Hi all --
My family and I will be traveling in Oregon at the end of July. The "gondola" ride to the top of Mount Bachelor has been recommended by some on this forum (and we love gondola rides to get views from mountaintops!), but I did a bit of looking and it appears that the "gondola" is actually more of a "chairlift". Is this true? Unfortunately, chairlifts are one of my fears (I'm not actually afraid of heights, except in the cases of chairlifts and ferris wheels ).
Anyways, I saw in our guidebook that Portland has an aerial tram (taking you up to a hospital and back or something odd), but it sounds like it might be a nice thing to do. Any opinions? Are the views worth the time/effort/cost? Or are there any other nice gondola rides in the state that are actually "gondola rides"?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 2 http://www.tenedonlineshop.com/pure-colon-detox/
- 3 Bodega Bay with young kids
- 4 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 5 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 6 Los Angeles, California - Hiking
- 7 Grand American Road Trip!
- 8 Rules of the Subway
- 9 Visiting Seattle and Vancouver, BC in August, 2016
- 10 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 11 Mini Trip Report: Vegas in June-- HOT HOT HOT
- 12 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 13 Mystic CT
- 14 Alabama trip in Dec
- 15 Las vegas +21
- 16 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 17 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 18 Santa Cruz and down the coast.
- 19 Your favourite places in New York City
- 20 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 21 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 22 Itinerary Help Bryce and Zion
- 23 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 24 Orlando - condoleances
- 25 Coco Palms on Kauai
Hi all --