We are planning a 9-10 day trip in August. We have the nights of August 25-28 at lodges in Yellowstone so we are planning around that. Right now we are planning on flying into Bozeman and spending 4 nights at the Rainbow Ranch Lodge before our 3 nights in Yellowstone and then spending 2 nights in Jackson Hole afterwards. My question: should we leave a day earlier and fly into Billings and drive the Beartooth Highway to Cooke City and stay there (or thereabouts) for a night and then drive to Big Sky the next day, stopping in the park along the way, In other words, is the drive on the Beartooth Highway worth it? The guidebooks make it sound spectacular and a little off the beaten path which appeals to us. Any advice or suggestions about our itinerary generally appreciated
Question about Beartooth Highway
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cabin Honeymoon Out West
- 2 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 3 DRIVING ACROSS COUNTRY EAST TO WEST MID MAY TO JUNE
- 4 Chicago in early March 2015 - a dilemma...
- 5 Dining Suggestions for the Baltimore/Annapolis Area?
- 6 New York City Restaurants
- 7 Searching For The Rhythm Of Florida
- 8 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 9 Boston/Fenway park
- 10 California self drive trip
- 11 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 12 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 13 Boutique Hotels - NYC
- 14 Timeshare Nightmares
- 15 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 16 10 day trip to California
- 17 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 18 Oregon, Washington, Amtrak
- 19 Drive along the Columbia River
- 20 Wine Country Picnic
- 21 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 22 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 23 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 24 Recommendations for four days in Las Vegas
- 25 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,