Been a lurker and reader on this site for a while. Great resource and thank you.
Planning a trip to Oregon for four-ish days in Mid October.
Plan is to fly in to Portland from CA late afternoon on a Thursday. Flying out of Portland that following Monday mid day.
Thinking of driving from airport to Hood River. Spending Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights in Hood River with hiking and wineries during the day on Friday and Saturday. Sunday, return to Portland and maybe catch another hike along the way but planning to spend most of Sunday and Monday morning exploring Portland: urban hiking, checking out the Japanese and Chinese gardens, maybe a museum, hip neighborhoods, etc.
We are a family of three including a six year old son. We're avid hikers, and our son can do a nine mile or so hike with some carrying by us.
We like to avoid crowds.
We want to avoid spreading ourselves too thin. We were thinking about hitting the coast too, but we live near the coast in CA and it's not exotic for us. But maybe the mouth of the Columbia River is different?
Any recommendations on this itinerary, hike suggestions, lodging, food or winery recommendations (we prefer reds, pinot noir is great).
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 month cheap rent in New York City
- 2 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 3 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 4 Great Steel Building
- 5 Gmail phishing attack is Become tricky
- 6 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 7 Help with Northwest Trip
- 8 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 9 road trip
- 10 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 11 In Reverse Gear in Chicago
- 12 Orlando area weather in June
- 13 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 14 New Itinerary
- 15 Camping in FL - Topsail Hill Preserve SP
- 16 Help - Drive from Olympia, WA to SLC, UT
- 17 1st trip to Maine Need feedback and advice
- 18 Restaurant Recommendation Somehwere Between O'Hare and Berrien County, MI
- 19 Myrtle beach
- 20 Brief Savannah Trip--Brief Savannah Trip Report
- 21 HELP FOR ITINERARY
- 22 Miami or New Orleans for 3 days in mid December
- 23 Andaman and Nicobar Islands of South India
- 24 Transit Advisory - NY Penn Station - Amtrak track work Ju;y 10 thru
- 25 Boston Food Tour