Hi all --
My family and I will be traveling in Oregon at the end of July. The "gondola" ride to the top of Mount Bachelor has been recommended by some on this forum (and we love gondola rides to get views from mountaintops!), but I did a bit of looking and it appears that the "gondola" is actually more of a "chairlift". Is this true? Unfortunately, chairlifts are one of my fears (I'm not actually afraid of heights, except in the cases of chairlifts and ferris wheels ).
Anyways, I saw in our guidebook that Portland has an aerial tram (taking you up to a hospital and back or something odd), but it sounds like it might be a nice thing to do. Any opinions? Are the views worth the time/effort/cost? Or are there any other nice gondola rides in the state that are actually "gondola rides"?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 2 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 3 US whole month of January where to
- 4 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 5 I95 or I81 to Florida from NJ on Memorial Day Weekend Friday?
- 6 Miami airport--safety??
- 7 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 8 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 9 Recent Spam Attacks
- 10 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 11 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 12 San Fran & Monterey Bay with Tweens
- 13 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 14 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 15 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 16 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 17 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 18 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 19 Baltimore Weekend
- 20 Dinosaur National Monument
- 21 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 22 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 23 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 24 Things to do in Toronto
- 25 Antelope Canyon visit in August - best time
Hi all --