Hi all --
My family and I will be traveling in Oregon at the end of July. The "gondola" ride to the top of Mount Bachelor has been recommended by some on this forum (and we love gondola rides to get views from mountaintops!), but I did a bit of looking and it appears that the "gondola" is actually more of a "chairlift". Is this true? Unfortunately, chairlifts are one of my fears (I'm not actually afraid of heights, except in the cases of chairlifts and ferris wheels ).
Anyways, I saw in our guidebook that Portland has an aerial tram (taking you up to a hospital and back or something odd), but it sounds like it might be a nice thing to do. Any opinions? Are the views worth the time/effort/cost? Or are there any other nice gondola rides in the state that are actually "gondola rides"?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://nitroshredadvice.com/right-pick/
- 2 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 3 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 4 sugestions
- 5 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 6 Boston area hotels
- 7 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 8 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 9 Default Vegas-GC-Antelope-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 10 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 11 Santa Fe Itineray
- 12 Washington to Oregon where I need help
- 13 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 14 Quick road trip
- 15 What to request?
- 16 Santa Barbara Hotels
- 17 How much cash do you travel with?
- 18 Miami for 2 days
- 19 Outlet Mall in New Orleans
- 20 Ideas for month-long CA/WA/OR road trip
- 21 Oregon Coast road trip
- 22 More problems for Big Sur
- 23 Great Falls or Helena?
- 24 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 25 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
Hi all --