My family is looking at taking an extended trip this next summer to some of the national parks out west (we live in Michigan). As of right now, there are 5 that we have collaboratively thought about - Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, Redwood, Glacier and Yellowstone. My concern is that we might be biting off more then we can chew, and my big question is, is Redwood worth the extra 1200 miles we would be driving? Our most important stops are the Grand Canyon and Glacier. i wish we had more time, but were trying to do as much as we can before our son graduates from high school in a couple of years, so were trying to slam as much in as we can in 18 days. is there any other suggestion that we do not have listed? Thanks so much!
Possible National Park trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Martha's Vineyard Sailing
- 2 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 3 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 4 NYC to LA road trip - Buy or rent a car?
- 5 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 6 American Honeymoon in March
- 7 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 8 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 9 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 10 4 week family trip ideas
- 11 Transportation from Newark to Midtown Hotel
- 12 san fran sightseeing
- 13 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 14 Boston in winter?
- 15 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 16 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 17 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 18 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 19 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 20 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 21 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 22 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 23 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 24 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 25 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?