My family is looking at taking an extended trip this next summer to some of the national parks out west (we live in Michigan). As of right now, there are 5 that we have collaboratively thought about - Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, Redwood, Glacier and Yellowstone. My concern is that we might be biting off more then we can chew, and my big question is, is Redwood worth the extra 1200 miles we would be driving? Our most important stops are the Grand Canyon and Glacier. i wish we had more time, but were trying to do as much as we can before our son graduates from high school in a couple of years, so were trying to slam as much in as we can in 18 days. is there any other suggestion that we do not have listed? Thanks so much!
Possible National Park trip
View all United States activity »
- 1 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 2 Biloxi questions again
- 3 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 4 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 5 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 6 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 7 Madison Square Garden
- 8 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 9 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 10 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 11 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 12 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 13 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 14 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 15 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 16 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 17 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 18 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 19 Warm and don't Drive
- 20 After 13 Years, We Returned to the Big Apple
- 21 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 22 a very short, uneventful trip report of our 10 days in south Kona
- 23 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 24 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 25 the Cliffs Resort at Princeville