My family is looking at taking an extended trip this next summer to some of the national parks out west (we live in Michigan). As of right now, there are 5 that we have collaboratively thought about - Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, Redwood, Glacier and Yellowstone. My concern is that we might be biting off more then we can chew, and my big question is, is Redwood worth the extra 1200 miles we would be driving? Our most important stops are the Grand Canyon and Glacier. i wish we had more time, but were trying to do as much as we can before our son graduates from high school in a couple of years, so were trying to slam as much in as we can in 18 days. is there any other suggestion that we do not have listed? Thanks so much!
Possible National Park trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 2 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 3 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 4 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 5 Tipping advice
- 6 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 7 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 8 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 9 Key West Hotel in January
- 10 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 11 los angeles restaurants
- 12 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 13 West Maui Restaurants
- 14 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 15 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 16 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 17 7 things to do under $21 in Las Vegas
- 18 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 19 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 20 Boston to Ohio, with visits to FDR Home and Fallingwater
- 21 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 San Diego Little Italy
- 24 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 25 Healdsburg tips