Hi all --
My family and I will be traveling in Oregon at the end of July. The "gondola" ride to the top of Mount Bachelor has been recommended by some on this forum (and we love gondola rides to get views from mountaintops!), but I did a bit of looking and it appears that the "gondola" is actually more of a "chairlift". Is this true? Unfortunately, chairlifts are one of my fears (I'm not actually afraid of heights, except in the cases of chairlifts and ferris wheels ).
Anyways, I saw in our guidebook that Portland has an aerial tram (taking you up to a hospital and back or something odd), but it sounds like it might be a nice thing to do. Any opinions? Are the views worth the time/effort/cost? Or are there any other nice gondola rides in the state that are actually "gondola rides"?
Portland Aerial Tram (and other gondola rides)
Hi all --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dining in D.C.
- 2 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 3 San Fransisco to LA
- 4 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 5 Jersey City Parking
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 9 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 10 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 13 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 14 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 15 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah
- 16 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 17 Washington DC Metro
- 18 Kennebunkport and....?
- 19 Grand Staircase Esclante National Monument
- 20 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 21 Where to go in Maine?
- 22 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 23 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 24 Wedding in Hawaii
- 25 Houseboat on Lake Powell