Me and my wife are planning to make a road trip from Denver to San Francisco. We are in our twenties and looking for a safe, economical and memorable trip. A bit of adventure is fine too. We have never been to Colorado, Utah, and Nevada. Your suggestions regarding must see attractions, safe and economical stays/hotels on the way are most appreciated. We enjoy the nature and would like to keep our trip as scenic as possible with some good opportunities to take nice pictures.
As of now, we are thinking of the following five day trip, around Oct 3rd-4th weeks.
Denver to Rocky Mountain NP
(Trail Ridge Road at Rocky Mountain NP)
Night stay at Rocky Mountain NP or drive to Moab, UT for sleep.
Arches NP and Canyon Lands NP
Night Stay at Moab
Day 3 and 4:
To Capitol Reef NP through Hwy 24.
To Bryce Canyon NP through Hwy 12
Day 3 night stay at either Capitol Reef NP or Bryce Canyon NP
Day 4 night stay at either Zion NP or Death Valley NP
Zion NP or Death Valley NP to San Francisco
In total, we have four nights and five full days. I know that the schedule is a bit tight, but this is more like a road trip. Please suggest me:
i) where to spend less time and where to spend more. We are ready to sacrifice some places.
ii) some must see see attractions on the way,
iii) scenic routes to drive on the way and in National parks. Since we are short of time, we would like to cover as much as possible from the car itself.
iv) and most importantly, safe and economical places to stay during nights
Thanks in advance for your help.
Please help plan our road trip from Denver to San Francisco
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston in winter?
- 2 Gulf coast - Naples, Sanibel Island, Marco Island or Fort Meyers, which one
- 3 Public transportation in Salem MA
- 4 san fran sightseeing
- 5 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 6 American Honeymoon in March
- 7 Midway to Mag. Mile area -- cab or public transport?
- 8 best places to visit in winter through WV to North Carolina
- 9 Philadelphia accommodation thoughts
- 10 Family Friendly Resort Vacation for Holidays
- 11 Public Transportation to DC and NY from Baltimore Area
- 12 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 13 Manhattan Marriott Property December
- 14 Colorado Skiing
- 15 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 16 Best Route into NW Washington DC
- 17 Photo trip log from Grand Wailea
- 18 Transportation from Seattle to Vancouver BC
- 19 Chicago in early summer, what to do with our car
- 20 Best route home from page, az to ny?
- 21 charlotte
- 22 Young Couple Needs Apartment Rental Advice in/around Orlando
- 23 Best way to spend a few hours in Greater Los Angeles?
- 24 New York City in April
- 25 Elephant Man Preview on Broadway with Bradley Cooper