My family is looking at taking an extended trip this next summer to some of the national parks out west (we live in Michigan). As of right now, there are 5 that we have collaboratively thought about - Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, Redwood, Glacier and Yellowstone. My concern is that we might be biting off more then we can chew, and my big question is, is Redwood worth the extra 1200 miles we would be driving? Our most important stops are the Grand Canyon and Glacier. i wish we had more time, but were trying to do as much as we can before our son graduates from high school in a couple of years, so were trying to slam as much in as we can in 18 days. is there any other suggestion that we do not have listed? Thanks so much!
Possible National Park trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 2 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 3 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 4 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 5 Quick Trip to NYC
- 6 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 7 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 8 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 9 San Francisco - mid October
- 10 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 11 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 12 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 13 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 14 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 15 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 16 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 17 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 18 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 19 Road trip itinerary
- 20 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 21 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 22 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 25 Vegas hotels for families