Me and my wife are planning to make a road trip from Denver to San Francisco. We are in our twenties and looking for a safe, economical and memorable trip. A bit of adventure is fine too. We have never been to Colorado, Utah, and Nevada. Your suggestions regarding must see attractions, safe and economical stays/hotels on the way are most appreciated. We enjoy the nature and would like to keep our trip as scenic as possible with some good opportunities to take nice pictures.
As of now, we are thinking of the following five day trip, around Oct 3rd-4th weeks.
Denver to Rocky Mountain NP
(Trail Ridge Road at Rocky Mountain NP)
Night stay at Rocky Mountain NP or drive to Moab, UT for sleep.
Arches NP and Canyon Lands NP
Night Stay at Moab
Day 3 and 4:
To Capitol Reef NP through Hwy 24.
To Bryce Canyon NP through Hwy 12
Day 3 night stay at either Capitol Reef NP or Bryce Canyon NP
Day 4 night stay at either Zion NP or Death Valley NP
Zion NP or Death Valley NP to San Francisco
In total, we have four nights and five full days. I know that the schedule is a bit tight, but this is more like a road trip. Please suggest me:
i) where to spend less time and where to spend more. We are ready to sacrifice some places.
ii) some must see see attractions on the way,
iii) scenic routes to drive on the way and in National parks. Since we are short of time, we would like to cover as much as possible from the car itself.
iv) and most importantly, safe and economical places to stay during nights
Thanks in advance for your help.
Please help plan our road trip from Denver to San Francisco
- 1 Using public transit in San Diego
- 2 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 3 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 4 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 5 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 6 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 7 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 8 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 9 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 10 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 11 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 12 D.C. in a day
- 13 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 14 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 15 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 16 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 17 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 18 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 19 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 20 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 21 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 22 Memphis Tours
- 23 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 24 A Visit to Charleston
- 25 Cedar Point Wait Times