I have been reading through the forums here and I am very impressed by the wealth of knowledge and how helpful everyone is. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I am flying into JFK in the early afternoon of a Sunday in mid March. I will be flying from Shanghai. I think it's about a 14 hour flight. I will be in NY for two weeks. I have booked accommodation from the friday in manhattan.
I am now trying to plan the first 5 nights. I really want to go to Atlantic City and Washington DC. I was thinking I could perhaps hire a car At JFK and drive to AC. Have a couple of nights there and then drive to Washington DC for a few nights and then drive back to NYC. Do you think this is a good idea?
Is the drive to AC easy from JFK or is there a better way to get there. I am traveling on my own. Do I have to drive through NYC? I am hoping not! I am hoping it's a pretty straightforward drive on freeways. Maybe I am being unrealistic. I am pretty confident with my driving ability - even though you drive on the wrong side of the road!
By the time I get out of airport it will probably be close to 5pm. I assume it's getting dark then. A part of me is worried I will be exhausted from flight and should stay the night somewhere and leave the next morning but then I think is that a waste of a night? If you think it's a better idea a stay a night somewhere where would be the best place? An airport hotel or go into NYC? If I go into NYC for a night should I get public transport to AC instead? I could then hire a car to drive to Washington DC from AC.
I really need help as trip is less than two months away and I don't know anyone that has done any trips like this. Nor do I know anyone from that area of the world to ask.
Thanks again. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 2 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 3 Venice, CA area
- 4 Mini Trip to Smithsonian Exhibits Facility
- 5 Colorado October 16-25, 2017
- 6 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 7 Southern California Sand Dunes - Oceano Dunes
- 8 Santa Fe Hotel
- 9 Wilmington DE questions
- 10 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 11 Blue Ridge Parkway/Great Smoky Mountains
- 12 Road Trip - SF to Sonoma
- 13 Central California Coast Road Trip - Pismo Beach to Monterey
- 14 Palo Alto Transit Center To Facebook HQ
- 15 Vancouver to Washington State
- 16 NYC - Pastrami sandwich near library, Grand Central Station, St Patrick's
- 17 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 18 JFK Terminal 4 to Terminal 8
- 19 Tahoe - Plumpjack Inn vs. Basecamp Hotel
- 20 New England Tour
- 21 Rhode Island Get Away
- 22 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 23 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
- 24 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 25 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
Please help me plan trip from NYC to Atlantic City/Washington