We've never been to Waterfire, but have heard how great it is - we've decided to make a last minute trip to see it tomorrow. I know we've waited too late to get dinner reservations at one of the restaurants overlooking the river (I tried one - silly me!) - if we just drive to Providence late tomorrow afternoon, would we have any trouble finding a restaurant to eat at on a walk-in basis within a short walk of the river-walk (doesn't have to be fancy or gourmet, but decent), or would we be nuts to go there without a reservation somewhere? I don't know what's within walking distance to even try getting a reservation - I just don't have any idea how difficult this would be. I also don't know where we should park, so any guidance there would be greatly appreciated. While spontaneous plans can be fun, I don't want to wind up in a situation where we drive a long way and can't find a place to park or a place to eat (and keeping DH happy and relaxed is a goal, too). Thanks for any advice and guidance.
Providence Waterfire tomorrow- where to park, where to eat?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 2 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 3 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 4 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 5 General Utah planning questions
- 6 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 7 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 8 Dining in Manhattan
- 9 From Seattle airport to the city
- 10 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 11 New York City Christmas Trip
- 12 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 13 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 14 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 15 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 16 Colorado Skiing
- 17 American Honeymoon in March
- 18 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 19 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 20 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 21 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 22 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 23 Northern West Coast Road Trip
- 24 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 25 To San Francisco for 8 days