My family is looking at taking an extended trip this next summer to some of the national parks out west (we live in Michigan). As of right now, there are 5 that we have collaboratively thought about - Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, Redwood, Glacier and Yellowstone. My concern is that we might be biting off more then we can chew, and my big question is, is Redwood worth the extra 1200 miles we would be driving? Our most important stops are the Grand Canyon and Glacier. i wish we had more time, but were trying to do as much as we can before our son graduates from high school in a couple of years, so were trying to slam as much in as we can in 18 days. is there any other suggestion that we do not have listed? Thanks so much!
Possible National Park trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 2 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 3 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 4 Brooklyn why?
- 5 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 6 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 7 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 10 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 11 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 12 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 13 Kennedy Space Center
- 14 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 15 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 16 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 17 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 18 5 week in US/Mexico
- 19 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 20 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 21 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 22 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 23 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 24 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 25 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014