We will be spending a couple of nights in Grants Pass, Oregon this July. We will have about six nights to work with total (including the 2 nights and 3 days in Grants Pass).
I'd be interested in knowing some of the things we can stop at overnight from Portland, OR to Grants Pass and back. What would be a good route, places to stay for a night, etc.? It's likely that this will be our only trip to the Pacific NorthWest, but I don't need to cram everything in. Just want to have a good family experience with teens.
Our other option would be to fly into San Francisco, but I suspect we will do that sort of trip on its own one year, so the Oregon seems like a good option for us. But I'd be willing to hear thoughts if someone felt strongly about it.
If you have any advice, I would be very grateful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida Beach Hotel
- 2 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 3 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 4 Washington DC with kids
- 5 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 6 My road trip through southern US.
- 7 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 8 Late night eating in Kauai
- 9 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 10 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 11 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 12 Florida Nature Trip
- 13 help from a true New Yorker.
- 14 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 15 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 16 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 17 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 18 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 19 Safety Concerns
- 20 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 21 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 22 Alaska independent tour for group
- 23 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 24 5 days in Colorado
- 25 Trip to northern California