Hi, I was hoping to get some advice about taking a trip to Gatlinburg with my husband and 3 yr old son. We would be driving from Orlando. First, is it worth doing the 10 hour drive with a little one, or should we stop along the way? Second, we wanted a vacation that wasn't the beach or a cruise (which we have done) and the Smokey Mountains sounds interesting. We are from a tourist city, but how does Gatlinburg in mid August compare to tourists and crowds in Orlando? Finally, what are some things that would interest my son? We were hoping to stay somewhere where we could walk to most shopping and dining, and do day trips in the Smokies. Thanks for any advice you have!
Possible Gatlinburg Itinerary with 3 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 2 Where to Stay in Boston Without Taking Out a Mortgage ...
- 3 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 4 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 5 Road Trip
- 6 Whale watching
- 7 New York Yankee Station
- 8 DC, Philadelphia, New York, Maine, Acadia NP and Niagara Falls in 11 days?
- 9 Day Trip OUT of Los Angeles
- 10 Have you done an aquarium sleepover?
- 11 California coast: April
- 12 Great Smoky Mountains trip: Tennessee or North Carolina?
- 13 Chicago Girls Weekend
- 14 New York City Borough Walking: Where for Diverse Flavorful Neighborhoods?
- 15 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 16 September trip to Michigan
- 17 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 18 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 19 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 20 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 21 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 22 Looking for a beach front place from central to northern Cal
- 23 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 24 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 25 Roads into Estes Park