My family is looking at taking an extended trip this next summer to some of the national parks out west (we live in Michigan). As of right now, there are 5 that we have collaboratively thought about - Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, Redwood, Glacier and Yellowstone. My concern is that we might be biting off more then we can chew, and my big question is, is Redwood worth the extra 1200 miles we would be driving? Our most important stops are the Grand Canyon and Glacier. i wish we had more time, but were trying to do as much as we can before our son graduates from high school in a couple of years, so were trying to slam as much in as we can in 18 days. is there any other suggestion that we do not have listed? Thanks so much!
Possible National Park trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 2 Tipping advice
- 3 Cheapest, best to get from San Fran Airport to Hotel in Fina. District?
- 4 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?
- 5 2 or 3 nights in Hana
- 6 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 7 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 8 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 9 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 10 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 11 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 12 San Diego Little Italy
- 13 Key West Hotel in January
- 14 Healdsburg tips
- 15 Hawaii or Rio for male single traveler
- 16 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 17 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 18 los angeles restaurants
- 19 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 20 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 21 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 22 Calf trip
- 23 Trip to Jupiter, FL
- 24 West Maui Restaurants
- 25 Napa/Sonoma hotel confusion...please help