My family is looking at taking an extended trip this next summer to some of the national parks out west (we live in Michigan). As of right now, there are 5 that we have collaboratively thought about - Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, Redwood, Glacier and Yellowstone. My concern is that we might be biting off more then we can chew, and my big question is, is Redwood worth the extra 1200 miles we would be driving? Our most important stops are the Grand Canyon and Glacier. i wish we had more time, but were trying to do as much as we can before our son graduates from high school in a couple of years, so were trying to slam as much in as we can in 18 days. is there any other suggestion that we do not have listed? Thanks so much!
Possible National Park trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Marais?
- 2 Beach holiday with baby
- 3 Things to do around New York
- 4 Is Hwy 59/389 an alternate for hwy 9
- 5 Does it seem like people in the US have become...
- 6 Cape cod and Acadia
- 7 Cost of hotels in major cities of the USA
- 8 Carlsbad Cavern area - New Mexico ... Lodging
- 9 Best hotels near the Kennedy Center?
- 10 New Orleans 2015 safety with kids
- 11 8 day honeymoon around Leavenworth and Seattle
- 12 Getting from Washington DC to Dulles airport, quickest way possible
- 13 Barrow Alaska
- 14 Seward to Anchorage transfer?
- 15 Salt Lake City
- 16 Alaska Cruise: Coral Princess or Norwegian sun?
- 17 Park City Utah
- 18 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 19 Maine in latter half of September
- 20 Diego and Frida at the DIA -- Where to Stay?
- 21 Need advise for a Mother/Daughter trip to Arizona
- 22 Myrtle Beach, SC ... Where to drive to??
- 23 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 24 Colorado trip
- 25 Quick NYC trip review: Girls Gone Wild Part Deux