Me and my wife are planning to make a road trip from Denver to San Francisco. We are in our twenties and looking for a safe, economical and memorable trip. A bit of adventure is fine too. We have never been to Colorado, Utah, and Nevada. Your suggestions regarding must see attractions, safe and economical stays/hotels on the way are most appreciated. We enjoy the nature and would like to keep our trip as scenic as possible with some good opportunities to take nice pictures.
As of now, we are thinking of the following five day trip, around Oct 3rd-4th weeks.
Denver to Rocky Mountain NP
(Trail Ridge Road at Rocky Mountain NP)
Night stay at Rocky Mountain NP or drive to Moab, UT for sleep.
Arches NP and Canyon Lands NP
Night Stay at Moab
Day 3 and 4:
To Capitol Reef NP through Hwy 24.
To Bryce Canyon NP through Hwy 12
Day 3 night stay at either Capitol Reef NP or Bryce Canyon NP
Day 4 night stay at either Zion NP or Death Valley NP
Zion NP or Death Valley NP to San Francisco
In total, we have four nights and five full days. I know that the schedule is a bit tight, but this is more like a road trip. Please suggest me:
i) where to spend less time and where to spend more. We are ready to sacrifice some places.
ii) some must see see attractions on the way,
iii) scenic routes to drive on the way and in National parks. Since we are short of time, we would like to cover as much as possible from the car itself.
iv) and most importantly, safe and economical places to stay during nights
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://maleenhancementshop.info/thrive-max/
- 2 New England Tour
- 3 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 4 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 5 Hotel Picks - Kauai
- 6 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 7 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 8 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 9 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 10 Saint Lawrence River Seaway
- 11 Driving CA 395
- 12 Maui and Kauai
- 13 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 14 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 15 Glacier National Park 2018
- 16 Hawaii wedding
- 17 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 18 Adirondacks trip repot
- 19 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 20 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 21 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 22 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 23 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 24 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 25 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
Please help plan our road trip from Denver to San Francisco