Hi all --
My family and I will be traveling in Oregon at the end of July. The "gondola" ride to the top of Mount Bachelor has been recommended by some on this forum (and we love gondola rides to get views from mountaintops!), but I did a bit of looking and it appears that the "gondola" is actually more of a "chairlift". Is this true? Unfortunately, chairlifts are one of my fears (I'm not actually afraid of heights, except in the cases of chairlifts and ferris wheels ).
Anyways, I saw in our guidebook that Portland has an aerial tram (taking you up to a hospital and back or something odd), but it sounds like it might be a nice thing to do. Any opinions? Are the views worth the time/effort/cost? Or are there any other nice gondola rides in the state that are actually "gondola rides"?
Portland Aerial Tram (and other gondola rides)
Hi all --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas hotels for families
- 2 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 3 San Francisco - mid October
- 4 3 star hotels in manhattan
- 5 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 8 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 9 Boulder Hotels. Want nice !! Near U of C
- 10 Jersey Boys Show ? Las Vegas
- 11 best area to stay in san diego
- 12 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 13 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 14 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 15 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 17 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 18 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 19 Denver 1 day in denver
- 20 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 21 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 22 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 23 Burlington VT day trip
- 24 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 25 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)