We are planning a trip for the last week of August to Maine. We can fly into either Portland or Bangor and rent a car. We have a 22 month old daughter who sleeps in a crib so I'm thinking we should avoid hotels and rent something with 2 Bedrooms since she sleeps much earlier than we do. I LOVE lobster so that is why I am leaning towards this area of the US and it's a short flight for us. Do you think Portland or Acadia/Bar Harbor or any areas in between would be best for us to rent a small house/cottage and have activities to do with our 2-year old in addition to hitting all the Lobster Pounds I possibly can while there! Also, my husband likes to eat out so we need an area that has lots of restaurant options - that's why I am considering Portland, but that doesn't seem to be an area with rentals and I'm not convinced it will be toddler friendly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Portland or Acadia/Bar Harbor Area with Toddler in Late August
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 From Seattle airport to the city
- 2 General Utah planning questions
- 3 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 4 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 5 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 6 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 7 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 8 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 9 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 10 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 11 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 12 Dining in Manhattan
- 13 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 14 New York City Christmas Trip
- 15 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 16 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February
- 17 Washington - North cascades trails (Goat Lake and others) okay in winter?
- 18 Colorado Skiing
- 19 American Honeymoon in March
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 Craft Beer & Delicious Food in Vegas
- 22 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 23 golf and fishing recommendations in Tampa area
- 24 Recomendations for outlets in miami and hotels in orlando
- 25 Northern West Coast Road Trip