My wife and I are going to Hawaii for our anniversary in mid-October and really need some help. The biggest challenge has been finding a nice calm beach in Maui where my wife, who doesn't swim very well, can walk in the water may be snorkel with a noodle right off shore, etc. We're getting more and more disappointed as we try to book accomodations because every beach we look at seems to be for people who really can swim, surf, etc., particularly in October (or thereafter).
Our plan is to be there for 9 nights, on 2 islands. Presently we are flying into BI and out of Maui. For BI we booked at the Fairmont Orchid which really sounds perfect. If anyone has an opinion otherwise please let me know.
For the second island, we were originally planning to go to Kauai instead of Maui because it sounded gorgeous with so many beautiful natural wonders, but then it seemed like there were no resorts/condos on beaches with calm enough waters so we switched to Maui after reading Frommers recommendations on best beaches. Yet it seems the beaches in Maui either have very little beach (sand) or very strong waves.
It's been extremely frustrateing and we feel like maybe we were a little presumptuous and jumped the gun in booking Hawaii and the Carribean would have been more practical for us.
Any help would be so very much appreciated.
PLEASE HELP!!!! need beach in maui for not-so-strong swimmer....
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?
- 2 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 3 Philly
- 4 Chelsea Antiques Garage flea market -- RIP
- 5 Santa Barbara, California
- 6 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 7 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 8 Hotel near Miami airport
- 9 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 10 Gulf Shores Restaurants
- 11 culpepper
- 12 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 13 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 14 Road Trip SW
- 15 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 16 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 17 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 18 Central Park Fall Foliage
- 19 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 20 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 21 ideas for pacific coast drive (CA)
- 22 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 23 Pacific Coast Hwy 10 days
- 24 Chicago trip
- 25 NYC IN AUGUST