We will be spending a couple of nights in Grants Pass, Oregon this July. We will have about six nights to work with total (including the 2 nights and 3 days in Grants Pass).
I'd be interested in knowing some of the things we can stop at overnight from Portland, OR to Grants Pass and back. What would be a good route, places to stay for a night, etc.? It's likely that this will be our only trip to the Pacific NorthWest, but I don't need to cram everything in. Just want to have a good family experience with teens.
Our other option would be to fly into San Francisco, but I suspect we will do that sort of trip on its own one year, so the Oregon seems like a good option for us. But I'd be willing to hear thoughts if someone felt strongly about it.
If you have any advice, I would be very grateful.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 2 Help with driving East to West
- 3 Washington and Seattle Itinerary
- 4 Texas Hill Country in Autumn
- 5 2nd attempt - Road trip to Utah in Dec 2015
- 6 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 7 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 8 Visiting Mount Washington - interesting stops along I-91?
- 9 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 10 Yellowstone/Grand Teton,feeric but turists and Xanterra need improvement
- 11 Source of Legionnaire's Disease in NYC Confirmed
- 12 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 13 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 14 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 15 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 16 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 17 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 18 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 19 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 20 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 21 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 22 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 23 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 24 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 25 Trail Ridge Road info please