Hi all --
My family and I will be traveling in Oregon at the end of July. The "gondola" ride to the top of Mount Bachelor has been recommended by some on this forum (and we love gondola rides to get views from mountaintops!), but I did a bit of looking and it appears that the "gondola" is actually more of a "chairlift". Is this true? Unfortunately, chairlifts are one of my fears (I'm not actually afraid of heights, except in the cases of chairlifts and ferris wheels ).
Anyways, I saw in our guidebook that Portland has an aerial tram (taking you up to a hospital and back or something odd), but it sounds like it might be a nice thing to do. Any opinions? Are the views worth the time/effort/cost? Or are there any other nice gondola rides in the state that are actually "gondola rides"?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Kauai helicopter flight
- 2 http://skincaresfreetrial.com/skin-complex-rx/
- 3 Vacation Apartment Rentals
- 4 Birthday vacation ideas
- 5 Colorado Hiking in September
- 6 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 7 Looking for REPUTABLE travel insurance in US
- 8 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 9 Vanagon Road trip Denver to SF
- 10 Traveling with an infant
- 11 How to get from the Frick Collection to Brooklyn Academy of Music
- 12 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 13 Seeking Advice/Itineraries
- 14 Key West, FL
- 15 New York City to New Orleans Itinerary
- 16 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 17 2017 Yellowstone or bust
- 18 Mini Honeymoon in Philadelphia
- 19 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 20 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 21 Ybor City - Best accommodation??
- 22 Nightine Transport! Best Hotel?
- 23 driving RT 66
- 24 From Newark to Manhattan
- 25 Carrie's apartment in NY
Hi all --