My wife and I are going to Hawaii for our anniversary in mid-October and really need some help. The biggest challenge has been finding a nice calm beach in Maui where my wife, who doesn't swim very well, can walk in the water may be snorkel with a noodle right off shore, etc. We're getting more and more disappointed as we try to book accomodations because every beach we look at seems to be for people who really can swim, surf, etc., particularly in October (or thereafter).
Our plan is to be there for 9 nights, on 2 islands. Presently we are flying into BI and out of Maui. For BI we booked at the Fairmont Orchid which really sounds perfect. If anyone has an opinion otherwise please let me know.
For the second island, we were originally planning to go to Kauai instead of Maui because it sounded gorgeous with so many beautiful natural wonders, but then it seemed like there were no resorts/condos on beaches with calm enough waters so we switched to Maui after reading Frommers recommendations on best beaches. Yet it seems the beaches in Maui either have very little beach (sand) or very strong waves.
It's been extremely frustrateing and we feel like maybe we were a little presumptuous and jumped the gun in booking Hawaii and the Carribean would have been more practical for us.
Any help would be so very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Napa Valley Hotel
- 2 Road trip from Boston to Florida
- 3 Movies to put you in the mood for a western road trip
- 4 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 5 Need Advice For Trip with 16year old son-
- 6 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 7 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
- 8 Christmas Napa Valley
- 9 Island of Oahu: looking for cheap accommodation
- 10 Southwest charging USD15/ for early bird check in
- 11 Sacramento to South Lake Tahoe to Riverside, CA
- 12 Your favourite places in New York City
- 13 Phone SIM
- 14 3 days in NYC with my Grandma!
- 15 Las vegas +21
- 16 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 17 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 18 Zion NP & Las Vegas with Kids for 3 days in July - Please Help
- 19 Trip Idea for Thanksgiving Break
- 20 Limited time on Maui: Advice please
- 21 Savanah Sojourn
- 22 Gotta Go To Stanford U Medical Center
- 23 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 24 San Francisco - Best place to see street art
- 25 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....