I'm heading to Portland the last weekend of April, arriving at 10:30 am Friday and departing at 8:30 pm Sunday. I have a lot planned for such a short time, but am wondering if people can review my itinerary to help fill in some gaps or suggest alternatives.
Arrive 10:30 am, take MAX to Courtyard Portland City Center
Lunch and quick shopping near Pioneer Place
Pioneer Square/Portlandia/Portland Building
Pop into Library and City Hall if open (are these worth it? open so late?)
Wine-tasting at Oregon Wines on Broadway
Portland Art Museum until done (closes at 8)
Dinner at Carafe
Long walk or short cab back to hotel
Walk to Lan Su Chinese Garden
Portland Saturday Market and early lunch
Walk South Waterfront area [is this kind of like Seattle's Belltown near water with condos?]
[is there a short waterish cruise I can take at this point?]
Shop some of Pearl District [where?] and Jameson Square
Happy Hour at Jake’s and drink at gay bar Scandals
7:30 play at Artists Rep
Another drink at Scandals or another gay bar or just head home ...
International Rose Garden/Japanese Garden [how to get there]
[what to do with early afternoon time? Or maybe above on Sunday will take a lot of time?]
[early dinner]? Or just eat at PDX?
Catch MAX from hotel around 5:30 or 6 for 8:30 flight.
So a couple of questions: anything major I'm missing; is Scandals a good gay bar option; is there a way to take a water cruise like Seattle's ferry to Bainbridge (a highlight of that trip for me}; what about a building tower to get a great view like the Smith Tower in Seattle?
Portland itinerary review
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brooklyn why?
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 WISCONSIN
- 4 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 5 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 6 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 7 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 8 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 9 New York City Restaurants
- 10 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 11 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 12 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 13 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 14 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 15 Dining in D.C.
- 16 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 17 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 18 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 19 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 20 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 21 Colorado in the summer!
- 22 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 23 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 24 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 25 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?