In the past I've made bids using Priceline for "downtown Jacksonville" and "downtown Fort Lauderdale",managing both times to get hotels that I could manage the way I travel (I use public transit, walk, bike, don't drive). These cities are not exactly what I would call "carless-friendly places", but I managed to make bids that gave me excellent prices in a good location. If I make a bid in "downtown San Antonio" would there be a chance I'd be within say a walkable distance of the Alamo/Riverwalk? If there's a chance I could end up out of walking range, I wouldn't want to risk it and would just book with a hotel direclty. Any experience with Priceline bids for San Antonio?
Thanks in advance, Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 2 Santa Barbara/Ojai?
- 3 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 4 Need help planning - Car Road trip SF to Grand Canyon
- 5 New Orleans and Slidell
- 6 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 7 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 8 Back From Alaska
- 9 Road trip from Albuquerque to Grand Canyon to Phoenix in February or March
- 10 Pacific coast road trip
- 11 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 12 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 13 Two days out of Seattle
- 14 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 15 MN Family Hits Black Hills and Beyond
- 16 San Francisco - Hawaii Exhibit
- 17 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 18 Maine
- 19 Driving tips for San Diego, Palm Springs, Ventura
- 20 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 21 Restaurants close to King's Station?
- 22 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 23 December trip to see snow
- 24 Dining and wining in Dallas
- 25 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?