My family of five ( 2 adults and 6, 8 and 10 year old dds) will be travelling from Portland to San Francisco during the first 2 weeks of July. We will be leaving Portland on 7/6 and heading south. Currently, we are planning on driving to the coast, enjoying the sand dunes and sites for about 3 days and then heading south. My question is, should we return the car and get on Amtrak on 7/12 and take the train to SF or should we skip the train and drive to SF? If so, what route to take?. We would like to arrive in SF no later then 7/13. If we drive, we are interested in any of the following: the Rouge River, Crater Lake, the Redwoods. However, any fantastic hotel for children just to relax at along the way would be great, too.
Portland to San Francisco with children
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Thank goodness for this service!
- 2 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 3 Texas
- 4 Los Angeles day trips
- 5 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 6 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 7 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 8 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 9 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 10 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 11 Self guided White House tour
- 12 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 13 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 14 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 15 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 16 Northwest USA
- 17 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 18 middlebury vt snow
- 19 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 20 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 21 LA for a day and a half
- 22 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 23 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 24 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 25 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions