We are planning a 15 day trip to Chicago and Wisconsin in June. Landing in Chicago and staying 2 nights in a hotel to see the city before picking up an RV and heading up to Milwaukee for an overnight stay, onto Door County for a couple of nights as it seems to be a very popular and beautiful place. Then through Oshkosh and a few days in the Dells before taking our RV back and another 2 nights in a hotel in Chicago before heading home to Wales in the UK.
We are 2 girls travelling with no children, we have done a little research on places of interest but we dont want to spend too long driving every day.
We like beaches, and harbours, theatres and shopping. We like the look of the Dells as we enjoy waterparks and attractions but can also use that as a base to see some of the other lovely parts of Wisconsin.
My questions are :-
1) Is our itinary workable and not too ambitious?
2) Should we re evaluate our route to take in better places of interest?
3)Is there anywhere that is a must-see that we ought to take into account?
Thank you for taking the time to read my thread and I look forward to receiving your responses.
R V trip in Wisconsin
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 2 Hardly Strictly Bluegrass
- 3 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 4 Boston/Fenway park
- 5 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 6 Atlanta with kids
- 7 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 8 Any nice Family Camps near Lake Winnepesauki?
- 9 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 10 New York City Restaurants
- 11 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 12 Cabaret seating at Studio 54 - huh?
- 13 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 14 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 15 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 16 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 17 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 18 Family Camp in Maine
- 19 San Diego
- 20 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 21 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 22 Timeshare Nightmares
- 23 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 24 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 25 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier