Me and my wife are planning to make a road trip from Denver to San Francisco. We are in our twenties and looking for a safe, economical and memorable trip. A bit of adventure is fine too. We have never been to Colorado, Utah, and Nevada. Your suggestions regarding must see attractions, safe and economical stays/hotels on the way are most appreciated. We enjoy the nature and would like to keep our trip as scenic as possible with some good opportunities to take nice pictures.
As of now, we are thinking of the following five day trip, around Oct 3rd-4th weeks.
Denver to Rocky Mountain NP
(Trail Ridge Road at Rocky Mountain NP)
Night stay at Rocky Mountain NP or drive to Moab, UT for sleep.
Arches NP and Canyon Lands NP
Night Stay at Moab
Day 3 and 4:
To Capitol Reef NP through Hwy 24.
To Bryce Canyon NP through Hwy 12
Day 3 night stay at either Capitol Reef NP or Bryce Canyon NP
Day 4 night stay at either Zion NP or Death Valley NP
Zion NP or Death Valley NP to San Francisco
In total, we have four nights and five full days. I know that the schedule is a bit tight, but this is more like a road trip. Please suggest me:
i) where to spend less time and where to spend more. We are ready to sacrifice some places.
ii) some must see see attractions on the way,
iii) scenic routes to drive on the way and in National parks. Since we are short of time, we would like to cover as much as possible from the car itself.
iv) and most importantly, safe and economical places to stay during nights
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 2 Should I go ahed with our Disney World trip over Easter
- 3 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 4 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 5 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 6 Alaska independent tour for group
- 7 Safety Concerns
- 8 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 9 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 10 Boston-Philadelphia: drive, fly, Amtrak?
- 11 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 12 5 days in Colorado
- 13 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 14 Sedona for a Month
- 15 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 16 Hyatt Regency Boston Harbor - how to get to the city?
- 17 Moving to DC ( Nova area) Please help me
- 18 Hawaii Volcanoes
- 19 Visit to the top of the Statue of Liberty
- 20 40th in Key West
- 21 Downtown Chicago
- 22 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 23 Planning Honeymoon with Handicapped fiance
- 24 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 25 What to do in San Diego
Please help plan our road trip from Denver to San Francisco