We are planning a 9-10 day trip in August. We have the nights of August 25-28 at lodges in Yellowstone so we are planning around that. Right now we are planning on flying into Bozeman and spending 4 nights at the Rainbow Ranch Lodge before our 3 nights in Yellowstone and then spending 2 nights in Jackson Hole afterwards. My question: should we leave a day earlier and fly into Billings and drive the Beartooth Highway to Cooke City and stay there (or thereabouts) for a night and then drive to Big Sky the next day, stopping in the park along the way, In other words, is the drive on the Beartooth Highway worth it? The guidebooks make it sound spectacular and a little off the beaten path which appeals to us. Any advice or suggestions about our itinerary generally appreciated
Question about Beartooth Highway
View all United States activity »
- 1 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 2 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 3 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 4 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 5 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 6 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 7 Question about Boulder area
- 8 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 9 Savannah or Charleston- If you had to choose.
- 10 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 11 Hike down the Grand Canyon in February?
- 12 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 13 Grand Canyon in March?
- 14 a very short trip report of our 10 days on the Big Island
- 15 California Tour Groups?
- 16 Hotel near Public Theater
- 17 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 18 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions
- 19 Warm and don't Drive
- 20 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 21 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 22 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 23 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 24 PRIDE OF AMERICA
- 25 Viginia Jan 18-21st