My family of five ( 2 adults and 6, 8 and 10 year old dds) will be travelling from Portland to San Francisco during the first 2 weeks of July. We will be leaving Portland on 7/6 and heading south. Currently, we are planning on driving to the coast, enjoying the sand dunes and sites for about 3 days and then heading south. My question is, should we return the car and get on Amtrak on 7/12 and take the train to SF or should we skip the train and drive to SF? If so, what route to take?. We would like to arrive in SF no later then 7/13. If we drive, we are interested in any of the following: the Rouge River, Crater Lake, the Redwoods. However, any fantastic hotel for children just to relax at along the way would be great, too.
Portland to San Francisco with children
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Upcoming Projects In Kolkata
- 2 American Honeymoon in March
- 3 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 4 Boston in winter?
- 5 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 6 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 7 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 8 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 9 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 10 charlotte
- 11 New York City in April
- 12 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper
- 13 Long Beach - alternative lodging to Queen Mary but close by
- 14 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 15 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 16 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 17 san fran sightseeing
- 18 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 19 Need beach location for summer family reunion.
- 20 Help?! I-40 or I-20 across Southeast US this week? (Construction delays?)
- 21 Baytown, Texas
- 22 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 23 Moving from VA to CT
- 24 New Orleans pictures
- 25 Colonial williamsburg Lodge at Christmas