My family is looking at taking an extended trip this next summer to some of the national parks out west (we live in Michigan). As of right now, there are 5 that we have collaboratively thought about - Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, Redwood, Glacier and Yellowstone. My concern is that we might be biting off more then we can chew, and my big question is, is Redwood worth the extra 1200 miles we would be driving? Our most important stops are the Grand Canyon and Glacier. i wish we had more time, but were trying to do as much as we can before our son graduates from high school in a couple of years, so were trying to slam as much in as we can in 18 days. is there any other suggestion that we do not have listed? Thanks so much!
Possible National Park trip
View all United States activity »
- 1 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 2 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 3 One day in Washington DC
- 4 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 5 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 6 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 7 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 8 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 9 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 10 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 11 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 12 RIP Judy Rogers
- 13 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 14 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 15 Boston area
- 16 Savanah Sojourn
- 17 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 18 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 19 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 20 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 21 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 22 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 23 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 24 UK passport to travel from US to Thailand
- 25 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?