Was hoping to get some advice about our itinerary because we've had such success in the past with the great advice we've received on these forums!
We're traveling to the Big Island for Christmas/New Years with a toddler and grandparents in tow. We plan to fly into HILO and out of KONA and wanted to break the trip up to the following:
2 night HILO
2 night VNP
3 or 4 nights in Keauhou at the Sheraton
3 or 4 nights at one of the Kohala beach resorts ie the Hapuana Prince, Marriott or Hilton
We're looking for a mix of relaxing beach time/snorkeling, the must do sites like VNP, and exploring some of the towns/cultural sites. We want to take our time since we have a toddler. Does the above make sense or have we broken it up too much? Also, is it better to drive from VNP to Kohala first or Keauhou? And because I keep hearing about the VOG, is staying 2 nights in VNP a health concern for a small child? If it is, we may scrap the VNP stay and add another night to the Hilo stay and another on Kona.
Thank you so much for your help! Any and all advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 2 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 3 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 4 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 5 New Years Eve in NYC
- 6 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 7 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 8 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 9 Yellowstone
- 10 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 11 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 12 Redwoods National Park
- 13 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 14 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 15 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 16 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 17 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 18 New Mexico in May
- 19 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 20 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 21 Traveling Alone
- 22 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 23 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 24 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 25 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?
Please help with Hawaii Big Island 11 day itinerary for a family trip!