We will be spending a couple of nights in Grants Pass, Oregon this July. We will have about six nights to work with total (including the 2 nights and 3 days in Grants Pass).
I'd be interested in knowing some of the things we can stop at overnight from Portland, OR to Grants Pass and back. What would be a good route, places to stay for a night, etc.? It's likely that this will be our only trip to the Pacific NorthWest, but I don't need to cram everything in. Just want to have a good family experience with teens.
Our other option would be to fly into San Francisco, but I suspect we will do that sort of trip on its own one year, so the Oregon seems like a good option for us. But I'd be willing to hear thoughts if someone felt strongly about it.
If you have any advice, I would be very grateful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 2 Uber boston
- 3 What is there to do on MAUI
- 4 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 5 Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- 6 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 7 Any Sanibel experts?
- 8 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 9 Hawaii Help
- 10 Summer in Michigan
- 11 Naples/ Fort Myers
- 12 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104909
- 13 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 14 NYC 30th birhday ideas
- 15 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 16 Rafting the Colorado
- 17 10-14 daycar fr. Monterey, CA to Jackson WY. Help - towns / Nat'l Parks
- 18 Glacier National Park
- 19 5 nights stay RMNP
- 20 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 21 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 22 West Virginia/Virginia during Thanksgiving (8 days)
- 23 Traveling in winter
- 24 a short trip to san francisco
- 25 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!