I have been reading through the forums here and I am very impressed by the wealth of knowledge and how helpful everyone is. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I am flying into JFK in the early afternoon of a Sunday in mid March. I will be flying from Shanghai. I think it's about a 14 hour flight. I will be in NY for two weeks. I have booked accommodation from the friday in manhattan.
I am now trying to plan the first 5 nights. I really want to go to Atlantic City and Washington DC. I was thinking I could perhaps hire a car At JFK and drive to AC. Have a couple of nights there and then drive to Washington DC for a few nights and then drive back to NYC. Do you think this is a good idea?
Is the drive to AC easy from JFK or is there a better way to get there. I am traveling on my own. Do I have to drive through NYC? I am hoping not! I am hoping it's a pretty straightforward drive on freeways. Maybe I am being unrealistic. I am pretty confident with my driving ability - even though you drive on the wrong side of the road!
By the time I get out of airport it will probably be close to 5pm. I assume it's getting dark then. A part of me is worried I will be exhausted from flight and should stay the night somewhere and leave the next morning but then I think is that a waste of a night? If you think it's a better idea a stay a night somewhere where would be the best place? An airport hotel or go into NYC? If I go into NYC for a night should I get public transport to AC instead? I could then hire a car to drive to Washington DC from AC.
I really need help as trip is less than two months away and I don't know anyone that has done any trips like this. Nor do I know anyone from that area of the world to ask.
Thanks again. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 2 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 3 Where to stay to visit Glacier National Park
- 4 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 5 Travelling from NYC to Washington Depot
- 6 Are you sick from Alaskan tour?
- 7 May 2016 Trip to the Big Island
- 8 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 9 First Trip to New Mexico
- 10 JFK TO MANHATTEN
- 11 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
- 12 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 13 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 14 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 15 San Antonio shopping
- 16 Which island for R&R?
- 17 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 18 blue ridge parkway?
- 19 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 20 Cross country road trip to the east coast- here we go...
- 21 Warning: Recent increase in violent crime in New Orleans' French Quarter
- 22 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 23 San Diego, mission valley
- 24 California trip .. some guidance needed
- 25 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
Please help me plan trip from NYC to Atlantic City/Washington