I have been reading through the forums here and I am very impressed by the wealth of knowledge and how helpful everyone is. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I am flying into JFK in the early afternoon of a Sunday in mid March. I will be flying from Shanghai. I think it's about a 14 hour flight. I will be in NY for two weeks. I have booked accommodation from the friday in manhattan.
I am now trying to plan the first 5 nights. I really want to go to Atlantic City and Washington DC. I was thinking I could perhaps hire a car At JFK and drive to AC. Have a couple of nights there and then drive to Washington DC for a few nights and then drive back to NYC. Do you think this is a good idea?
Is the drive to AC easy from JFK or is there a better way to get there. I am traveling on my own. Do I have to drive through NYC? I am hoping not! I am hoping it's a pretty straightforward drive on freeways. Maybe I am being unrealistic. I am pretty confident with my driving ability - even though you drive on the wrong side of the road!
By the time I get out of airport it will probably be close to 5pm. I assume it's getting dark then. A part of me is worried I will be exhausted from flight and should stay the night somewhere and leave the next morning but then I think is that a waste of a night? If you think it's a better idea a stay a night somewhere where would be the best place? An airport hotel or go into NYC? If I go into NYC for a night should I get public transport to AC instead? I could then hire a car to drive to Washington DC from AC.
I really need help as trip is less than two months away and I don't know anyone that has done any trips like this. Nor do I know anyone from that area of the world to ask.
Thanks again. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://newmusclesupplement.com/endovex/
- 2 http://powerupmale.com/auvela-serum/
- 3 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 4 Is the power adapter plug necessary
- 5 Central Coast CA kayaking?
- 6 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 7 Heading to Asheville, NC
- 8 Las vegas hotel off the beaten path
- 9 Driving from Glacier National Park to Hood River
- 10 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 11 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 12 Family trip Las Vegas to Zion, Bryce, Page, GC and Sedona?
- 13 Baltimore Weekend
- 14 Dinosaur National Monument
- 15 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 16 Miami airport--safety??
- 17 Road trip LA to Phoenix via Grand Canyon
- 18 US whole month of January where to
- 19 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 20 Is Yosemite worth going too in July?
- 21 Road Trip-San Francisco and Los Angeles
- 22 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 23 Things to do in Toronto
- 24 Antelope Canyon visit in August - best time
- 25 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
Please help me plan trip from NYC to Atlantic City/Washington