I’m preparing for a 2-week trip to northeast USA, late May, while doing some (desperate?) efforts to keep the budget low (in this expensive country…) due to recent financial restrictions.
Could you please advise me about how to choose and combine some interesting sights with low budgets?
My initial thought is to stay within the corridor Boston – New York - Philadelphia - Baltimore – Washington, sleeping at hostels and moving with public buses..
Main interests are cityscape, street life, nature... (but no shopping, drinking)
Do you think the areas above make a good choice for that reason?
Also, could you suggest possibilities for hiking in nature around there (seaside/ mountain) accessible by public transport?
Any other tips for good sightseeing at earthly costs, will be a big big help, totally welcome!
Looking forward to hearing your tips guys, happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 2 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 3 Lake Tahoe Honeymoon
- 4 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 5 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 6 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 7 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 8 Looking for a Bed and breakfast
- 9 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 10 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 11 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 12 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 13 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 14 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 15 OHare car service north suburbs
- 16 Yellowstone
- 17 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 18 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 19 Ah, The California Wine Country!
- 20 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 21 Wine Bars in Hollywood / Fort Lauderdale
- 22 Page, AZ area
- 23 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 24 saint john the divine concert for peace tickets
- 25 Traveling Alone
Please, some tips for N.Y. and northeast, 2 weeks, low budget(…) trip?