I’m preparing for a 2-week trip to northeast USA, late May, while doing some (desperate?) efforts to keep the budget low (in this expensive country…) due to recent financial restrictions.
Could you please advise me about how to choose and combine some interesting sights with low budgets?
My initial thought is to stay within the corridor Boston – New York - Philadelphia - Baltimore – Washington, sleeping at hostels and moving with public buses..
Main interests are cityscape, street life, nature... (but no shopping, drinking)
Do you think the areas above make a good choice for that reason?
Also, could you suggest possibilities for hiking in nature around there (seaside/ mountain) accessible by public transport?
Any other tips for good sightseeing at earthly costs, will be a big big help, totally welcome!
Looking forward to hearing your tips guys, happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 2 Hawaii wedding
- 3 Driving CA 395
- 4 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 5 Adirondacks trip repot
- 6 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 7 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 8 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 9 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 10 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 11 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 12 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 13 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 14 New England Tour
- 15 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 16 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 17 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 18 Downtown Denver hotel
- 19 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 20 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 21 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 22 San Diego VRBO area
- 23 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 24 Glacier National Park 2018
- 25 Muir Woods in October
Please, some tips for N.Y. and northeast, 2 weeks, low budget(…) trip?