We are planning a 9-10 day trip in August. We have the nights of August 25-28 at lodges in Yellowstone so we are planning around that. Right now we are planning on flying into Bozeman and spending 4 nights at the Rainbow Ranch Lodge before our 3 nights in Yellowstone and then spending 2 nights in Jackson Hole afterwards. My question: should we leave a day earlier and fly into Billings and drive the Beartooth Highway to Cooke City and stay there (or thereabouts) for a night and then drive to Big Sky the next day, stopping in the park along the way, In other words, is the drive on the Beartooth Highway worth it? The guidebooks make it sound spectacular and a little off the beaten path which appeals to us. Any advice or suggestions about our itinerary generally appreciated
Question about Beartooth Highway
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 2 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 3 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 4 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 5 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 6 Vegas hotels for families
- 7 Two airports to choose from?
- 8 Palm Desert California recommendations for dining
- 9 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 10 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 11 San Francisco - mid October
- 12 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 13 A few NYC questions about 9/11 memorial tours and more.
- 14 Key West Dry Tortugas
- 15 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 16 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 17 best area to stay in san diego
- 18 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 19 Where to go to hear good Hawaiian Music in Kauai?
- 20 layover
- 21 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 22 Which cross-country route, I-40 or I-80?
- 23 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 24 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 25 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?