Thanks for your help on this. We ended up getting a later start than we wanted to.
Drive from CT was uneventful and easy.
Got to the zoo around 10:15 or so. We always try to go early to avoid crowds and hope that the animals are active. We enjoyed the zoo but felt that was too much backtracking necessary to see everything. This is probably a factor of the construction of the new Polar Bear Exhibit. Most of the animals were out (aardvark had a baby in March and isn't out right now). Some of the animals were tucked in the back of their exhibits so it was tough to see them. Having just been at the Southwick Zoo in Mass, I would rate Southwick above Roger Williams due to a bigger selection of animals. Still enjoyed this zoo and spent about 3 hours here.
Drove to Bristol. My GPS had a lot of problems around Providence due to the new construction. It was sending me off the highway onto roads to get back onto the highway. Thankfully I realized that but you need to be aware of this. I am due for an update - hopefully it includes Providence. We went to Quitos and ended up eating there. Excellent food. We sat outside and each had Fish n Chips. Good price and right on the water. We left there and drove into Colt Park. Lots of people there and barely got a parking spot. We through a football around while my friend's niece flew her kite. She was really enjoying it.
Left Bristol to drive to the Pawtucket Red Sox game. Very quick drive. Got there about 2 hours before the game and the parking lot was nearly full. There was a Youth Clinic before the game. However, the parking lot is small. Anybody going to a game here should be aware of this as it is a long walk from the alternate parking spots. Got to our seats and had a hot dog / beer. Great seats. I really enjoy going to PawSox games. Good atmosphere and a cheap alternative to Fenway. PawSox won after the Chiefs made 4 straight errors in the 8th Inning.
Drove back to Hartford after the game. Uneventful drive again. Its about 1.5 hours from my house to Providence. I need to go over there more often. Driving back through Providence from Pawtucket, you can see the State House lit up and towering over that section of the city. I have driven this a lot and don't remember seeing it.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 2 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 3 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 4 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 5 NOLA Trip Report, October 2015
- 6 Relocating to the Deep South
- 7 Arlington funeral plans
- 8 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 9 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 10 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 11 Nice hotel / B&B in Tucson - January
- 12 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 13 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 14 Nashville Weekend Bachelorette Trip
- 15 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 16 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 17 Airfares in the 1970's
- 18 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 19 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 20 First road trip from Tulsa to New Orleans
- 21 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 22 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 23 Seattle to San Francisco
- 24 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 25 San Francisco and Napa