I am trying to plan a trip out west in early September. We will be taking our 5th wheel with us and our 3 young boys. We will be leaving from Indiana and planning on driving as far towards the Badlands in SD the first day, sleeping in a WalMart parking lot when we cannot continue driving and then getting back on the road to reach the Badlands by day two. Going through the Badlands and then reaching Mt Rushmore by that evening to see it. Then, depending on our stamina, we will either stop overnight or continue towards Yellowstone, stopping at some point along the way to get more sleep. After that, I am lost!!! So many choices and we only have two weeks. I need help in planning where to go, what to see, where to camp, how to dress, etc... Wanting also to stop at Jackson Hole, WY as I heard there are staged gunfights, stagecoach rides, dude ranches, etc... Things that really appeal to boys! I appreciate any advice, suggestions, or help anyone can give. This trip is my husband's life dream and I really want to have it well-planned. Thank you!
Please help me plan a 2wk RV trip out to Yellowstone area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 2 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 3 Romantic destination in the US
- 4 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 5 Moving out of states from Florida
- 6 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 7 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 8 family road trip
- 9 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 10 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 11 Alaska Trip Planning
- 12 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 13 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 14 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 15 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 16 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 17 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 18 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 19 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 20 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 21 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 22 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?
- 23 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 24 Weddings. Vermont. Anybody know Pitcher Inn or Mad River Barn?
- 25 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston