I have been reading through the forums here and I am very impressed by the wealth of knowledge and how helpful everyone is. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I am flying into JFK in the early afternoon of a Sunday in mid March. I will be flying from Shanghai. I think it's about a 14 hour flight. I will be in NY for two weeks. I have booked accommodation from the friday in manhattan.
I am now trying to plan the first 5 nights. I really want to go to Atlantic City and Washington DC. I was thinking I could perhaps hire a car At JFK and drive to AC. Have a couple of nights there and then drive to Washington DC for a few nights and then drive back to NYC. Do you think this is a good idea?
Is the drive to AC easy from JFK or is there a better way to get there. I am traveling on my own. Do I have to drive through NYC? I am hoping not! I am hoping it's a pretty straightforward drive on freeways. Maybe I am being unrealistic. I am pretty confident with my driving ability - even though you drive on the wrong side of the road!
By the time I get out of airport it will probably be close to 5pm. I assume it's getting dark then. A part of me is worried I will be exhausted from flight and should stay the night somewhere and leave the next morning but then I think is that a waste of a night? If you think it's a better idea a stay a night somewhere where would be the best place? An airport hotel or go into NYC? If I go into NYC for a night should I get public transport to AC instead? I could then hire a car to drive to Washington DC from AC.
I really need help as trip is less than two months away and I don't know anyone that has done any trips like this. Nor do I know anyone from that area of the world to ask.
Thanks again. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Jhol ☎ HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681 :7208 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 2 Anyone use Hawaiian Airlines?
- 3 Montana, Wyoming ideas including beartooth highway and little big hotn
- 4 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 5 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 6 South Dakota to Bryce Canyon and what to do in between...
- 7 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 8 PNC Park ~ convenient hotel?
- 9 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 10 Road trip from arizona to seattle.
- 11 Trail Ridge Road Will be Closed This Weekend
- 12 Best Time to Travel the West Coast (USA)
- 13 10 Days in Maine
- 14 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 15 Big Island - Best Way to See Lava and Waterfalls?
- 16 Boston for a cruise: South end? Downtown?
- 17 sugestions
- 18 Drive from Chicago to Yellowstone and back
- 19 Big Sur and Scenic Hwy 1 in CA.
- 20 Miami for 2 days
- 21 More problems for Big Sur
- 22 Yosemite Trip May 2017
- 23 Saratoga Springs, NY - affordable hotel?
- 24 Las Vegas trip report
- 25 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
Please help me plan trip from NYC to Atlantic City/Washington