We are planning a 9-10 day trip in August. We have the nights of August 25-28 at lodges in Yellowstone so we are planning around that. Right now we are planning on flying into Bozeman and spending 4 nights at the Rainbow Ranch Lodge before our 3 nights in Yellowstone and then spending 2 nights in Jackson Hole afterwards. My question: should we leave a day earlier and fly into Billings and drive the Beartooth Highway to Cooke City and stay there (or thereabouts) for a night and then drive to Big Sky the next day, stopping in the park along the way, In other words, is the drive on the Beartooth Highway worth it? The guidebooks make it sound spectacular and a little off the beaten path which appeals to us. Any advice or suggestions about our itinerary generally appreciated
Question about Beartooth Highway
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 4 Visiting Denver
- 5 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 6 Denver in a half day
- 7 Visiting Denver
- 8 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 9 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 12 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 13 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 14 Oahu ideas
- 15 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 16 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 17 Best places to move to Florida?
- 18 West Coast Bound End of March
- 19 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 20 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 21 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 22 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 23 Key Largo, FL
- 24 Death Valley in June
- 25 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle