Hi all --
My family and I will be traveling in Oregon at the end of July. The "gondola" ride to the top of Mount Bachelor has been recommended by some on this forum (and we love gondola rides to get views from mountaintops!), but I did a bit of looking and it appears that the "gondola" is actually more of a "chairlift". Is this true? Unfortunately, chairlifts are one of my fears (I'm not actually afraid of heights, except in the cases of chairlifts and ferris wheels ).
Anyways, I saw in our guidebook that Portland has an aerial tram (taking you up to a hospital and back or something odd), but it sounds like it might be a nice thing to do. Any opinions? Are the views worth the time/effort/cost? Or are there any other nice gondola rides in the state that are actually "gondola rides"?
Portland Aerial Tram (and other gondola rides)
Hi all --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Maine in latter half of September
- 2 Cape cod and Acadia
- 3 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 4 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 5 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 6 Grand Marais?
- 7 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 8 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 9 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 10 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 11 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 12 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 13 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 14 Grand Teton in October
- 15 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 16 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 17 adams morgan - safety
- 18 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 19 Minneapolis-Where to stay?
- 20 Morning in miami
- 21 Las Vegas must sees
- 22 Hotel Recommendations For Rapid City, SD?
- 23 Setting Up Business with Airbnb?
- 24 Florida - Bradenton or Fort Lauderdale
- 25 National Park itinerary- Utah, Wyoming