I'm heading to Portland the last weekend of April, arriving at 10:30 am Friday and departing at 8:30 pm Sunday. I have a lot planned for such a short time, but am wondering if people can review my itinerary to help fill in some gaps or suggest alternatives.
Arrive 10:30 am, take MAX to Courtyard Portland City Center
Lunch and quick shopping near Pioneer Place
Pioneer Square/Portlandia/Portland Building
Pop into Library and City Hall if open (are these worth it? open so late?)
Wine-tasting at Oregon Wines on Broadway
Portland Art Museum until done (closes at 8)
Dinner at Carafe
Long walk or short cab back to hotel
Walk to Lan Su Chinese Garden
Portland Saturday Market and early lunch
Walk South Waterfront area [is this kind of like Seattle's Belltown near water with condos?]
[is there a short waterish cruise I can take at this point?]
Shop some of Pearl District [where?] and Jameson Square
Happy Hour at Jake’s and drink at gay bar Scandals
7:30 play at Artists Rep
Another drink at Scandals or another gay bar or just head home ...
International Rose Garden/Japanese Garden [how to get there]
[what to do with early afternoon time? Or maybe above on Sunday will take a lot of time?]
[early dinner]? Or just eat at PDX?
Catch MAX from hotel around 5:30 or 6 for 8:30 flight.
So a couple of questions: anything major I'm missing; is Scandals a good gay bar option; is there a way to take a water cruise like Seattle's ferry to Bainbridge (a highlight of that trip for me}; what about a building tower to get a great view like the Smith Tower in Seattle?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://findmp3songs.com/videos/brian-angel-ya-see-song-download/
- 2 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 3 Lunch in Central Park
- 4 place to eat and Grocery btn Salt lake city and Zion Canyon?
- 5 My travels to Monument Valley
- 6 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 7 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 8 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 9 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 10 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 11 Las Vegas trip report
- 12 Oregon Coast road trip
- 13 Portland,Oregon- hotels and good food
- 14 11 day PNW coast-Olympic-Portland-Glacier
- 15 Miami for 2 days
- 16 Living in Tampa /West Palm
- 17 How much cash do you travel with?
- 18 Food Festival Tour
- 19 Boston area hotels
- 20 ALASKA TWO WEEK TRIP Cruise/Land
- 21 Asheville to Atlanta 5 nights in between...need advice for the coast
- 22 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 23 California Coast Highway 1 from SF to LA Closed?
- 24 Seattle weather: not a troll
- 25 seattle apartment