I’m preparing for a 2-week trip to northeast USA, late May, while doing some (desperate?) efforts to keep the budget low (in this expensive country…) due to recent financial restrictions.
Could you please advise me about how to choose and combine some interesting sights with low budgets?
My initial thought is to stay within the corridor Boston – New York - Philadelphia - Baltimore – Washington, sleeping at hostels and moving with public buses..
Main interests are cityscape, street life, nature... (but no shopping, drinking)
Do you think the areas above make a good choice for that reason?
Also, could you suggest possibilities for hiking in nature around there (seaside/ mountain) accessible by public transport?
Any other tips for good sightseeing at earthly costs, will be a big big help, totally welcome!
Looking forward to hearing your tips guys, happy travels!
Please, some tips for N.Y. and northeast, 2 weeks, low budget(…) trip?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 san fran sightseeing
- 2 Accommodation New Orleans LA
- 3 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 4 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 5 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 6 San Diego/ Baja / Desert / Vegas/ Mexico
- 7 Yellowstone in the winter?
- 8 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 9 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 10 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 11 NYC Department Store Windows for Christmas - Ready, Set, Go
- 12 Side Show is a must-see show on Broadway
- 13 Boston in winter?
- 14 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 15 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 16 American Honeymoon in March
- 17 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 18 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 19 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 20 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 21 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 22 Colorado Skiing
- 23 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 24 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 25 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC