My wife and I are going to Hawaii for our anniversary in mid-October and really need some help. The biggest challenge has been finding a nice calm beach in Maui where my wife, who doesn't swim very well, can walk in the water may be snorkel with a noodle right off shore, etc. We're getting more and more disappointed as we try to book accomodations because every beach we look at seems to be for people who really can swim, surf, etc., particularly in October (or thereafter).
Our plan is to be there for 9 nights, on 2 islands. Presently we are flying into BI and out of Maui. For BI we booked at the Fairmont Orchid which really sounds perfect. If anyone has an opinion otherwise please let me know.
For the second island, we were originally planning to go to Kauai instead of Maui because it sounded gorgeous with so many beautiful natural wonders, but then it seemed like there were no resorts/condos on beaches with calm enough waters so we switched to Maui after reading Frommers recommendations on best beaches. Yet it seems the beaches in Maui either have very little beach (sand) or very strong waves.
It's been extremely frustrateing and we feel like maybe we were a little presumptuous and jumped the gun in booking Hawaii and the Carribean would have been more practical for us.
Any help would be so very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle?
- 2 http://www.healthsupplementreview.com/exoslim-garcinia-combogia/
- 3 Washington DC to Niagara Falls
- 4 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 5 First Trip to New Mexico
- 6 Spring Break trip to National Park
- 7 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 8 Luxury Mountain Resort in PA or WV for sightseeing
- 9 Other Manhattan Hotels
- 10 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 11 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 12 November redwoods trip
- 13 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 14 Layover
- 15 Charleston - how long to stay?
- 16 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 17 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 18 Phantom of the Opera Row H Seats 101-102 thoughts?
- 19 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 20 Wedding gifts?
- 21 December Vacation in Florida by Beach
- 22 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 23 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 24 Parking a Ford Transit Passenger Van NYC
- 25 driving from Atlanta to Denver
PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....