I’m preparing for a 2-week trip to northeast USA, late May, while doing some (desperate?) efforts to keep the budget low (in this expensive country…) due to recent financial restrictions.
Could you please advise me about how to choose and combine some interesting sights with low budgets?
My initial thought is to stay within the corridor Boston – New York - Philadelphia - Baltimore – Washington, sleeping at hostels and moving with public buses..
Main interests are cityscape, street life, nature... (but no shopping, drinking)
Do you think the areas above make a good choice for that reason?
Also, could you suggest possibilities for hiking in nature around there (seaside/ mountain) accessible by public transport?
Any other tips for good sightseeing at earthly costs, will be a big big help, totally welcome!
Looking forward to hearing your tips guys, happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Chicago to Mount Rushmore...?
- 2 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 3 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 4 DC Metro to other sites?
- 5 Would you go on a trip if you had to use crutches?
- 6 HAWAII- best islands at xmas time
- 7 Restaurant near Whitney Museum
- 8 Cleveland West Side Market
- 9 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 10 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 11 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 12 Harper's Ferry from DC?
- 13 DC Hotel location help
- 14 Dinosaur National Monument
- 15 Eastern Seaboard
- 16 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 17 Cape Cod summer vacation
- 18 road trip from Illinois to NY city, Cape Cod, and Boston
- 19 Rocky Mountain National Park
- 20 New England Fall Foliage - First Timers
- 21 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 22 Miami airport--safety??
- 23 Zurich airport connections
- 24 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 25 Recent Spam Attacks
Please, some tips for N.Y. and northeast, 2 weeks, low budget(…) trip?