Hi all --
My family and I will be traveling in Oregon at the end of July. The "gondola" ride to the top of Mount Bachelor has been recommended by some on this forum (and we love gondola rides to get views from mountaintops!), but I did a bit of looking and it appears that the "gondola" is actually more of a "chairlift". Is this true? Unfortunately, chairlifts are one of my fears (I'm not actually afraid of heights, except in the cases of chairlifts and ferris wheels ).
Anyways, I saw in our guidebook that Portland has an aerial tram (taking you up to a hospital and back or something odd), but it sounds like it might be a nice thing to do. Any opinions? Are the views worth the time/effort/cost? Or are there any other nice gondola rides in the state that are actually "gondola rides"?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Sperry chalet destroyed by fire
- 2 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 3 VTL Male Enhancement–Fast Acting Blood Flow Booster
- 4 Maui and Kauai
- 5 Hello
- 6 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 7 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 8 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 9 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 10 Hotel advise Chicago
- 11 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 12 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 13 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 14 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 15 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 16 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 17 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 18 Trip to Cali
- 19 NYC Hotel Decision
- 20 NFL tickets
- 21 Grand Canyon Rim to Rim
- 22 JFK to Manhattan via AirTrain/LIRR
- 23 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 24 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 25 San Diego with teens in Februsry
Hi all --