Hi all --
My family and I will be traveling in Oregon at the end of July. The "gondola" ride to the top of Mount Bachelor has been recommended by some on this forum (and we love gondola rides to get views from mountaintops!), but I did a bit of looking and it appears that the "gondola" is actually more of a "chairlift". Is this true? Unfortunately, chairlifts are one of my fears (I'm not actually afraid of heights, except in the cases of chairlifts and ferris wheels ).
Anyways, I saw in our guidebook that Portland has an aerial tram (taking you up to a hospital and back or something odd), but it sounds like it might be a nice thing to do. Any opinions? Are the views worth the time/effort/cost? Or are there any other nice gondola rides in the state that are actually "gondola rides"?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 prepaid broadband for ipad
- 2 Post-Alaska cruise ideas July, 2018
- 3 October New England Honeymoon??
- 4 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 5 Denver to Yellowstone
- 6 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 7 hotel in NYC
- 8 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 9 Hawaii's Rat Lungworm
- 10 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 11 Briefly, in WNY
- 12 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 13 Seattle Airport to Downtown
- 14 Beef on Weck in WNY
- 15 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 16 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 17 accessible shuttes from Nashville airport to Omni Hotel
- 18 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 19 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 20 Zion National Park
- 21 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 22 Luggage Storage at ORD (Hilton)
- 23 What to do in Asheville
- 24 Good restaurant in Topeka, KS
- 25 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
Hi all --