Hi all --
My family and I will be traveling in Oregon at the end of July. The "gondola" ride to the top of Mount Bachelor has been recommended by some on this forum (and we love gondola rides to get views from mountaintops!), but I did a bit of looking and it appears that the "gondola" is actually more of a "chairlift". Is this true? Unfortunately, chairlifts are one of my fears (I'm not actually afraid of heights, except in the cases of chairlifts and ferris wheels ).
Anyways, I saw in our guidebook that Portland has an aerial tram (taking you up to a hospital and back or something odd), but it sounds like it might be a nice thing to do. Any opinions? Are the views worth the time/effort/cost? Or are there any other nice gondola rides in the state that are actually "gondola rides"?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 2 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 3 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 4 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 5 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 6 Wine Bars in Hollywood / Fort Lauderdale
- 7 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 8 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 9 Page, AZ area
- 10 Yellowstone
- 11 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 12 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 13 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 14 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 15 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 16 Traveling Alone
- 17 Northern California Redwoods
- 18 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 19 Redwoods National Park
- 20 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 21 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 22 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 23 New Mexico in May
- 24 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 25 New Years Eve in NYC
Hi all --