I’m preparing for a 2-week trip to northeast USA, late May, while doing some (desperate?) efforts to keep the budget low (in this expensive country…) due to recent financial restrictions.
Could you please advise me about how to choose and combine some interesting sights with low budgets?
My initial thought is to stay within the corridor Boston – New York - Philadelphia - Baltimore – Washington, sleeping at hostels and moving with public buses..
Main interests are cityscape, street life, nature... (but no shopping, drinking)
Do you think the areas above make a good choice for that reason?
Also, could you suggest possibilities for hiking in nature around there (seaside/ mountain) accessible by public transport?
Any other tips for good sightseeing at earthly costs, will be a big big help, totally welcome!
Looking forward to hearing your tips guys, happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 2 Pix from Paradise (the Big Island, Kauai & Maui)
- 3 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 4 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 5 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 6 Finding the right moving company. (Calgary to Seattle!)
- 7 Farewell from Ira
- 8 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 9 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 10 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 11 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 12 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 13 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 14 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 15 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 16 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 17 chicago to hibbing
- 18 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 19 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 20 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 21 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 22 Pacific coast road trip
- 23 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 24 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 25 Arlington Hotels
Please, some tips for N.Y. and northeast, 2 weeks, low budget(…) trip?