Me and my wife are planning to make a road trip from Denver to San Francisco. We are in our twenties and looking for a safe, economical and memorable trip. A bit of adventure is fine too. We have never been to Colorado, Utah, and Nevada. Your suggestions regarding must see attractions, safe and economical stays/hotels on the way are most appreciated. We enjoy the nature and would like to keep our trip as scenic as possible with some good opportunities to take nice pictures.
As of now, we are thinking of the following five day trip, around Oct 3rd-4th weeks.
Denver to Rocky Mountain NP
(Trail Ridge Road at Rocky Mountain NP)
Night stay at Rocky Mountain NP or drive to Moab, UT for sleep.
Arches NP and Canyon Lands NP
Night Stay at Moab
Day 3 and 4:
To Capitol Reef NP through Hwy 24.
To Bryce Canyon NP through Hwy 12
Day 3 night stay at either Capitol Reef NP or Bryce Canyon NP
Day 4 night stay at either Zion NP or Death Valley NP
Zion NP or Death Valley NP to San Francisco
In total, we have four nights and five full days. I know that the schedule is a bit tight, but this is more like a road trip. Please suggest me:
i) where to spend less time and where to spend more. We are ready to sacrifice some places.
ii) some must see see attractions on the way,
iii) scenic routes to drive on the way and in National parks. Since we are short of time, we would like to cover as much as possible from the car itself.
iv) and most importantly, safe and economical places to stay during nights
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SAN FRANCISCO Columbus Weekend Week
- 2 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 3 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 4 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 5 SEPTA system in Philadelphia
- 6 Trip Advice Sought Southwest Trip
- 7 A week in NYC - first timers
- 8 Boston restaurants
- 9 Itinerary Critique
- 10 Covered parking outside Boston and near public transportation
- 11 Tucson in February
- 12 Ideas for New Orleans trip
- 13 Road trip Miami to Maine May/June 2016
- 14 Self drive from Mt Rushmore to Denver
- 15 Lets each do a post
- 16 Relative Merits of Living in Various Areas in LA
- 17 Stops in Vermont/Southern NH
- 18 Help with visit for a month!!
- 19 Studio-size Apartments, Guest Houses for rent, Ojai and Ventura
- 20 Philadelphia Airport to Independence Hall
- 21 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 22 Chicago to Appleton, WI how to....
- 23 FLA testing the waters
- 24 Planning Monet/Matisse visit to Cleveland Museum of Art
- 25 Our first trip to Hawaii
Please help plan our road trip from Denver to San Francisco