We've never been to Waterfire, but have heard how great it is - we've decided to make a last minute trip to see it tomorrow. I know we've waited too late to get dinner reservations at one of the restaurants overlooking the river (I tried one - silly me!) - if we just drive to Providence late tomorrow afternoon, would we have any trouble finding a restaurant to eat at on a walk-in basis within a short walk of the river-walk (doesn't have to be fancy or gourmet, but decent), or would we be nuts to go there without a reservation somewhere? I don't know what's within walking distance to even try getting a reservation - I just don't have any idea how difficult this would be. I also don't know where we should park, so any guidance there would be greatly appreciated. While spontaneous plans can be fun, I don't want to wind up in a situation where we drive a long way and can't find a place to park or a place to eat (and keeping DH happy and relaxed is a goal, too). Thanks for any advice and guidance.
Providence Waterfire tomorrow- where to park, where to eat?
View all United States activity »
- 1 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 2 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 3 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 4 Fripp island
- 5 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 6 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 7 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 8 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 9 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 10 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 11 Where should I move to?
- 12 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 13 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 14 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 15 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 16 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013