Me and my wife are planning to make a road trip from Denver to San Francisco. We are in our twenties and looking for a safe, economical and memorable trip. A bit of adventure is fine too. We have never been to Colorado, Utah, and Nevada. Your suggestions regarding must see attractions, safe and economical stays/hotels on the way are most appreciated. We enjoy the nature and would like to keep our trip as scenic as possible with some good opportunities to take nice pictures.
As of now, we are thinking of the following five day trip, around Oct 3rd-4th weeks.
Denver to Rocky Mountain NP
(Trail Ridge Road at Rocky Mountain NP)
Night stay at Rocky Mountain NP or drive to Moab, UT for sleep.
Arches NP and Canyon Lands NP
Night Stay at Moab
Day 3 and 4:
To Capitol Reef NP through Hwy 24.
To Bryce Canyon NP through Hwy 12
Day 3 night stay at either Capitol Reef NP or Bryce Canyon NP
Day 4 night stay at either Zion NP or Death Valley NP
Zion NP or Death Valley NP to San Francisco
In total, we have four nights and five full days. I know that the schedule is a bit tight, but this is more like a road trip. Please suggest me:
i) where to spend less time and where to spend more. We are ready to sacrifice some places.
ii) some must see see attractions on the way,
iii) scenic routes to drive on the way and in National parks. Since we are short of time, we would like to cover as much as possible from the car itself.
iv) and most importantly, safe and economical places to stay during nights
Thanks in advance for your help.
Please help plan our road trip from Denver to San Francisco
- 1 Savanah Sojourn
- 2 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 3 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 4 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 5 RIP Judy Rogers
- 6 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 9 Princeville in January
- 10 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 11 Warm and don't Drive
- 12 pa to az
- 13 Seniors need help with itinerary for grandkids!
- 14 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 15 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 16 No high rises, low key natural area with water access in SW Fla
- 17 Yountville or Napa in February??
- 18 6 Reasons Hawaii Will Ruin Your Life
- 19 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 20 Hotel Survey - UCSD student
- 21 4 Day Trip to Colorado
- 22 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 23 If you drive through Greensboro during holiday time....
- 24 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 25 Charlotte Area Suggestions