We are looking to spend a few quiet nights on the way to a memorial service in Mechanicsville MD. While Baltimore and DC would be on our path, neither has the lure of quiet charm. We have visited Annapolis briefly, but are looking for something a bit more quiet and remote. We are trying not to have to cross the Bay westward on Sunday, the day of the service.
Of course, this will be the day before Labor Day. so perhaps I am misjudging traffic.
Any thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated.
Quaint town of western side of Chesapeake Bay
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 2 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 3 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 4 united and carry-ons
- 5 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 6 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 7 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 8 Cape Cod in early April
- 9 USA with a 3 year old
- 10 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 11 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 14 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 15 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 18 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 19 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 22 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 23 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 24 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 25 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver