We are planning a 9-10 day trip in August. We have the nights of August 25-28 at lodges in Yellowstone so we are planning around that. Right now we are planning on flying into Bozeman and spending 4 nights at the Rainbow Ranch Lodge before our 3 nights in Yellowstone and then spending 2 nights in Jackson Hole afterwards. My question: should we leave a day earlier and fly into Billings and drive the Beartooth Highway to Cooke City and stay there (or thereabouts) for a night and then drive to Big Sky the next day, stopping in the park along the way, In other words, is the drive on the Beartooth Highway worth it? The guidebooks make it sound spectacular and a little off the beaten path which appeals to us. Any advice or suggestions about our itinerary generally appreciated
Question about Beartooth Highway
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 3 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Kennedy Space Center
- 6 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 7 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 8 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 9 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 10 5 week in US/Mexico
- 11 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 12 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 13 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 14 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 15 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 16 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 17 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 18 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 19 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 20 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 21 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 22 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 23 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 24 Jersey City Parking
- 25 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?