Thanks for your help on this. We ended up getting a later start than we wanted to.
Drive from CT was uneventful and easy.
Got to the zoo around 10:15 or so. We always try to go early to avoid crowds and hope that the animals are active. We enjoyed the zoo but felt that was too much backtracking necessary to see everything. This is probably a factor of the construction of the new Polar Bear Exhibit. Most of the animals were out (aardvark had a baby in March and isn't out right now). Some of the animals were tucked in the back of their exhibits so it was tough to see them. Having just been at the Southwick Zoo in Mass, I would rate Southwick above Roger Williams due to a bigger selection of animals. Still enjoyed this zoo and spent about 3 hours here.
Drove to Bristol. My GPS had a lot of problems around Providence due to the new construction. It was sending me off the highway onto roads to get back onto the highway. Thankfully I realized that but you need to be aware of this. I am due for an update - hopefully it includes Providence. We went to Quitos and ended up eating there. Excellent food. We sat outside and each had Fish n Chips. Good price and right on the water. We left there and drove into Colt Park. Lots of people there and barely got a parking spot. We through a football around while my friend's niece flew her kite. She was really enjoying it.
Left Bristol to drive to the Pawtucket Red Sox game. Very quick drive. Got there about 2 hours before the game and the parking lot was nearly full. There was a Youth Clinic before the game. However, the parking lot is small. Anybody going to a game here should be aware of this as it is a long walk from the alternate parking spots. Got to our seats and had a hot dog / beer. Great seats. I really enjoy going to PawSox games. Good atmosphere and a cheap alternative to Fenway. PawSox won after the Chiefs made 4 straight errors in the 8th Inning.
Drove back to Hartford after the game. Uneventful drive again. Its about 1.5 hours from my house to Providence. I need to go over there more often. Driving back through Providence from Pawtucket, you can see the State House lit up and towering over that section of the city. I have driven this a lot and don't remember seeing it.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 2 Angels Landing
- 3 California & Arizona Itinerary
- 4 Denver/Breckenridge/Summit County
- 5 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 6 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 7 First time visit to California
- 8 Dependable Airport Hotel Shuttlebus
- 9 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 10 San Diego Family Reunion Planning
- 11 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 12 NY State Assembly Internship
- 13 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 14 Room Service @ Disney Hotel
- 15 Touring Hearst Castle
- 16 East coast & Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
- 17 Waikoloa restaurants?
- 18 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 19 San Francisco
- 20 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 21 California road trip - oneway or round trip
- 22 Seattle/Vancouver in July
- 23 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 24 Grand Canyon - Three hour Mule ride
- 25 Going to Coachella - what to do after the festival