I'm heading to Portland the last weekend of April, arriving at 10:30 am Friday and departing at 8:30 pm Sunday. I have a lot planned for such a short time, but am wondering if people can review my itinerary to help fill in some gaps or suggest alternatives.
Arrive 10:30 am, take MAX to Courtyard Portland City Center
Lunch and quick shopping near Pioneer Place
Pioneer Square/Portlandia/Portland Building
Pop into Library and City Hall if open (are these worth it? open so late?)
Wine-tasting at Oregon Wines on Broadway
Portland Art Museum until done (closes at 8)
Dinner at Carafe
Long walk or short cab back to hotel
Walk to Lan Su Chinese Garden
Portland Saturday Market and early lunch
Walk South Waterfront area [is this kind of like Seattle's Belltown near water with condos?]
[is there a short waterish cruise I can take at this point?]
Shop some of Pearl District [where?] and Jameson Square
Happy Hour at Jake’s and drink at gay bar Scandals
7:30 play at Artists Rep
Another drink at Scandals or another gay bar or just head home ...
International Rose Garden/Japanese Garden [how to get there]
[what to do with early afternoon time? Or maybe above on Sunday will take a lot of time?]
[early dinner]? Or just eat at PDX?
Catch MAX from hotel around 5:30 or 6 for 8:30 flight.
So a couple of questions: anything major I'm missing; is Scandals a good gay bar option; is there a way to take a water cruise like Seattle's ferry to Bainbridge (a highlight of that trip for me}; what about a building tower to get a great view like the Smith Tower in Seattle?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii and...where?
- 2 Marfa/Big Bend
- 3 Stop toying with us Paradox
- 4 usa roadtrip
- 5 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 6 he Fourth Crusade in a nutshell
- 7 DC Restaurants
- 8 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 9 Retired by Park Pyeongjun
- 10 A visibility vest for chickens
- 11 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 12 Christmas in Colorado
- 13 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 14 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 15 JFK to Washington
- 16 Phoenix for the weekend
- 17 Stellarossa: You Should Know Better
- 18 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 19 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?
- 20 Pfeiffer Canyon Bridge in Big Sur to reopen at 5pm Friday October 13th
- 21 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 22 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 23 TR Animal Kingdom Florida - WDW
- 24 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 25 Los Angeles for Christmas