I’m preparing for a 2-week trip to northeast USA, late May, while doing some (desperate?) efforts to keep the budget low (in this expensive country…) due to recent financial restrictions.
Could you please advise me about how to choose and combine some interesting sights with low budgets?
My initial thought is to stay within the corridor Boston – New York - Philadelphia - Baltimore – Washington, sleeping at hostels and moving with public buses..
Main interests are cityscape, street life, nature... (but no shopping, drinking)
Do you think the areas above make a good choice for that reason?
Also, could you suggest possibilities for hiking in nature around there (seaside/ mountain) accessible by public transport?
Any other tips for good sightseeing at earthly costs, will be a big big help, totally welcome!
Looking forward to hearing your tips guys, happy travels!
Please, some tips for N.Y. and northeast, 2 weeks, low budget(…) trip?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Overnight stops from NJ to Florida?
- 2 Pearl Harbour Visit Hawaii
- 3 California
- 4 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 5 What time is it?
- 6 Oahu
- 7 Disney World Florida moderate hotel ?
- 8 Newport Restaurants
- 9 Cajun Country, first visit, late December, please help
- 10 Door County with a Dog - trip in progress
- 11 getting around DC
- 12 Driving From NE Tennessee to NYC -- Where to Stop?
- 13 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 14 Family trip to New Orleans . . . Suggestions???
- 15 Sights and Restaurants in Brooklyn
- 16 Can you see Oak Alley Plantation from the road?
- 17 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 18 East Coast Road Trip In Late January
- 19 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 20 Activities in Maui and Kauai.....Please Help!
- 21 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 22 San Antonio GTG 21 September 2014
- 23 Vermont trip report - photos and captions
- 24 Oregon Scenic Road Trip from Crater Lake to Portland, Oregon
- 25 Going to Grand Canyon North Rim 2 days, then Bryce (or Zion)