I’m preparing for a 2-week trip to northeast USA, late May, while doing some (desperate?) efforts to keep the budget low (in this expensive country…) due to recent financial restrictions.
Could you please advise me about how to choose and combine some interesting sights with low budgets?
My initial thought is to stay within the corridor Boston – New York - Philadelphia - Baltimore – Washington, sleeping at hostels and moving with public buses..
Main interests are cityscape, street life, nature... (but no shopping, drinking)
Do you think the areas above make a good choice for that reason?
Also, could you suggest possibilities for hiking in nature around there (seaside/ mountain) accessible by public transport?
Any other tips for good sightseeing at earthly costs, will be a big big help, totally welcome!
Looking forward to hearing your tips guys, happy travels!
Please, some tips for N.Y. and northeast, 2 weeks, low budget(…) trip?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 2 Things to do in La Jolla
- 3 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 4 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 5 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,
- 6 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 7 Minneapolis Parking
- 8 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 9 Hiking in Georgia - beautiful photos
- 10 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 11 Romantic destination in the US
- 12 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 13 which St. Louis neighborhood to base in, given these destinations?
- 14 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 15 family road trip
- 16 Alaska Trip Planning
- 17 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 18 NC or SC Beach Escape
- 19 Kid School Admission
- 20 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 21 Recommended Private Shuttle Service From JFK Airport to Long Island City
- 22 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 23 New York City-New Things?
- 24 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 25 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA