Me and my wife are planning to make a road trip from Denver to San Francisco. We are in our twenties and looking for a safe, economical and memorable trip. A bit of adventure is fine too. We have never been to Colorado, Utah, and Nevada. Your suggestions regarding must see attractions, safe and economical stays/hotels on the way are most appreciated. We enjoy the nature and would like to keep our trip as scenic as possible with some good opportunities to take nice pictures.
As of now, we are thinking of the following five day trip, around Oct 3rd-4th weeks.
Denver to Rocky Mountain NP
(Trail Ridge Road at Rocky Mountain NP)
Night stay at Rocky Mountain NP or drive to Moab, UT for sleep.
Arches NP and Canyon Lands NP
Night Stay at Moab
Day 3 and 4:
To Capitol Reef NP through Hwy 24.
To Bryce Canyon NP through Hwy 12
Day 3 night stay at either Capitol Reef NP or Bryce Canyon NP
Day 4 night stay at either Zion NP or Death Valley NP
Zion NP or Death Valley NP to San Francisco
In total, we have four nights and five full days. I know that the schedule is a bit tight, but this is more like a road trip. Please suggest me:
i) where to spend less time and where to spend more. We are ready to sacrifice some places.
ii) some must see see attractions on the way,
iii) scenic routes to drive on the way and in National parks. Since we are short of time, we would like to cover as much as possible from the car itself.
iv) and most importantly, safe and economical places to stay during nights
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 "Kid" things to do in Stanwood area
- 2 Your favourite places in New York City
- 3 http://puresupplementss.com/garcinia-cambogia-zt/
- 4 A June trip to Kauai
- 5 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 6 ONE DY ONE NIGHT IN LA
- 7 A day in Boston
- 8 2 days in DC with 18 year old
- 9 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 10 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 11 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 12 California Road Trip: SFO-Mount Shasta-Monterey (10 days)
- 13 Need advice about Toms River/Seaside Heights NJ
- 14 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 15 Mystic CT
- 16 Maui in October? Hyatt Regency, or quieter spot??
- 17 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 18 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 19 Western National Parks Road Trip
- 20 Los Angeles - 12 hours in Downtown Travel Report
- 21 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 22 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 23 Orlando - condoleances
- 24 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 25 1st trip to Colorado
Please help plan our road trip from Denver to San Francisco