We will be spending a couple of nights in Grants Pass, Oregon this July. We will have about six nights to work with total (including the 2 nights and 3 days in Grants Pass).
I'd be interested in knowing some of the things we can stop at overnight from Portland, OR to Grants Pass and back. What would be a good route, places to stay for a night, etc.? It's likely that this will be our only trip to the Pacific NorthWest, but I don't need to cram everything in. Just want to have a good family experience with teens.
Our other option would be to fly into San Francisco, but I suspect we will do that sort of trip on its own one year, so the Oregon seems like a good option for us. But I'd be willing to hear thoughts if someone felt strongly about it.
If you have any advice, I would be very grateful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 2 Road trip
- 3 9 days in Olympic NP and Seattle area
- 4 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 5 What's your favorite "after theatre" place to eat in NYC??
- 6 Driving from Providence to Ohio in an '82 Volvo with a cat, but...
- 7 Getting married to a French man
- 8 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 9 3-week one-way cross country trip in June
- 10 Florida beach recommendation, please
- 11 Cable Cars/Trolleys
- 12 Maine-Portland/Bar Harbor/Moosehead Lake
- 13 Staying outside DC
- 14 Phantom Ranch and....
- 15 Where to stay in Carmel area?
- 16 Where to visit
- 17 A Few Days in Asheville
- 18 10 Day California Trip - Itinirary Help
- 19 Miami to Ft Lauderdale
- 20 Great OR beach house locations?
- 21 Lower Manhattan Late Night Eats
- 22 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 23 New York in December
- 24 Need a "Suites" hotel in Midtown Manhattan
- 25 yosemite -grand canyon- bryce and zion