Was hoping to get some advice about our itinerary because we've had such success in the past with the great advice we've received on these forums!
We're traveling to the Big Island for Christmas/New Years with a toddler and grandparents in tow. We plan to fly into HILO and out of KONA and wanted to break the trip up to the following:
2 night HILO
2 night VNP
3 or 4 nights in Keauhou at the Sheraton
3 or 4 nights at one of the Kohala beach resorts ie the Hapuana Prince, Marriott or Hilton
We're looking for a mix of relaxing beach time/snorkeling, the must do sites like VNP, and exploring some of the towns/cultural sites. We want to take our time since we have a toddler. Does the above make sense or have we broken it up too much? Also, is it better to drive from VNP to Kohala first or Keauhou? And because I keep hearing about the VOG, is staying 2 nights in VNP a health concern for a small child? If it is, we may scrap the VNP stay and add another night to the Hilo stay and another on Kona.
Thank you so much for your help! Any and all advice would be appreciated!
Please help with Hawaii Big Island 11 day itinerary for a family trip!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 2 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 3 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 4 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 5 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 6 Berkshires in late October
- 7 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 8 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 9 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 10 Seattle: Something Different?
- 11 California road trip
- 12 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 13 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 14 ONP help
- 15 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 16 Savanah Sojourn
- 17 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 18 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 19 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 20 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 21 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 22 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 23 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 24 Seattle Hyatts
- 25 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!