My family is looking at taking an extended trip this next summer to some of the national parks out west (we live in Michigan). As of right now, there are 5 that we have collaboratively thought about - Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, Redwood, Glacier and Yellowstone. My concern is that we might be biting off more then we can chew, and my big question is, is Redwood worth the extra 1200 miles we would be driving? Our most important stops are the Grand Canyon and Glacier. i wish we had more time, but were trying to do as much as we can before our son graduates from high school in a couple of years, so were trying to slam as much in as we can in 18 days. is there any other suggestion that we do not have listed? Thanks so much!
Possible National Park trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 2 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 3 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 4 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 First family ski trip
- 7 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 8 Universal studios/Orlando
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 11 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 12 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 13 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 14 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 15 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 16 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 17 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 18 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 19 USA with a 3 year old
- 20 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 21 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 22 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 23 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 24 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 25 Dividing time in Grand Canyon