We are renting a car in Boston and driving along the coast - Rockport, York, Portland, Camden and on to Bar Harbor. From Bar Harbor we will go into New Hampshire to Jackson and then to Vermont - Stowe, Bennington, and Woodstock. From Woodstock, we will return to Boston. We are there for the scenic drives - not the interstates. However, I am not sure if we will be able to avoid the toll roads completely. My question is - do most of the toll roads require a pass or can you pay cash at toll booths? I don't want to pay the fee to the rental car company for using the pass if I can avoid it. Thanks!
Question about Toll Roads in New England
View all United States activity »
- 1 Warm and don't Drive
- 2 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 3 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 4 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 5 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 6 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 7 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 8 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 9 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 10 hotel near Met NYC
- 11 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 12 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 13 Princeville in January
- 14 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 15 RIP Judy Rogers
- 16 pa to az
- 17 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 18 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 19 Savanah Sojourn
- 20 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 21 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 22 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 23 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 24 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 25 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!