I’m preparing for a 2-week trip to northeast USA, late May, while doing some (desperate?) efforts to keep the budget low (in this expensive country…) due to recent financial restrictions.
Could you please advise me about how to choose and combine some interesting sights with low budgets?
My initial thought is to stay within the corridor Boston – New York - Philadelphia - Baltimore – Washington, sleeping at hostels and moving with public buses..
Main interests are cityscape, street life, nature... (but no shopping, drinking)
Do you think the areas above make a good choice for that reason?
Also, could you suggest possibilities for hiking in nature around there (seaside/ mountain) accessible by public transport?
Any other tips for good sightseeing at earthly costs, will be a big big help, totally welcome!
Looking forward to hearing your tips guys, happy travels!
Please, some tips for N.Y. and northeast, 2 weeks, low budget(…) trip?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 2 Best way to drive from Newport RI to Salem MA?
- 3 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 4 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 5 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 6 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 7 Hilton Midtown New York
- 8 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 9 Tour companies
- 10 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 11 Round trip from Chicago
- 12 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 13 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 14 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 15 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 16 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 17 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 18 Apartment Rentals DC
- 19 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 20 Sundance Grand Canyon tours
- 21 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 22 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 23 Vegas hotels for families
- 24 Autumn trip in in the Northeast United States
- 25 new york plays