We are planning a 15 day trip to Chicago and Wisconsin in June. Landing in Chicago and staying 2 nights in a hotel to see the city before picking up an RV and heading up to Milwaukee for an overnight stay, onto Door County for a couple of nights as it seems to be a very popular and beautiful place. Then through Oshkosh and a few days in the Dells before taking our RV back and another 2 nights in a hotel in Chicago before heading home to Wales in the UK.
We are 2 girls travelling with no children, we have done a little research on places of interest but we dont want to spend too long driving every day.
We like beaches, and harbours, theatres and shopping. We like the look of the Dells as we enjoy waterparks and attractions but can also use that as a base to see some of the other lovely parts of Wisconsin.
My questions are :-
1) Is our itinary workable and not too ambitious?
2) Should we re evaluate our route to take in better places of interest?
3)Is there anywhere that is a must-see that we ought to take into account?
Thank you for taking the time to read my thread and I look forward to receiving your responses.
R V trip in Wisconsin
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 2 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 3 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 4 Brooklyn why?
- 5 New York City Restaurants
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 WISCONSIN
- 9 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 14 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 15 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 16 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 Dining in D.C.
- 19 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 20 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 21 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 22 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 23 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 24 Colorado in the summer!
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH