Been a lurker and reader on this site for a while. Great resource and thank you.
Planning a trip to Oregon for four-ish days in Mid October.
Plan is to fly in to Portland from CA late afternoon on a Thursday. Flying out of Portland that following Monday mid day.
Thinking of driving from airport to Hood River. Spending Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights in Hood River with hiking and wineries during the day on Friday and Saturday. Sunday, return to Portland and maybe catch another hike along the way but planning to spend most of Sunday and Monday morning exploring Portland: urban hiking, checking out the Japanese and Chinese gardens, maybe a museum, hip neighborhoods, etc.
We are a family of three including a six year old son. We're avid hikers, and our son can do a nine mile or so hike with some carrying by us.
We like to avoid crowds.
We want to avoid spreading ourselves too thin. We were thinking about hitting the coast too, but we live near the coast in CA and it's not exotic for us. But maybe the mouth of the Columbia River is different?
Any recommendations on this itinerary, hike suggestions, lodging, food or winery recommendations (we prefer reds, pinot noir is great).
Thanks in advance.
Portland Oregon & Hood River/Columbia Gorge - ideas
- 1 Watch The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Movie Online Free
- 2 Watch Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas Movie Full Streaming Online Free
- 3 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 4 Question about Boulder area
- 5 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 6 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 9 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 10 Pix from Paradise (Kauai)
- 11 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 12 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 13 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 14 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 15 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 16 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 17 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 18 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 19 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 20 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 21 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 22 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 23 Biloxi questions again
- 24 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 25 Madison Square Garden