Me and my wife are planning to make a road trip from Denver to San Francisco. We are in our twenties and looking for a safe, economical and memorable trip. A bit of adventure is fine too. We have never been to Colorado, Utah, and Nevada. Your suggestions regarding must see attractions, safe and economical stays/hotels on the way are most appreciated. We enjoy the nature and would like to keep our trip as scenic as possible with some good opportunities to take nice pictures.
As of now, we are thinking of the following five day trip, around Oct 3rd-4th weeks.
Denver to Rocky Mountain NP
(Trail Ridge Road at Rocky Mountain NP)
Night stay at Rocky Mountain NP or drive to Moab, UT for sleep.
Arches NP and Canyon Lands NP
Night Stay at Moab
Day 3 and 4:
To Capitol Reef NP through Hwy 24.
To Bryce Canyon NP through Hwy 12
Day 3 night stay at either Capitol Reef NP or Bryce Canyon NP
Day 4 night stay at either Zion NP or Death Valley NP
Zion NP or Death Valley NP to San Francisco
In total, we have four nights and five full days. I know that the schedule is a bit tight, but this is more like a road trip. Please suggest me:
i) where to spend less time and where to spend more. We are ready to sacrifice some places.
ii) some must see see attractions on the way,
iii) scenic routes to drive on the way and in National parks. Since we are short of time, we would like to cover as much as possible from the car itself.
iv) and most importantly, safe and economical places to stay during nights
Thanks in advance for your help.
Please help plan our road trip from Denver to San Francisco
- 1 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 2 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 3 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 4 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 5 State cracking down on vacation rentals?
- 6 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 7 Savannah restaurants
- 8 Boston and surrounding area
- 9 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 10 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 11 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 12 Honeymoon to Kauai and Maui from the East Coast
- 13 Middlebury vt quickie
- 14 Washington DC - Philadelphia - New York extravaganza
- 15 Denver 1 day in denver
- 16 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 17 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 18 Crater Lake-North entrance open
- 19 New Orleans - Alligator Cheesecake???
- 20 New York City Itinerary and Restaurant Help
- 21 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 22 Transportation from Jackson to Jackson Hole airport
- 23 Albuquerque to Denver
- 24 Santa Fe Home Exchange - Three Wks, from start to finish
- 25 Oregon Cave NM or extra day in Redwoods area?