My family is looking at taking an extended trip this next summer to some of the national parks out west (we live in Michigan). As of right now, there are 5 that we have collaboratively thought about - Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, Redwood, Glacier and Yellowstone. My concern is that we might be biting off more then we can chew, and my big question is, is Redwood worth the extra 1200 miles we would be driving? Our most important stops are the Grand Canyon and Glacier. i wish we had more time, but were trying to do as much as we can before our son graduates from high school in a couple of years, so were trying to slam as much in as we can in 18 days. is there any other suggestion that we do not have listed? Thanks so much!
Possible National Park trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 2 Toddler in California but where to go?
- 3 Planning a Day Trip from Poughkeepsie (Returning by 6pm)
- 4 Hawaii is still Hell
- 5 Chattanooga to Washington DC via Blue Ridge Parkway
- 6 Help planning vacation to Vancouver, Seattle & San Juan Islands
- 7 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 8 zion, Bryce,grand canyon
- 9 Road to Hana
- 10 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 11 Rental Services
- 12 Orlando parks advice
- 13 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 14 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 15 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 16 New England XC & Downhill Skiing Week Trip mid-March, Reasonable prices
- 17 Maui - Haleakala
- 18 Trip planning for New York/Disney World Dec16/Jan 17.
- 19 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 20 need help planning a trip to Grand Hotel/Mackinac Island, MI
- 21 Sedona - ladies trips- suggestions on where to stay and time of year?
- 22 Vegas in mid may
- 23 Bachelorette Weekend in NYC: Best Hotel (with rooftop bar?) and Clubs?
- 24 Worth visiting NYC just on weekdays?
- 25 SXSW an issue?: 4 Days In Austin 8-11