Was hoping to get some advice about our itinerary because we've had such success in the past with the great advice we've received on these forums!
We're traveling to the Big Island for Christmas/New Years with a toddler and grandparents in tow. We plan to fly into HILO and out of KONA and wanted to break the trip up to the following:
2 night HILO
2 night VNP
3 or 4 nights in Keauhou at the Sheraton
3 or 4 nights at one of the Kohala beach resorts ie the Hapuana Prince, Marriott or Hilton
We're looking for a mix of relaxing beach time/snorkeling, the must do sites like VNP, and exploring some of the towns/cultural sites. We want to take our time since we have a toddler. Does the above make sense or have we broken it up too much? Also, is it better to drive from VNP to Kohala first or Keauhou? And because I keep hearing about the VOG, is staying 2 nights in VNP a health concern for a small child? If it is, we may scrap the VNP stay and add another night to the Hilo stay and another on Kona.
Thank you so much for your help! Any and all advice would be appreciated!
Please help with Hawaii Big Island 11 day itinerary for a family trip!
- 1 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 2 Question about Boulder area
- 3 Two days December Arches Zion or ???
- 4 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 5 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 6 Need a Good family restaurant near Disney World
- 7 Pix from Paradise (Kauai)
- 8 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 9 Denali Bus Tour Evaluation
- 10 Heard Les Miz is Returning - Production Any Good
- 11 Sedona to Palm Springs
- 12 Would this still be a good NYC to Boston Route?
- 13 Where to stay in Kauai in December?
- 14 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 15 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 16 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 17 RV trip from Raleigh NC to Grand Canyon, Zion, Arches.. and?
- 18 Fort Lauderdale weather in late January
- 19 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 20 What is the most European looking city in the United States?
- 21 Biloxi questions again
- 22 San Francisco - Stu Dudley's Recommendations
- 23 Madison Square Garden
- 24 SuperShuttle - are they always so rude?
- 25 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England