Was hoping to get some advice about our itinerary because we've had such success in the past with the great advice we've received on these forums!
We're traveling to the Big Island for Christmas/New Years with a toddler and grandparents in tow. We plan to fly into HILO and out of KONA and wanted to break the trip up to the following:
2 night HILO
2 night VNP
3 or 4 nights in Keauhou at the Sheraton
3 or 4 nights at one of the Kohala beach resorts ie the Hapuana Prince, Marriott or Hilton
We're looking for a mix of relaxing beach time/snorkeling, the must do sites like VNP, and exploring some of the towns/cultural sites. We want to take our time since we have a toddler. Does the above make sense or have we broken it up too much? Also, is it better to drive from VNP to Kohala first or Keauhou? And because I keep hearing about the VOG, is staying 2 nights in VNP a health concern for a small child? If it is, we may scrap the VNP stay and add another night to the Hilo stay and another on Kona.
Thank you so much for your help! Any and all advice would be appreciated!
Please help with Hawaii Big Island 11 day itinerary for a family trip!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Universal studios/Orlando
- 2 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 3 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 4 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 5 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 6 USA with a 3 year old
- 7 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 8 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 9 NYC theatre broadway
- 10 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 13 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 14 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 15 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 16 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 17 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 18 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 19 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Wedding venue in NH
- 22 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 23 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 24 San Diego parks and attractions
- 25 Alaska