My family is looking at taking an extended trip this next summer to some of the national parks out west (we live in Michigan). As of right now, there are 5 that we have collaboratively thought about - Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, Redwood, Glacier and Yellowstone. My concern is that we might be biting off more then we can chew, and my big question is, is Redwood worth the extra 1200 miles we would be driving? Our most important stops are the Grand Canyon and Glacier. i wish we had more time, but were trying to do as much as we can before our son graduates from high school in a couple of years, so were trying to slam as much in as we can in 18 days. is there any other suggestion that we do not have listed? Thanks so much!
Possible National Park trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 2 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 3 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 4 culpepper
- 5 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 6 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 7 Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents LEGENDS coming to the Bay Area!
- 8 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 9 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 10 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 11 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 12 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 13 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 14 Pub with food in Seattle
- 15 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 16 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 17 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 18 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 19 Hotel near Miami airport
- 20 moving to florida
- 21 Looking for marijuana on Big Island
- 22 Florida's beaches questions: Siesta Key, Stump Pass, Sanibel Island
- 23 Our perfect day in Key West
- 24 Shuttle from RSW to Naples, FL
- 25 3 days road trip from Boston to Arcadia National park