I am trying to plan a trip out west in early September. We will be taking our 5th wheel with us and our 3 young boys. We will be leaving from Indiana and planning on driving as far towards the Badlands in SD the first day, sleeping in a WalMart parking lot when we cannot continue driving and then getting back on the road to reach the Badlands by day two. Going through the Badlands and then reaching Mt Rushmore by that evening to see it. Then, depending on our stamina, we will either stop overnight or continue towards Yellowstone, stopping at some point along the way to get more sleep. After that, I am lost!!! So many choices and we only have two weeks. I need help in planning where to go, what to see, where to camp, how to dress, etc... Wanting also to stop at Jackson Hole, WY as I heard there are staged gunfights, stagecoach rides, dude ranches, etc... Things that really appeal to boys! I appreciate any advice, suggestions, or help anyone can give. This trip is my husband's life dream and I really want to have it well-planned. Thank you!
Please help me plan a 2wk RV trip out to Yellowstone area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 7 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 8 How to dress in Vegas
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 11 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 USA trip
- 16 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 17 Chicago Questions
- 18 Air Connections on Maui
- 19 camaro hire in waikiki
- 20 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 25 Orlando for Work