Was hoping to get some advice about our itinerary because we've had such success in the past with the great advice we've received on these forums!
We're traveling to the Big Island for Christmas/New Years with a toddler and grandparents in tow. We plan to fly into HILO and out of KONA and wanted to break the trip up to the following:
2 night HILO
2 night VNP
3 or 4 nights in Keauhou at the Sheraton
3 or 4 nights at one of the Kohala beach resorts ie the Hapuana Prince, Marriott or Hilton
We're looking for a mix of relaxing beach time/snorkeling, the must do sites like VNP, and exploring some of the towns/cultural sites. We want to take our time since we have a toddler. Does the above make sense or have we broken it up too much? Also, is it better to drive from VNP to Kohala first or Keauhou? And because I keep hearing about the VOG, is staying 2 nights in VNP a health concern for a small child? If it is, we may scrap the VNP stay and add another night to the Hilo stay and another on Kona.
Thank you so much for your help! Any and all advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cruising the Cs: Canyon de Chelly, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef
- 2 Eating Well In Manhatten
- 3 Secaucus as base for New York 3 days-advice
- 4 arizona rte 66
- 5 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 6 Hawaii and...where?
- 7 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 8 Another Great DC Trip
- 9 Lunch near 9/11 Memorial
- 10 Gatlinburg/Smokies trip report, with photos and captions
- 11 Black History Museum
- 12 Wash DC VRBO recommendation
- 13 Chicago 2017
- 14 West coast to East Coast in April-May 2018
- 15 How much time in Badlands?
- 16 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 17 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 18 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 19 DC Restaurants
- 20 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 21 Short Oregon Trip
- 22 usa roadtrip
- 23 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 24 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 25 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
Please help with Hawaii Big Island 11 day itinerary for a family trip!