My wife and I are going to Hawaii for our anniversary in mid-October and really need some help. The biggest challenge has been finding a nice calm beach in Maui where my wife, who doesn't swim very well, can walk in the water may be snorkel with a noodle right off shore, etc. We're getting more and more disappointed as we try to book accomodations because every beach we look at seems to be for people who really can swim, surf, etc., particularly in October (or thereafter).
Our plan is to be there for 9 nights, on 2 islands. Presently we are flying into BI and out of Maui. For BI we booked at the Fairmont Orchid which really sounds perfect. If anyone has an opinion otherwise please let me know.
For the second island, we were originally planning to go to Kauai instead of Maui because it sounded gorgeous with so many beautiful natural wonders, but then it seemed like there were no resorts/condos on beaches with calm enough waters so we switched to Maui after reading Frommers recommendations on best beaches. Yet it seems the beaches in Maui either have very little beach (sand) or very strong waves.
It's been extremely frustrateing and we feel like maybe we were a little presumptuous and jumped the gun in booking Hawaii and the Carribean would have been more practical for us.
Any help would be so very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 2 Northern California Gardens.
- 3 Florida with a 2 year old
- 4 Train from east cost to west coast
- 5 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 6 Where to go for a long winter vacation in Florida, Panama City Beach??
- 7 Route 66
- 8 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 9 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 10 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 11 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 12 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 13 Uber from Baton Rouge to N.O. Airport
- 14 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 15 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 16 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 17 Arches or Zion?
- 18 3wks in USA, flying in & out of LA, in Jan 2018
- 19 Which National Park summer 2018 with kids
- 20 Hiking from Aspen to Crested Butte
- 21 Any nice condo's to stay in Seaside, Florida?
- 22 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 23 Restaurant recommendations in falmouth/mashpee, ma area
- 24 Travel Friday Harbor to Olympic Peninsula?
- 25 Trip Report Part 2 (w/teens) - Zion, Bryce and Park City
PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....