My wife and I are going to Hawaii for our anniversary in mid-October and really need some help. The biggest challenge has been finding a nice calm beach in Maui where my wife, who doesn't swim very well, can walk in the water may be snorkel with a noodle right off shore, etc. We're getting more and more disappointed as we try to book accomodations because every beach we look at seems to be for people who really can swim, surf, etc., particularly in October (or thereafter).
Our plan is to be there for 9 nights, on 2 islands. Presently we are flying into BI and out of Maui. For BI we booked at the Fairmont Orchid which really sounds perfect. If anyone has an opinion otherwise please let me know.
For the second island, we were originally planning to go to Kauai instead of Maui because it sounded gorgeous with so many beautiful natural wonders, but then it seemed like there were no resorts/condos on beaches with calm enough waters so we switched to Maui after reading Frommers recommendations on best beaches. Yet it seems the beaches in Maui either have very little beach (sand) or very strong waves.
It's been extremely frustrateing and we feel like maybe we were a little presumptuous and jumped the gun in booking Hawaii and the Carribean would have been more practical for us.
Any help would be so very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 One Call Plumber Goleta
- 2 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
- 3 Clear Roads From Seattle to Omaha 12-9-16?
- 4 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 5 Back from the Big Easy
- 6 Best May/Jun Yosemite lodging areas: Yosemite West, El Portal, or Wawona?
- 7 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 8 EWR to Midtown Manhattan
- 9 Driving from San Diego CA to Great lakes IL in FEB
- 10 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 11 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 12 IAH to HOU Questions
- 13 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 14 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 15 Jazzfest side trips
- 16 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 17 March in New Mexico
- 18 No Spam this morning!!
- 19 San Francisco transit options
- 20 yosemite -grand canyon- bryce and zion
- 21 Ideas for New York
- 22 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 23 Road Trip from Washington DC to Asheville NC
- 24 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 25 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....