I have been reading through the forums here and I am very impressed by the wealth of knowledge and how helpful everyone is. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I am flying into JFK in the early afternoon of a Sunday in mid March. I will be flying from Shanghai. I think it's about a 14 hour flight. I will be in NY for two weeks. I have booked accommodation from the friday in manhattan.
I am now trying to plan the first 5 nights. I really want to go to Atlantic City and Washington DC. I was thinking I could perhaps hire a car At JFK and drive to AC. Have a couple of nights there and then drive to Washington DC for a few nights and then drive back to NYC. Do you think this is a good idea?
Is the drive to AC easy from JFK or is there a better way to get there. I am traveling on my own. Do I have to drive through NYC? I am hoping not! I am hoping it's a pretty straightforward drive on freeways. Maybe I am being unrealistic. I am pretty confident with my driving ability - even though you drive on the wrong side of the road!
By the time I get out of airport it will probably be close to 5pm. I assume it's getting dark then. A part of me is worried I will be exhausted from flight and should stay the night somewhere and leave the next morning but then I think is that a waste of a night? If you think it's a better idea a stay a night somewhere where would be the best place? An airport hotel or go into NYC? If I go into NYC for a night should I get public transport to AC instead? I could then hire a car to drive to Washington DC from AC.
I really need help as trip is less than two months away and I don't know anyone that has done any trips like this. Nor do I know anyone from that area of the world to ask.
Thanks again. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Inter-island time Hawaii
- 2 Itinerary to America - Guidance Needed
- 3 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 4 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 5 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 6 Not sure how long and how to explore the florida keys
- 7 Hotels in Beaufort, SC and Charleston, SC
- 8 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 9 Seattle to San Francisco
- 10 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 11 San Francisco and Napa
- 12 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 13 Relocating to the Deep South
- 14 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 15 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 16 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 17 Warren & Annbelle's Maui
- 18 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 19 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 20 Budget NYC hotel
- 21 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 22 Timeshare on Cape Cod
- 23 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 24 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 25 Best place for first night; Beach?
Please help me plan trip from NYC to Atlantic City/Washington