I have been reading through the forums here and I am very impressed by the wealth of knowledge and how helpful everyone is. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I am flying into JFK in the early afternoon of a Sunday in mid March. I will be flying from Shanghai. I think it's about a 14 hour flight. I will be in NY for two weeks. I have booked accommodation from the friday in manhattan.
I am now trying to plan the first 5 nights. I really want to go to Atlantic City and Washington DC. I was thinking I could perhaps hire a car At JFK and drive to AC. Have a couple of nights there and then drive to Washington DC for a few nights and then drive back to NYC. Do you think this is a good idea?
Is the drive to AC easy from JFK or is there a better way to get there. I am traveling on my own. Do I have to drive through NYC? I am hoping not! I am hoping it's a pretty straightforward drive on freeways. Maybe I am being unrealistic. I am pretty confident with my driving ability - even though you drive on the wrong side of the road!
By the time I get out of airport it will probably be close to 5pm. I assume it's getting dark then. A part of me is worried I will be exhausted from flight and should stay the night somewhere and leave the next morning but then I think is that a waste of a night? If you think it's a better idea a stay a night somewhere where would be the best place? An airport hotel or go into NYC? If I go into NYC for a night should I get public transport to AC instead? I could then hire a car to drive to Washington DC from AC.
I really need help as trip is less than two months away and I don't know anyone that has done any trips like this. Nor do I know anyone from that area of the world to ask.
Thanks again. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bedford Stuyvesant
- 2 Coors Field Security for Zac Brown
- 3 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 4 Road trip from San Francisco to San Diego
- 5 Withdrawing cash to buy a car
- 6 Itinerary help for Boston and Islands
- 7 Would Torrey be a good base for Moab/Canyonlands
- 8 Flower Piano
- 9 Need Help w/ Itinerary-Redwood NP, Mendocino, Sea Ranch Lodge
- 10 Maine weather and temps
- 11 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 12 Road Trip Itinerary Help
- 13 Relocation help - move to cool climate
- 14 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 15 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 16 Yosemite conditions next 5 days - too smoky?
- 17 Newport RI Jazz Festival
- 18 How long to spend at Lassen Volcanic NP?
- 19 Need some itinerary help with Las Vegas to Phoenix road trip
- 20 Key West July 2017 - Here We Go Again!
- 21 Suggestions on Timing for Denali Shuttle Tour?
- 22 Alcatrez sold out
- 23 Key West - Kids Friendly?
- 24 WA to CT
- 25 The Frugals Go To Maine
Please help me plan trip from NYC to Atlantic City/Washington