My wife and I are going to Hawaii for our anniversary in mid-October and really need some help. The biggest challenge has been finding a nice calm beach in Maui where my wife, who doesn't swim very well, can walk in the water may be snorkel with a noodle right off shore, etc. We're getting more and more disappointed as we try to book accomodations because every beach we look at seems to be for people who really can swim, surf, etc., particularly in October (or thereafter).
Our plan is to be there for 9 nights, on 2 islands. Presently we are flying into BI and out of Maui. For BI we booked at the Fairmont Orchid which really sounds perfect. If anyone has an opinion otherwise please let me know.
For the second island, we were originally planning to go to Kauai instead of Maui because it sounded gorgeous with so many beautiful natural wonders, but then it seemed like there were no resorts/condos on beaches with calm enough waters so we switched to Maui after reading Frommers recommendations on best beaches. Yet it seems the beaches in Maui either have very little beach (sand) or very strong waves.
It's been extremely frustrateing and we feel like maybe we were a little presumptuous and jumped the gun in booking Hawaii and the Carribean would have been more practical for us.
Any help would be so very much appreciated.
PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 2 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 3 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 6 Colorado in the summer!
- 7 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 8 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 9 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 10 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 11 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 12 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 13 Brooklyn why?
- 14 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 15 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 16 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 17 Kennedy Space Center
- 18 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 19 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 20 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 21 5 week in US/Mexico
- 22 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 23 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 24 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint