I’m preparing for a 2-week trip to northeast USA, late May, while doing some (desperate?) efforts to keep the budget low (in this expensive country…) due to recent financial restrictions.
Could you please advise me about how to choose and combine some interesting sights with low budgets?
My initial thought is to stay within the corridor Boston – New York - Philadelphia - Baltimore – Washington, sleeping at hostels and moving with public buses..
Main interests are cityscape, street life, nature... (but no shopping, drinking)
Do you think the areas above make a good choice for that reason?
Also, could you suggest possibilities for hiking in nature around there (seaside/ mountain) accessible by public transport?
Any other tips for good sightseeing at earthly costs, will be a big big help, totally welcome!
Looking forward to hearing your tips guys, happy travels!
Please, some tips for N.Y. and northeast, 2 weeks, low budget(…) trip?
- 1 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 2 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 3 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 4 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 5 hotel near Met NYC
- 6 Oahu Information
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 9 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 10 Warm and don't Drive
- 11 driving route to disneyland, Anaheim
- 12 Historic District Hotel, St. Augustine, Florida, February
- 13 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 14 Hotel near Public Theater
- 15 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 One day in Washington DC
- 18 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 19 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 20 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 21 Tucson First Week or Last Week of March
- 22 San Antonio
- 23 Key West on NYE
- 24 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 25 Ft. Stewart/Savannah