In the past I've made bids using Priceline for "downtown Jacksonville" and "downtown Fort Lauderdale",managing both times to get hotels that I could manage the way I travel (I use public transit, walk, bike, don't drive). These cities are not exactly what I would call "carless-friendly places", but I managed to make bids that gave me excellent prices in a good location. If I make a bid in "downtown San Antonio" would there be a chance I'd be within say a walkable distance of the Alamo/Riverwalk? If there's a chance I could end up out of walking range, I wouldn't want to risk it and would just book with a hotel direclty. Any experience with Priceline bids for San Antonio?
Thanks in advance, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Honeymoon out west.
- 2 Visit to St. Simons Island, Georgia
- 3 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 4 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk
- 5 Chicago to Charleston
- 6 How many states have you been to?
- 7 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 8 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 9 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 10 USA, Trip to the south
- 11 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
- 12 Alaska Trip Planning Please Help
- 13 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 14 Rental car or RV for road trip from San Francisco via Las Vegas to Denver
- 15 SF special dinner for 70 birthday
- 16 Retiring to Tucson
- 17 Trip Report: Charleston, Vero Beach, Beaufort
- 18 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 19 SD card usage in multiple devices and formatting
- 20 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 21 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 22 Big Sure in June
- 23 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 24 Santa Fe Itineray
- 25 Roadtrip July 2017
Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?