I’m preparing for a 2-week trip to northeast USA, late May, while doing some (desperate?) efforts to keep the budget low (in this expensive country…) due to recent financial restrictions.
Could you please advise me about how to choose and combine some interesting sights with low budgets?
My initial thought is to stay within the corridor Boston – New York - Philadelphia - Baltimore – Washington, sleeping at hostels and moving with public buses..
Main interests are cityscape, street life, nature... (but no shopping, drinking)
Do you think the areas above make a good choice for that reason?
Also, could you suggest possibilities for hiking in nature around there (seaside/ mountain) accessible by public transport?
Any other tips for good sightseeing at earthly costs, will be a big big help, totally welcome!
Looking forward to hearing your tips guys, happy travels!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 a lovely week in Grand Lake
- 2 Bear cubs at Wild Animal Sanctuary
- 3 Martha's Vineyard_Day Trip
- 4 11 days SE coast road trip
- 5 Silverthorne
- 6 New Issues with Air BnB in NYC
- 7 Places to stay in TX...?
- 8 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 9 Where are the orcas near Seattle?
- 10 Trip Report - Chicago - Thunstorms, Thunderstorms, Thunderstorms
- 11 50th in Hawaii
- 12 Afternoon in Philadelphia
- 13 Condo rental for snowbirds
- 14 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 15 Ironman Housing in Kailua Kona
- 16 advice for Short trip from Dallas to?
- 17 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 18 Road trip from Iowa to South Carolina
- 19 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 20 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 21 Where to stay for 1 night near Morgantown WV
- 22 Driving from Baltimore to Savannah Ga
- 23 Berkshires with a toddler
- 24 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 25 hilicopter tour oahu
Please, some tips for N.Y. and northeast, 2 weeks, low budget(…) trip?