My wife and I are going to Hawaii for our anniversary in mid-October and really need some help. The biggest challenge has been finding a nice calm beach in Maui where my wife, who doesn't swim very well, can walk in the water may be snorkel with a noodle right off shore, etc. We're getting more and more disappointed as we try to book accomodations because every beach we look at seems to be for people who really can swim, surf, etc., particularly in October (or thereafter).
Our plan is to be there for 9 nights, on 2 islands. Presently we are flying into BI and out of Maui. For BI we booked at the Fairmont Orchid which really sounds perfect. If anyone has an opinion otherwise please let me know.
For the second island, we were originally planning to go to Kauai instead of Maui because it sounded gorgeous with so many beautiful natural wonders, but then it seemed like there were no resorts/condos on beaches with calm enough waters so we switched to Maui after reading Frommers recommendations on best beaches. Yet it seems the beaches in Maui either have very little beach (sand) or very strong waves.
It's been extremely frustrateing and we feel like maybe we were a little presumptuous and jumped the gun in booking Hawaii and the Carribean would have been more practical for us.
Any help would be so very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AVAST@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 COMCAST @password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre SUPP0RT 24/7
- 3 How to eat cheaply in NY
- 4 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 5 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 6 Worthwhile in San Francisco
- 7 Maine- Portland to Bar Habor Advice needed
- 8 Must see places around Burlington, VT
- 9 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 10 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 11 Remove Dark Patches with Zeta White
- 12 Visting a friend during layover
- 13 florida gulf coast
- 14 Alaska trip itinerary
- 15 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 16 Road trip from San Diego to San Francisco with kids
- 17 Hotel Choice Chicago: Loop or Magnificent Mile?
- 18 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 19 Road trip advice needed please
- 20 Chicago restaurants
- 21 Willamette Valley to PDX--what are the options?
- 22 Roadtrip from Chicago to Philadelphia
- 23 6 Days in California - Advice Needed for first timer!
- 24 Yosemite vs. Yellowstone
- 25 Newark long term parking
PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....