My family of five ( 2 adults and 6, 8 and 10 year old dds) will be travelling from Portland to San Francisco during the first 2 weeks of July. We will be leaving Portland on 7/6 and heading south. Currently, we are planning on driving to the coast, enjoying the sand dunes and sites for about 3 days and then heading south. My question is, should we return the car and get on Amtrak on 7/12 and take the train to SF or should we skip the train and drive to SF? If so, what route to take?. We would like to arrive in SF no later then 7/13. If we drive, we are interested in any of the following: the Rouge River, Crater Lake, the Redwoods. However, any fantastic hotel for children just to relax at along the way would be great, too.
Portland to San Francisco with children
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 4 Dining in D.C.
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 7 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 8 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 9 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 10 Brooklyn why?
- 11 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 12 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 13 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 14 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 15 Colorado in the summer!
- 16 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 17 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 18 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 19 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 20 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 21 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 22 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 23 Kennedy Space Center
- 24 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 25 Lunch with little girls UWS?