Hi all --
My family and I will be traveling in Oregon at the end of July. The "gondola" ride to the top of Mount Bachelor has been recommended by some on this forum (and we love gondola rides to get views from mountaintops!), but I did a bit of looking and it appears that the "gondola" is actually more of a "chairlift". Is this true? Unfortunately, chairlifts are one of my fears (I'm not actually afraid of heights, except in the cases of chairlifts and ferris wheels ).
Anyways, I saw in our guidebook that Portland has an aerial tram (taking you up to a hospital and back or something odd), but it sounds like it might be a nice thing to do. Any opinions? Are the views worth the time/effort/cost? Or are there any other nice gondola rides in the state that are actually "gondola rides"?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HAWAII; HELP!
- 2 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 3 28 Day Road Trip to the Northwest from Chicago
- 4 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 5 San Francisco to San Diego Road Trip with little kids
- 6 Coffee in Boston?
- 7 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 8 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 9 Palm Springs restaurant suggestions.
- 10 Suggestion for Las Vegas to Yosemite in July
- 11 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119141330
- 12 My Colorado trip ?'s (June)
- 13 Change planes in Atlanta
- 14 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 15 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119115046
- 16 Any Estero Island/Ft Myers experts?
- 17 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20161230120556
- 18 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119111907
- 19 Florida beach vacation
- 20 Trip to USA in July
- 21 Beaches in Incline Village
- 22 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170119110010
- 23 San Diego to Oregon road trip itinerary
- 24 Key West luxury hotels
- 25 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
Hi all --