We are renting a car in Boston and driving along the coast - Rockport, York, Portland, Camden and on to Bar Harbor. From Bar Harbor we will go into New Hampshire to Jackson and then to Vermont - Stowe, Bennington, and Woodstock. From Woodstock, we will return to Boston. We are there for the scenic drives - not the interstates. However, I am not sure if we will be able to avoid the toll roads completely. My question is - do most of the toll roads require a pass or can you pay cash at toll booths? I don't want to pay the fee to the rental car company for using the pass if I can avoid it. Thanks!
Question about Toll Roads in New England
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 2 Colorado Skiing
- 3 American Honeymoon in March
- 4 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 5 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 6 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 7 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 8 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 9 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 10 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 11 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 12 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 13 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 14 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 15 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 16 To San Francisco for 8 days
- 17 From Seattle airport to the city
- 18 Middle America in October
- 19 New York City Christmas Trip
- 20 visit to HIghLine
- 21 Please Recommend Florida Gulf Coast Beach Towns to Live
- 22 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 23 Best route from Nashville to Panama City Beach Florida
- 24 4 week family trip ideas
- 25 Martha's Vineyard Sailing