I’m preparing for a 2-week trip to northeast USA, late May, while doing some (desperate?) efforts to keep the budget low (in this expensive country…) due to recent financial restrictions.
Could you please advise me about how to choose and combine some interesting sights with low budgets?
My initial thought is to stay within the corridor Boston – New York - Philadelphia - Baltimore – Washington, sleeping at hostels and moving with public buses..
Main interests are cityscape, street life, nature... (but no shopping, drinking)
Do you think the areas above make a good choice for that reason?
Also, could you suggest possibilities for hiking in nature around there (seaside/ mountain) accessible by public transport?
Any other tips for good sightseeing at earthly costs, will be a big big help, totally welcome!
Looking forward to hearing your tips guys, happy travels!
Please, some tips for N.Y. and northeast, 2 weeks, low budget(…) trip?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 2 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 3 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 4 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 5 Hotels Philly
- 6 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 7 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 8 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 9 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 10 Green Flea in NYC
- 11 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 12 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 13 Orlando in March
- 14 New England September
- 15 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 16 Ackislander
- 17 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 18 Cross Country RV Trip
- 19 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 20 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 21 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 22 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 23 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 24 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 25 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?