We are planning a 9-10 day trip in August. We have the nights of August 25-28 at lodges in Yellowstone so we are planning around that. Right now we are planning on flying into Bozeman and spending 4 nights at the Rainbow Ranch Lodge before our 3 nights in Yellowstone and then spending 2 nights in Jackson Hole afterwards. My question: should we leave a day earlier and fly into Billings and drive the Beartooth Highway to Cooke City and stay there (or thereabouts) for a night and then drive to Big Sky the next day, stopping in the park along the way, In other words, is the drive on the Beartooth Highway worth it? The guidebooks make it sound spectacular and a little off the beaten path which appeals to us. Any advice or suggestions about our itinerary generally appreciated
Question about Beartooth Highway
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 2 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 3 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 4 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 5 New England September
- 6 Yosemite in Winter
- 7 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 8 Active Vacation
- 9 Quick SoCal question
- 10 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 11 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 14 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 15 Tampa in February
- 16 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 17 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 18 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 19 NYC taxi vs car service
- 20 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 21 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 22 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 23 Austin Food Trucks
- 24 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 25 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip