My family is looking at taking an extended trip this next summer to some of the national parks out west (we live in Michigan). As of right now, there are 5 that we have collaboratively thought about - Rocky Mountain, Grand Canyon, Redwood, Glacier and Yellowstone. My concern is that we might be biting off more then we can chew, and my big question is, is Redwood worth the extra 1200 miles we would be driving? Our most important stops are the Grand Canyon and Glacier. i wish we had more time, but were trying to do as much as we can before our son graduates from high school in a couple of years, so were trying to slam as much in as we can in 18 days. is there any other suggestion that we do not have listed? Thanks so much!
Possible National Park trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington, DC to Boston
- 2 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 3 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 4 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 5 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 6 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 7 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 8 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 9 WISCONSIN
- 10 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 11 rain in Kauai
- 12 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 13 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 14 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 15 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 16 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 17 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 18 Phoenix restaurants
- 19 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 20 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 21 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?
- 22 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 23 San Diego Trip Report
- 24 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 25 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days