I am trying to develop an itinerary for our trip to the Grand Canyon by way of Phoenix the second week of April. Our ten year old son is losing his vision to a retinal disease, yet, still has very functional peripheral vision with which he can appreciate some sights and much adventure. We have a lengthy list of natural wonders we want him to see before his vision worsens and the Grand Canyon is next on our list.
Over the school spring break, we would like to take he and our 14 year old daughter to the area for the sights, hiking and rafting. I have done some research, but am struggling to develop an itinerary that allows us to see a great deal, yet, also is at a reasonable pace that permits enjoyment. I have crafted two potential routes, but am very open to input. We are willing to fly out of a different airport on the departure even though it's more expensive.
Below are my thoughts. Thank you so much for any insight and advice!
Itinerary with round trip from PHX
Day one (Sunday) arrive in PHX in late eve....drive to sedona for night(late arrival)
Day two : second night in Sedona (hike)
Day three: Sedona ( hike)
Day four: Drive to Grand Canyon (stay one night)
Day five: Drive to Page (stay next two nights)
Day Six : Raft on Lake Powell (stay another night)
Day Seven: Drive to Flagstaff or somewhere closer to Airport
Day Eight: Leave early from PHX
Itinerary with arrival in PHX and Departure St. George UT
Day one: Arrive late, drive to Sedona for next two nights
Day two: see and Hike Sedona
Day Three: Drive to Grand Canyon and spend night
Day four Drive to Page for two nights
Day five: Raft Lake Powell and spend night
Day Six: Drive to Bryce Canyon and Spend night
Day Sevenrive closer to St. George
Day Eight: leave from ST. George UT early in morning.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ice Age: Collision Course Full Movie Download HD
- 2 A Gem of a Restaurant in Long Beach, CA
- 3 Los Angeles and Beyond
- 4 Steamboat in August
- 5 Even Disney isn't Disney anymore
- 6 Cape cod Labor Day
- 7 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 8 US Open Tennis
- 9 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 10 Hawaii with limited time
- 11 Glacier-Banaff-Jasper NPs Car Rental
- 12 Trip report -- Vermont: Bennington and Manchester
- 13 Portland to mt St. Helens and my rainer
- 14 Grand Teton Questions
- 15 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 16 Your favourite places in New York City
- 17 Belmond Charleston, Mills House Wyndham or Spectator?
- 18 Trip Report: Charleston SC, Hilton Head, Savannah GA and Jekyll Island
- 19 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 20 where do the locals eat in Portland, Maine
- 21 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 22 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 23 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 24 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 25 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
please help w/ trip for visually-impaired 10 year old to Arizona/ GC!