I'm heading to Portland the last weekend of April, arriving at 10:30 am Friday and departing at 8:30 pm Sunday. I have a lot planned for such a short time, but am wondering if people can review my itinerary to help fill in some gaps or suggest alternatives.
Arrive 10:30 am, take MAX to Courtyard Portland City Center
Lunch and quick shopping near Pioneer Place
Pioneer Square/Portlandia/Portland Building
Pop into Library and City Hall if open (are these worth it? open so late?)
Wine-tasting at Oregon Wines on Broadway
Portland Art Museum until done (closes at 8)
Dinner at Carafe
Long walk or short cab back to hotel
Walk to Lan Su Chinese Garden
Portland Saturday Market and early lunch
Walk South Waterfront area [is this kind of like Seattle's Belltown near water with condos?]
[is there a short waterish cruise I can take at this point?]
Shop some of Pearl District [where?] and Jameson Square
Happy Hour at Jake’s and drink at gay bar Scandals
7:30 play at Artists Rep
Another drink at Scandals or another gay bar or just head home ...
International Rose Garden/Japanese Garden [how to get there]
[what to do with early afternoon time? Or maybe above on Sunday will take a lot of time?]
[early dinner]? Or just eat at PDX?
Catch MAX from hotel around 5:30 or 6 for 8:30 flight.
So a couple of questions: anything major I'm missing; is Scandals a good gay bar option; is there a way to take a water cruise like Seattle's ferry to Bainbridge (a highlight of that trip for me}; what about a building tower to get a great view like the Smith Tower in Seattle?
Portland itinerary review
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Weekend in Indianapolis, any pretty drives you can suggest?
- 2 East Coast in December
- 3 Grapefruit, lemon, orange, tangerine, lime
- 4 N California trip questions
- 5 Halloween in California on Hwy 1
- 6 Need to claim baggage in Canada when flying from BOS to CPH via YYZ?
- 7 Salem public transportation- how early or late??
- 8 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 9 Monterey and Napa
- 10 New York City with 3 teens!! Need help!!!
- 11 Nantucket, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and/or Boston Honeymoon
- 12 Rittenhouse restaurants?
- 13 New England in the fall
- 14 Scenic Route from Washington, DC to NC Outer Banks
- 15 Need Bryce Canyon Advice
- 16 National Forrest Service - Photography Restrictions
- 17 Looking for Next Destination
- 18 Worst Restaurants in America
- 19 Boston: Hamersly's closing
- 20 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 21 Fall color yet?
- 22 Megabus, Tripper, or Boltbus from Wash DC to NYC. Which one is better?
- 23 Yosemite Lodging
- 24 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 25 Steakhouse Suggestion in Boston Please