
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston/Fenway park
- 2 California self drive trip
- 3 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 4 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 5 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 6 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 7 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 8 Timeshare Nightmares
- 9 New York City Restaurants
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 10 day trip to California
- 12 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 13 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 14 Drive along the Columbia River
- 15 Wine Country Picnic
- 16 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 17 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 18 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 19 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 20 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 21 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 22 Where to go in Maine?
- 23 Magnificient, Marvelous Montana!
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~