My family of five ( 2 adults and 6, 8 and 10 year old dds) will be travelling from Portland to San Francisco during the first 2 weeks of July. We will be leaving Portland on 7/6 and heading south. Currently, we are planning on driving to the coast, enjoying the sand dunes and sites for about 3 days and then heading south. My question is, should we return the car and get on Amtrak on 7/12 and take the train to SF or should we skip the train and drive to SF? If so, what route to take?. We would like to arrive in SF no later then 7/13. If we drive, we are interested in any of the following: the Rouge River, Crater Lake, the Redwoods. However, any fantastic hotel for children just to relax at along the way would be great, too.
Portland to San Francisco with children
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 3 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 4 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 7 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 8 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 9 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 10 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 11 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 14 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???
- 15 Kennedy Space Center
- 16 Jersey City Parking
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 19 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 20 Asheville NC without a car
- 21 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 22 Myrtle Beach
- 23 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 24 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 25 Colorado in the summer!