In the past I've made bids using Priceline for "downtown Jacksonville" and "downtown Fort Lauderdale",managing both times to get hotels that I could manage the way I travel (I use public transit, walk, bike, don't drive). These cities are not exactly what I would call "carless-friendly places", but I managed to make bids that gave me excellent prices in a good location. If I make a bid in "downtown San Antonio" would there be a chance I'd be within say a walkable distance of the Alamo/Riverwalk? If there's a chance I could end up out of walking range, I wouldn't want to risk it and would just book with a hotel direclty. Any experience with Priceline bids for San Antonio?
Thanks in advance, Daniel
Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 2 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 3 Richmond to Oklahoma City Slowly: what not to miss?
- 4 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 5 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 6 Take the T or cab from Logan
- 7 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 8 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 9 Chicago Questions
- 10 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 11 Hotel near the Miami airport
- 12 Best way to see South & Central Florida in a week.
- 13 Recommendations for things to do near San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
- 14 Accommodations in Floriday keys
- 15 Is the New York subway safe?
- 16 Chicago eateries downtown
- 17 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 18 Where to from Tampa?
- 19 Tell me about Santa Catalina Island
- 20 Grand Canyon , Zion and Bryce Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 22 Looking for a travel loop in Arizona (Las Vegas to Tucson & back)
- 23 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 24 kuai and maui top 10 to see list
- 25 Drive Dallas To New Orleans - Best Food Stops!!