I’m preparing for a 2-week trip to northeast USA, late May, while doing some (desperate?) efforts to keep the budget low (in this expensive country…) due to recent financial restrictions.
Could you please advise me about how to choose and combine some interesting sights with low budgets?
My initial thought is to stay within the corridor Boston – New York - Philadelphia - Baltimore – Washington, sleeping at hostels and moving with public buses..
Main interests are cityscape, street life, nature... (but no shopping, drinking)
Do you think the areas above make a good choice for that reason?
Also, could you suggest possibilities for hiking in nature around there (seaside/ mountain) accessible by public transport?
Any other tips for good sightseeing at earthly costs, will be a big big help, totally welcome!
Looking forward to hearing your tips guys, happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Zion and Bryce... which to do first
- 2 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 3 My Unexpected Stay at Embassy Suites at Philadelphia Airport
- 4 Pacific Drive RoadTrip during Thanks giving
- 5 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 6 Road Trip Along Lake Michigan
- 7 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 8 Lodging recs for Mackinac Island
- 9 Traveling across USA via Greyhound
- 10 A week in Ohau - what to do?
- 11 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 12 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 13 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 14 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 15 Where to stay in or near San Simeon for one night?
- 16 Boston Ideas
- 17 Papakolea Beach/Green Sand Beach - Big Island, Hawaii
- 18 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 19 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 20 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 21 Crab restaurants near Silver Springs MD
- 22 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 23 Anna Maria Island--is north end "too" quiet?
- 24 Help to plan winter vacation in Yellowstone
- 25 Lake Champlain, VT
Please, some tips for N.Y. and northeast, 2 weeks, low budget(…) trip?