My family of five ( 2 adults and 6, 8 and 10 year old dds) will be travelling from Portland to San Francisco during the first 2 weeks of July. We will be leaving Portland on 7/6 and heading south. Currently, we are planning on driving to the coast, enjoying the sand dunes and sites for about 3 days and then heading south. My question is, should we return the car and get on Amtrak on 7/12 and take the train to SF or should we skip the train and drive to SF? If so, what route to take?. We would like to arrive in SF no later then 7/13. If we drive, we are interested in any of the following: the Rouge River, Crater Lake, the Redwoods. However, any fantastic hotel for children just to relax at along the way would be great, too.
Portland to San Francisco with children
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 2 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 3 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 4 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 5 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 6 Best places to move to Florida?
- 7 West Coast Bound End of March
- 8 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 9 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 10 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 11 Oahu ideas
- 12 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 13 Key Largo, FL
- 14 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 15 Death Valley in June
- 16 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 17 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 18 San Diego grocery stores
- 19 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 20 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 21 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 22 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 23 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 24 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 25 Buy GoPro Hero3