We've never been to Waterfire, but have heard how great it is - we've decided to make a last minute trip to see it tomorrow. I know we've waited too late to get dinner reservations at one of the restaurants overlooking the river (I tried one - silly me!) - if we just drive to Providence late tomorrow afternoon, would we have any trouble finding a restaurant to eat at on a walk-in basis within a short walk of the river-walk (doesn't have to be fancy or gourmet, but decent), or would we be nuts to go there without a reservation somewhere? I don't know what's within walking distance to even try getting a reservation - I just don't have any idea how difficult this would be. I also don't know where we should park, so any guidance there would be greatly appreciated. While spontaneous plans can be fun, I don't want to wind up in a situation where we drive a long way and can't find a place to park or a place to eat (and keeping DH happy and relaxed is a goal, too). Thanks for any advice and guidance.
Providence Waterfire tomorrow- where to park, where to eat?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big island itinerary
- 2 Thousand Islands
- 3 Best Destination in USA
- 4 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 5 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 6 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 7 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 8 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 9 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 10 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 11 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 12 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 13 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 14 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 15 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 16 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 17 New York City and New England
- 18 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 19 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 20 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 21 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 22 San Francisco with 7 kids ages 5-14
- 23 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 24 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 25 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review