I have been reading through the forums here and I am very impressed by the wealth of knowledge and how helpful everyone is. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I am flying into JFK in the early afternoon of a Sunday in mid March. I will be flying from Shanghai. I think it's about a 14 hour flight. I will be in NY for two weeks. I have booked accommodation from the friday in manhattan.
I am now trying to plan the first 5 nights. I really want to go to Atlantic City and Washington DC. I was thinking I could perhaps hire a car At JFK and drive to AC. Have a couple of nights there and then drive to Washington DC for a few nights and then drive back to NYC. Do you think this is a good idea?
Is the drive to AC easy from JFK or is there a better way to get there. I am traveling on my own. Do I have to drive through NYC? I am hoping not! I am hoping it's a pretty straightforward drive on freeways. Maybe I am being unrealistic. I am pretty confident with my driving ability - even though you drive on the wrong side of the road!
By the time I get out of airport it will probably be close to 5pm. I assume it's getting dark then. A part of me is worried I will be exhausted from flight and should stay the night somewhere and leave the next morning but then I think is that a waste of a night? If you think it's a better idea a stay a night somewhere where would be the best place? An airport hotel or go into NYC? If I go into NYC for a night should I get public transport to AC instead? I could then hire a car to drive to Washington DC from AC.
I really need help as trip is less than two months away and I don't know anyone that has done any trips like this. Nor do I know anyone from that area of the world to ask.
Thanks again. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help with road trip from Los Angeles to Utah
- 2 Best restaurants?! - first time to NYC!
- 3 Lake Tahoe or ?
- 4 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 5 Grand Canyon From Phoenix
- 6 Planning Rim2Rim Hike at Grand Canyon
- 7 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 8 OBX Corolla vs Nags Head as a Base for Sight Seeing?
- 9 Where to Spend Two Weeks in Florida in February
- 10 Extended weekend beach get away
- 11 Parking US OPEN
- 12 11 Days in Washington State and northern Oregon: what to do?
- 13 GPS app without data
- 14 Steamboat in August
- 15 Portland, Oregon, hotel: downtown or waterfront?
- 16 Southern history- walkable cities
- 17 Scenic mountain views near Spokane
- 18 Autumn in Maine
- 19 10 days vacation in Maine
- 20 One night one day in dallas accommodation
- 21 san fransisco to crater lake
- 22 Desert Southwest
- 23 JFK 10 hour layover-World Trade Center + ?
- 24 Moving from Fresno CA to highpoint NC
- 25 Zion and Bryce in July
Please help me plan trip from NYC to Atlantic City/Washington