I’m preparing for a 2-week trip to northeast USA, late May, while doing some (desperate?) efforts to keep the budget low (in this expensive country…) due to recent financial restrictions.
Could you please advise me about how to choose and combine some interesting sights with low budgets?
My initial thought is to stay within the corridor Boston – New York - Philadelphia - Baltimore – Washington, sleeping at hostels and moving with public buses..
Main interests are cityscape, street life, nature... (but no shopping, drinking)
Do you think the areas above make a good choice for that reason?
Also, could you suggest possibilities for hiking in nature around there (seaside/ mountain) accessible by public transport?
Any other tips for good sightseeing at earthly costs, will be a big big help, totally welcome!
Looking forward to hearing your tips guys, happy travels!
Please, some tips for N.Y. and northeast, 2 weeks, low budget(…) trip?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 2 Visiting Denver
- 3 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 6 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 7 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 8 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 9 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 10 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 11 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 12 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 13 Visiting Denver
- 14 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 15 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 16 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 17 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 18 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 19 San Diego parks and attractions
- 20 Door County Suggestions
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 23 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 24 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 25 boston to nantucket: what are our options?