I'm heading to Portland the last weekend of April, arriving at 10:30 am Friday and departing at 8:30 pm Sunday. I have a lot planned for such a short time, but am wondering if people can review my itinerary to help fill in some gaps or suggest alternatives.
Arrive 10:30 am, take MAX to Courtyard Portland City Center
Lunch and quick shopping near Pioneer Place
Pioneer Square/Portlandia/Portland Building
Pop into Library and City Hall if open (are these worth it? open so late?)
Wine-tasting at Oregon Wines on Broadway
Portland Art Museum until done (closes at 8)
Dinner at Carafe
Long walk or short cab back to hotel
Walk to Lan Su Chinese Garden
Portland Saturday Market and early lunch
Walk South Waterfront area [is this kind of like Seattle's Belltown near water with condos?]
[is there a short waterish cruise I can take at this point?]
Shop some of Pearl District [where?] and Jameson Square
Happy Hour at Jake’s and drink at gay bar Scandals
7:30 play at Artists Rep
Another drink at Scandals or another gay bar or just head home ...
International Rose Garden/Japanese Garden [how to get there]
[what to do with early afternoon time? Or maybe above on Sunday will take a lot of time?]
[early dinner]? Or just eat at PDX?
Catch MAX from hotel around 5:30 or 6 for 8:30 flight.
So a couple of questions: anything major I'm missing; is Scandals a good gay bar option; is there a way to take a water cruise like Seattle's ferry to Bainbridge (a highlight of that trip for me}; what about a building tower to get a great view like the Smith Tower in Seattle?
Portland itinerary review
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 2 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 5 NYC theatre broadway
- 6 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 9 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 10 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 11 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 12 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 13 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 14 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 15 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Visiting Denver
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 20 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 21 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 22 Denver in a half day
- 23 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 24 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 25 Oahu ideas