I am trying to plan a trip out west in early September. We will be taking our 5th wheel with us and our 3 young boys. We will be leaving from Indiana and planning on driving as far towards the Badlands in SD the first day, sleeping in a WalMart parking lot when we cannot continue driving and then getting back on the road to reach the Badlands by day two. Going through the Badlands and then reaching Mt Rushmore by that evening to see it. Then, depending on our stamina, we will either stop overnight or continue towards Yellowstone, stopping at some point along the way to get more sleep. After that, I am lost!!! So many choices and we only have two weeks. I need help in planning where to go, what to see, where to camp, how to dress, etc... Wanting also to stop at Jackson Hole, WY as I heard there are staged gunfights, stagecoach rides, dude ranches, etc... Things that really appeal to boys! I appreciate any advice, suggestions, or help anyone can give. This trip is my husband's life dream and I really want to have it well-planned. Thank you!
Please help me plan a 2wk RV trip out to Yellowstone area
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Diego Trip Report
- 2 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 3 Washington, DC to Boston
- 4 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 5 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 6 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 7 rain in Kauai
- 8 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 9 Drive from Lake Winnipesaukee to Portland, ME.
- 10 Meredith or Wolfeboro
- 11 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 12 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 13 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 16 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 17 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 18 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 19 Driving into Manhattan route?
- 20 A few hours in Salt Lake City
- 21 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 22 Phoenix restaurants
- 23 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 24 Where to Go for Labor Day Weekend??
- 25 Road trip to include Boston and Concord: where to stay?