I have been reading through the forums here and I am very impressed by the wealth of knowledge and how helpful everyone is. Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I am flying into JFK in the early afternoon of a Sunday in mid March. I will be flying from Shanghai. I think it's about a 14 hour flight. I will be in NY for two weeks. I have booked accommodation from the friday in manhattan.
I am now trying to plan the first 5 nights. I really want to go to Atlantic City and Washington DC. I was thinking I could perhaps hire a car At JFK and drive to AC. Have a couple of nights there and then drive to Washington DC for a few nights and then drive back to NYC. Do you think this is a good idea?
Is the drive to AC easy from JFK or is there a better way to get there. I am traveling on my own. Do I have to drive through NYC? I am hoping not! I am hoping it's a pretty straightforward drive on freeways. Maybe I am being unrealistic. I am pretty confident with my driving ability - even though you drive on the wrong side of the road!
By the time I get out of airport it will probably be close to 5pm. I assume it's getting dark then. A part of me is worried I will be exhausted from flight and should stay the night somewhere and leave the next morning but then I think is that a waste of a night? If you think it's a better idea a stay a night somewhere where would be the best place? An airport hotel or go into NYC? If I go into NYC for a night should I get public transport to AC instead? I could then hire a car to drive to Washington DC from AC.
I really need help as trip is less than two months away and I don't know anyone that has done any trips like this. Nor do I know anyone from that area of the world to ask.
Thanks again. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Laguardia to Niagara Falls (US side)
- 2 Info about Newseum Parking in D.C.
- 3 Snow in Cloudcroft i March
- 4 LA to Carlsbad, 7 days, December
- 5 Washington DC to Orlando
- 6 Nantucket ferry - how badly did I miscalculate?
- 7 big one ?
- 8 Seattle first timers....outdoor trip in October
- 9 Long Island near Brookhaven
- 10 Florida for a while
- 11 Best way from LaGuardia to Stamford
- 12 Rental car question
- 13 Tri Rail train to Lauderdale by the Sea
- 14 Thank God I'm a Mountain Girl
- 15 Best Fall Foliage in NM and CO?
- 16 5 or 6 day road trip from Seattle
- 17 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 18 Renting camper van/ motor home
- 19 Foliage in Vermont
- 20 Hiking Sandia Mountains
- 21 Grand Canyon hike
- 22 Florida apartments/condos?
- 23 Leesburg VA area restaurants
- 24 Guys Ski Trip in Breckenridge
- 25 NYC - 2 days and nights mid week in May
Please help me plan trip from NYC to Atlantic City/Washington