My family is looking at taking an extended trip this next summer to some of the national parks out west (we live in Michigan). As of right now, there are 5 that we have collaboratively thought about - Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, Redwood, Glacier and Yellowstone. My concern is that we might be biting off more then we can chew, and my big question is, is Redwood worth the extra 1200 miles we would be driving? Our most important stops are the Grand Canyon and Glacier. i wish we had more time, but were trying to do as much as we can before our son graduates from high school in a couple of years, so were trying to slam as much in as we can in 18 days. is there any other suggestion that we do not have listed? Thanks so much!
Possible National Park trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite in Winter
- 2 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 3 Active Vacation
- 4 Quick SoCal question
- 5 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 6 New England September
- 7 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 8 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 9 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 10 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 11 Tampa in February
- 12 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 13 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 14 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 15 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 16 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 17 NYC taxi vs car service
- 18 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 19 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 20 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 21 Austin Food Trucks
- 22 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 23 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 24 searching for urban master planned community
- 25 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?