My family is looking at taking an extended trip this next summer to some of the national parks out west (we live in Michigan). As of right now, there are 5 that we have collaboratively thought about - Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, Redwood, Glacier and Yellowstone. My concern is that we might be biting off more then we can chew, and my big question is, is Redwood worth the extra 1200 miles we would be driving? Our most important stops are the Grand Canyon and Glacier. i wish we had more time, but were trying to do as much as we can before our son graduates from high school in a couple of years, so were trying to slam as much in as we can in 18 days. is there any other suggestion that we do not have listed? Thanks so much!
Possible National Park trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Resolution New Years Eve 2015
- 2 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 3 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 4 Dining in Manhattan
- 5 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 6 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 7 From Seattle airport to the city
- 8 General Utah planning questions
- 9 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 10 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 11 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 12 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 13 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 14 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 15 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 16 New York City Christmas Trip
- 17 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 18 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 19 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 20 Colorado Skiing
- 21 American Honeymoon in March
- 22 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 23 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 24 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 25 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando