I have been reading through the forums here and I am very impressed by the wealth of knowledge and how helpful everyone is. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I am flying into JFK in the early afternoon of a Sunday in mid March. I will be flying from Shanghai. I think it's about a 14 hour flight. I will be in NY for two weeks. I have booked accommodation from the friday in manhattan.
I am now trying to plan the first 5 nights. I really want to go to Atlantic City and Washington DC. I was thinking I could perhaps hire a car At JFK and drive to AC. Have a couple of nights there and then drive to Washington DC for a few nights and then drive back to NYC. Do you think this is a good idea?
Is the drive to AC easy from JFK or is there a better way to get there. I am traveling on my own. Do I have to drive through NYC? I am hoping not! I am hoping it's a pretty straightforward drive on freeways. Maybe I am being unrealistic. I am pretty confident with my driving ability - even though you drive on the wrong side of the road!
By the time I get out of airport it will probably be close to 5pm. I assume it's getting dark then. A part of me is worried I will be exhausted from flight and should stay the night somewhere and leave the next morning but then I think is that a waste of a night? If you think it's a better idea a stay a night somewhere where would be the best place? An airport hotel or go into NYC? If I go into NYC for a night should I get public transport to AC instead? I could then hire a car to drive to Washington DC from AC.
I really need help as trip is less than two months away and I don't know anyone that has done any trips like this. Nor do I know anyone from that area of the world to ask.
Thanks again. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Please help me plan trip from NYC to Atlantic City/Washington
- 1 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 2 RIP Judy Rogers
- 3 The impossible dream: Bypassing I-95 between DC and Richmond
- 4 San Diego Desert Trip in January
- 5 Warm and don't Drive
- 6 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 7 BASEBALL SPRING TRAINING-SCOTTSDALE
- 8 First time to Austin-San Antonio area
- 9 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 10 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 11 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 12 hotel near Met NYC
- 13 NY - Tapas/Wine bar in theater district
- 14 Roadtrip New Orleans, Vicksburg, Montgomery, Mobile, New Orleans
- 15 Princeville in January
- 16 Good mobile booking apps for Kansas City area
- 17 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 18 pa to az
- 19 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013
- 20 Savanah Sojourn
- 21 dog friendly hotels websites--any others than bringfido.com?
- 22 Christmas Day Dinner in Charleston SC
- 23 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 24 Calling Cards for Hawaii Travelers?
- 25 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)