Hi all --
My family and I will be traveling in Oregon at the end of July. The "gondola" ride to the top of Mount Bachelor has been recommended by some on this forum (and we love gondola rides to get views from mountaintops!), but I did a bit of looking and it appears that the "gondola" is actually more of a "chairlift". Is this true? Unfortunately, chairlifts are one of my fears (I'm not actually afraid of heights, except in the cases of chairlifts and ferris wheels ).
Anyways, I saw in our guidebook that Portland has an aerial tram (taking you up to a hospital and back or something odd), but it sounds like it might be a nice thing to do. Any opinions? Are the views worth the time/effort/cost? Or are there any other nice gondola rides in the state that are actually "gondola rides"?
Portland Aerial Tram (and other gondola rides)
Hi all --
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 2 Calf trip
- 3 New Orleans Trip Report - Dec. 2014
- 4 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 5 Tipping advice
- 6 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 7 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 8 House sitter
- 9 Key West Hotel in January
- 10 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 11 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 12 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 13 4 week family trip ideas
- 14 x mas
- 15 Trip to Niagara Falls
- 16 Florida in between stop 2 days after Key Largo towards St.pete
- 17 Help me plan a trip to Nashville and Memphis.
- 18 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 19 ny ers now living in nc taking their kids to nyc for first time
- 20 Uber and Airbnb-Insurance and Credentials
- 21 Marriott Marquis San Francisco
- 22 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 23 Stopover in MIAMI
- 24 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 25 San Francisco Advice needed