My family is looking at taking an extended trip this next summer to some of the national parks out west (we live in Michigan). As of right now, there are 5 that we have collaboratively thought about - Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, Redwood, Glacier and Yellowstone. My concern is that we might be biting off more then we can chew, and my big question is, is Redwood worth the extra 1200 miles we would be driving? Our most important stops are the Grand Canyon and Glacier. i wish we had more time, but were trying to do as much as we can before our son graduates from high school in a couple of years, so were trying to slam as much in as we can in 18 days. is there any other suggestion that we do not have listed? Thanks so much!
Possible National Park trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 2 The Cindy Shearin Group Bottom Line
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 5 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 6 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 7 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 10 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 11 Visiting Denver
- 12 Visiting Denver
- 13 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 14 NYC theatre broadway
- 15 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 16 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 17 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 18 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 19 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 20 A day in Dallas
- 21 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 22 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 23 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 24 Door County Suggestions
- 25 Best seafood restaurant in Boston