Was hoping to get some advice about our itinerary because we've had such success in the past with the great advice we've received on these forums!
We're traveling to the Big Island for Christmas/New Years with a toddler and grandparents in tow. We plan to fly into HILO and out of KONA and wanted to break the trip up to the following:
2 night HILO
2 night VNP
3 or 4 nights in Keauhou at the Sheraton
3 or 4 nights at one of the Kohala beach resorts ie the Hapuana Prince, Marriott or Hilton
We're looking for a mix of relaxing beach time/snorkeling, the must do sites like VNP, and exploring some of the towns/cultural sites. We want to take our time since we have a toddler. Does the above make sense or have we broken it up too much? Also, is it better to drive from VNP to Kohala first or Keauhou? And because I keep hearing about the VOG, is staying 2 nights in VNP a health concern for a small child? If it is, we may scrap the VNP stay and add another night to the Hilo stay and another on Kona.
Thank you so much for your help! Any and all advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tksgiving trip Anacortes or Whidbey Island?
- 2 Restaurant Help Needed
- 3 Any suggestions for the holidays 2016
- 4 Best Culinary Tour in Charleston?
- 5 5 Day Photography Road Trip from Vegas to Denver
- 6 Foliage in Vermont
- 7 Pacific Northwest Food and Wine
- 8 las vegas anyone
- 9 Hawaii: 3 islands
- 10 LA to Carlsbad, 7 days, December
- 11 las vegas anyone
- 12 Finding Steve Perry
- 13 Grand Canyon
- 14 Washington DC
- 15 New England itinerary help
- 16 Big Sur evacuated due to Soberanes fire August 7, 2016
- 17 Trip Report - NYC Girls Weekend
- 18 US history sites- D.C.-NYC-Boston-Philly
- 19 Columbia River Gorge
- 20 Last Minute NYC tips??
- 21 Late-October Colorado: Itinerary ?s and RMNP day hikes
- 22 Photography trip from Denver to Vegas in 2 Days
- 23 Kona Village Resort Update.
- 24 Need Advice for trip to Oregon - Portland, coast and Crater Lake
- 25 Kanab
Please help with Hawaii Big Island 11 day itinerary for a family trip!