Thanks for your help on this. We ended up getting a later start than we wanted to.
Drive from CT was uneventful and easy.
Got to the zoo around 10:15 or so. We always try to go early to avoid crowds and hope that the animals are active. We enjoyed the zoo but felt that was too much backtracking necessary to see everything. This is probably a factor of the construction of the new Polar Bear Exhibit. Most of the animals were out (aardvark had a baby in March and isn't out right now). Some of the animals were tucked in the back of their exhibits so it was tough to see them. Having just been at the Southwick Zoo in Mass, I would rate Southwick above Roger Williams due to a bigger selection of animals. Still enjoyed this zoo and spent about 3 hours here.
Drove to Bristol. My GPS had a lot of problems around Providence due to the new construction. It was sending me off the highway onto roads to get back onto the highway. Thankfully I realized that but you need to be aware of this. I am due for an update - hopefully it includes Providence. We went to Quitos and ended up eating there. Excellent food. We sat outside and each had Fish n Chips. Good price and right on the water. We left there and drove into Colt Park. Lots of people there and barely got a parking spot. We through a football around while my friend's niece flew her kite. She was really enjoying it.
Left Bristol to drive to the Pawtucket Red Sox game. Very quick drive. Got there about 2 hours before the game and the parking lot was nearly full. There was a Youth Clinic before the game. However, the parking lot is small. Anybody going to a game here should be aware of this as it is a long walk from the alternate parking spots. Got to our seats and had a hot dog / beer. Great seats. I really enjoy going to PawSox games. Good atmosphere and a cheap alternative to Fenway. PawSox won after the Chiefs made 4 straight errors in the 8th Inning.
Drove back to Hartford after the game. Uneventful drive again. Its about 1.5 hours from my house to Providence. I need to go over there more often. Driving back through Providence from Pawtucket, you can see the State House lit up and towering over that section of the city. I have driven this a lot and don't remember seeing it.
Quick Day Trip to Providence
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 NYC theatre broadway
- 4 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 5 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 8 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 9 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 10 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 11 Visiting Denver
- 12 Visiting Denver
- 13 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 14 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 15 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 16 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 17 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 18 Denver in a half day
- 19 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 20 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 21 Oahu ideas
- 22 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 23 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 24 Best places to move to Florida?
- 25 West Coast Bound End of March