Hi all --
My family and I will be traveling in Oregon at the end of July. The "gondola" ride to the top of Mount Bachelor has been recommended by some on this forum (and we love gondola rides to get views from mountaintops!), but I did a bit of looking and it appears that the "gondola" is actually more of a "chairlift". Is this true? Unfortunately, chairlifts are one of my fears (I'm not actually afraid of heights, except in the cases of chairlifts and ferris wheels ).
Anyways, I saw in our guidebook that Portland has an aerial tram (taking you up to a hospital and back or something odd), but it sounds like it might be a nice thing to do. Any opinions? Are the views worth the time/effort/cost? Or are there any other nice gondola rides in the state that are actually "gondola rides"?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Border crossing
- 2 Cross country tips
- 3 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 4 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 5 Driving Alaska
- 6 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 7 Parka in PA during February?
- 8 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 9 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 10 Back from the Big Easy
- 11 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 12 Rental cars at Tampa cruiseport 3
- 13 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 14 CEO Dollar Rental Car
- 15 Ideas for New York
- 16 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 17 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 18 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 19 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 20 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 21 IAH to HOU Questions
- 22 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 23 Jazzfest side trips
- 24 March in New Mexico
- 25 No Spam this morning!!
Hi all --