We will be spending a couple of nights in Grants Pass, Oregon this July. We will have about six nights to work with total (including the 2 nights and 3 days in Grants Pass).
I'd be interested in knowing some of the things we can stop at overnight from Portland, OR to Grants Pass and back. What would be a good route, places to stay for a night, etc.? It's likely that this will be our only trip to the Pacific NorthWest, but I don't need to cram everything in. Just want to have a good family experience with teens.
Our other option would be to fly into San Francisco, but I suspect we will do that sort of trip on its own one year, so the Oregon seems like a good option for us. But I'd be willing to hear thoughts if someone felt strongly about it.
If you have any advice, I would be very grateful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Traveling Alone
- 2 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 3 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 4 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 5 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 6 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 7 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 8 Arizona in late January
- 9 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 10 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 11 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 12 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 13 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 14 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 15 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 16 Las Vegas Vacation
- 17 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 18 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 19 Fall Foliage Peak 2016 NW Arkansas?
- 20 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 21 Glacier National Park
- 22 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 23 Vegas with toddler twins
- 24 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 25 New Mexico in May