We are planning a trip for the last week of August to Maine. We can fly into either Portland or Bangor and rent a car. We have a 22 month old daughter who sleeps in a crib so I'm thinking we should avoid hotels and rent something with 2 Bedrooms since she sleeps much earlier than we do. I LOVE lobster so that is why I am leaning towards this area of the US and it's a short flight for us. Do you think Portland or Acadia/Bar Harbor or any areas in between would be best for us to rent a small house/cottage and have activities to do with our 2-year old in addition to hitting all the Lobster Pounds I possibly can while there! Also, my husband likes to eat out so we need an area that has lots of restaurant options - that's why I am considering Portland, but that doesn't seem to be an area with rentals and I'm not convinced it will be toddler friendly. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Portland or Acadia/Bar Harbor Area with Toddler in Late August
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 2 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 3 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 4 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 5 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 6 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 7 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 8 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 9 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 10 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 11 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 12 Best Destination in USA
- 13 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 14 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 15 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 16 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 17 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 18 x mas
- 19 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 20 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 21 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 22 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 23 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 24 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 25 Choosing best Seats Radio City