We will be spending a couple of nights in Grants Pass, Oregon this July. We will have about six nights to work with total (including the 2 nights and 3 days in Grants Pass).
I'd be interested in knowing some of the things we can stop at overnight from Portland, OR to Grants Pass and back. What would be a good route, places to stay for a night, etc.? It's likely that this will be our only trip to the Pacific NorthWest, but I don't need to cram everything in. Just want to have a good family experience with teens.
Our other option would be to fly into San Francisco, but I suspect we will do that sort of trip on its own one year, so the Oregon seems like a good option for us. But I'd be willing to hear thoughts if someone felt strongly about it.
If you have any advice, I would be very grateful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 2 2 1/2 days in Mesa Verde, Santa Fe, Taos
- 3 Yellowstone - places to stay
- 4 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 5 From Newark to Manhattan
- 6 Entrance Time for Bryce, Arches, Canyonlands NPs?
- 7 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 8 Acadia National Park
- 9 Palm Springs, CA trip advice
- 10 Monument Valley
- 11 A few reviews from our Santa Monica/Disneyland trip
- 12 Commuting to New Jersey from Manhattan
- 13 driving RT 66
- 14 once in a lifetime
- 15 North California/South Oregon
- 16 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 17 Hotels Houston
- 18 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 19 Birthday vacation ideas
- 20 Another Outstanding Los Angeles Restaurant: Officine BRERA
- 21 Mackinac Island--which is worse-too long or too short?
- 22 Long Weekend in Denver
- 23 Carrie's apartment in NY
- 24 Big Island: Mauna Kea with kids?
- 25 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?