Hi, I was hoping to get some advice about taking a trip to Gatlinburg with my husband and 3 yr old son. We would be driving from Orlando. First, is it worth doing the 10 hour drive with a little one, or should we stop along the way? Second, we wanted a vacation that wasn't the beach or a cruise (which we have done) and the Smokey Mountains sounds interesting. We are from a tourist city, but how does Gatlinburg in mid August compare to tourists and crowds in Orlando? Finally, what are some things that would interest my son? We were hoping to stay somewhere where we could walk to most shopping and dining, and do day trips in the Smokies. Thanks for any advice you have!
Possible Gatlinburg Itinerary with 3 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Orlando to Savannah
- 2 Portsmouth NH to NYC
- 3 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 4 Help needed from USA experts... where to?
- 5 Dinner in Miami
- 6 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 7 Met Opera rush tickets - process changed again!
- 8 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 9 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 10 Any edits? San Antonio & Austin Itinerary Dec 31st-Jan 5th or 6th
- 11 Family Reunion Ideas for Maine Coast
- 12 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 13 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 14 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 15 fly fishing spring break - warm weather
- 16 Tipping advice
- 17 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 18 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 19 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 20 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 21 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 22 Christmas weather?
- 23 Big island itinerary
- 24 New York City and New England
- 25 San Diego Girl's Trip in December