I have been reading through the forums here and I am very impressed by the wealth of knowledge and how helpful everyone is. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I am flying into JFK in the early afternoon of a Sunday in mid March. I will be flying from Shanghai. I think it's about a 14 hour flight. I will be in NY for two weeks. I have booked accommodation from the friday in manhattan.
I am now trying to plan the first 5 nights. I really want to go to Atlantic City and Washington DC. I was thinking I could perhaps hire a car At JFK and drive to AC. Have a couple of nights there and then drive to Washington DC for a few nights and then drive back to NYC. Do you think this is a good idea?
Is the drive to AC easy from JFK or is there a better way to get there. I am traveling on my own. Do I have to drive through NYC? I am hoping not! I am hoping it's a pretty straightforward drive on freeways. Maybe I am being unrealistic. I am pretty confident with my driving ability - even though you drive on the wrong side of the road!
By the time I get out of airport it will probably be close to 5pm. I assume it's getting dark then. A part of me is worried I will be exhausted from flight and should stay the night somewhere and leave the next morning but then I think is that a waste of a night? If you think it's a better idea a stay a night somewhere where would be the best place? An airport hotel or go into NYC? If I go into NYC for a night should I get public transport to AC instead? I could then hire a car to drive to Washington DC from AC.
I really need help as trip is less than two months away and I don't know anyone that has done any trips like this. Nor do I know anyone from that area of the world to ask.
Thanks again. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 2 Bed and Breakfast
- 3 Route from South Rim Grand Canyon to Moab?
- 4 Weekend Getaway with Sights and Horsebackriding Help!!
- 5 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 6 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 7 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 8 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 9 Lake Tahoe Honeymoon
- 10 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 11 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 12 Looking for a Bed and breakfast
- 13 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 14 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 15 The Williamsburg Wedding
- 16 Mass Pike Electronic Tolling starts 10/28
- 17 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 18 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 19 OHare car service north suburbs
- 20 Yellowstone
- 21 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 22 Reasonable accommodations in Wyoming
- 23 Ah, The California Wine Country!
- 24 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 25 Wine Bars in Hollywood / Fort Lauderdale
Please help me plan trip from NYC to Atlantic City/Washington