My wife and I are going to Hawaii for our anniversary in mid-October and really need some help. The biggest challenge has been finding a nice calm beach in Maui where my wife, who doesn't swim very well, can walk in the water may be snorkel with a noodle right off shore, etc. We're getting more and more disappointed as we try to book accomodations because every beach we look at seems to be for people who really can swim, surf, etc., particularly in October (or thereafter).
Our plan is to be there for 9 nights, on 2 islands. Presently we are flying into BI and out of Maui. For BI we booked at the Fairmont Orchid which really sounds perfect. If anyone has an opinion otherwise please let me know.
For the second island, we were originally planning to go to Kauai instead of Maui because it sounded gorgeous with so many beautiful natural wonders, but then it seemed like there were no resorts/condos on beaches with calm enough waters so we switched to Maui after reading Frommers recommendations on best beaches. Yet it seems the beaches in Maui either have very little beach (sand) or very strong waves.
It's been extremely frustrateing and we feel like maybe we were a little presumptuous and jumped the gun in booking Hawaii and the Carribean would have been more practical for us.
Any help would be so very much appreciated.
PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....
- 1 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 2 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 3 Orlando to Salt Lake City route, end of January
- 4 US West Coast - Car or Camper
- 5 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 6 Madison Square Garden
- 7 hawaii for 10 weeks
- 8 Warm and don't Drive
- 9 Got Plans for New Year's Eve? Want to Count Down With a Giant Walleye?
- 10 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 11 Savanah Sojourn
- 12 St. Augustine, Florida
- 13 hotel near Met NYC
- 14 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 15 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 16 Are hotels in Waikiki really this bad?
- 17 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 18 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 19 NYC Rooftop bar with a view?
- 20 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 21 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 22 Hotels on Hilo side of the Big Island?
- 23 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 PRIDE OF AMERICA