My wife and I are going to Hawaii for our anniversary in mid-October and really need some help. The biggest challenge has been finding a nice calm beach in Maui where my wife, who doesn't swim very well, can walk in the water may be snorkel with a noodle right off shore, etc. We're getting more and more disappointed as we try to book accomodations because every beach we look at seems to be for people who really can swim, surf, etc., particularly in October (or thereafter).
Our plan is to be there for 9 nights, on 2 islands. Presently we are flying into BI and out of Maui. For BI we booked at the Fairmont Orchid which really sounds perfect. If anyone has an opinion otherwise please let me know.
For the second island, we were originally planning to go to Kauai instead of Maui because it sounded gorgeous with so many beautiful natural wonders, but then it seemed like there were no resorts/condos on beaches with calm enough waters so we switched to Maui after reading Frommers recommendations on best beaches. Yet it seems the beaches in Maui either have very little beach (sand) or very strong waves.
It's been extremely frustrateing and we feel like maybe we were a little presumptuous and jumped the gun in booking Hawaii and the Carribean would have been more practical for us.
Any help would be so very much appreciated.
PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco - mid October
- 2 New York Yankee Station
- 3 Where to go? Family looking for the perfect vacation spot.
- 4 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 5 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 6 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 7 Vegas hotels for families
- 8 Washington DC and NYC - What to book ahead of time?
- 9 Lake Rabun Hotel
- 10 what to do in the St. Louis area Oct.12 thru Oct19
- 11 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 12 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 13 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 14 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 15 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 16 Please advise: Mobile Natchez Nola or Mobile Nola Natchez Nola?
- 17 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 18 New York itinerary for 5 or 6 days
- 19 Thanksgiving in St. Louis
- 20 Morgan Library. Been there? Places to eat nearby?
- 21 Best place to eat in Portland (Oregon) Airport?
- 22 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 23 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving from SF to LA in 3d/2n
- 24 Navajo guide in Canyon de Chelly?
- 25 best of yellowstone