Hi, I was hoping to get some advice about taking a trip to Gatlinburg with my husband and 3 yr old son. We would be driving from Orlando. First, is it worth doing the 10 hour drive with a little one, or should we stop along the way? Second, we wanted a vacation that wasn't the beach or a cruise (which we have done) and the Smokey Mountains sounds interesting. We are from a tourist city, but how does Gatlinburg in mid August compare to tourists and crowds in Orlando? Finally, what are some things that would interest my son? We were hoping to stay somewhere where we could walk to most shopping and dining, and do day trips in the Smokies. Thanks for any advice you have!
Possible Gatlinburg Itinerary with 3 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 2 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 3 Yosemite in Winter
- 4 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 5 Quick SoCal question
- 6 Required snow tires & rental cars?
- 7 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 8 Tampa in February
- 9 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 10 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 11 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 12 NYC LES Restaurant A Casa Fox
- 13 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)
- 14 New England September
- 15 NYC taxi vs car service
- 16 San Francisco-renting a car for a day
- 17 Car Rental West Palm Beach
- 18 Group of 10 adults to Hawaii
- 19 Austin Food Trucks
- 20 Weekend road trip from Omaha
- 21 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 22 searching for urban master planned community
- 23 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 24 Condos near Disney World
- 25 family celebration trip