DH and i will be in chicago from july 1 - 5 ... we're staying @ the swissotel on wacker. we're very active travellers (we move fast). DH is at a conference in new orleans before arriving in chicago, and i'll be flying in from toronto to meet him there. we plan to buy a transit pass and take advantage of public transit during our trip. we aren't culture vultures but want to see some of the main attractions without overdoing it. when traveling, we tend to get an early start (i.e. quick breakfast in the room and out of the hotel by 8 am) and are in bed early (super happy when i'm in bed by 11 pm!) ... i'm SLIGHTLY concerned about the potentially late night on the saturday ... followed by an early morning flight. but i think we'll survive! some of the activities are weather dependent -- i.e. don't want to do the boat tour or bike ride in the pouring rain. but here's our draft itinerary ... please comment/critique!
wednesday, july 1
- arrive @ ORD: my flight arrives @ 1:30 pm, DH arrives at 5 pm
- check into hotel
- dinner @ giordano’s (prudential plaza – call ahead to order pie)
- shopping around state street
- navy pier fireworks
thursday, july 2
- rent bikes with Bike Chicago – bike up and down waterfront path, grant park, millenium park, museum campus
- shopping on Mag Mile
- dinner @ Portillo’s
- cubs game
friday, july 3
- breakfast @ bongo room
- shedd aquarium (buying tickets in advance via ticketmaster)
- CAF architectural boat tour (3:30 pm tour - buying tickets when we arrive on the 1st)
- dinner @ frontera grill (6 pm reservations)
- drinks/dessert @ signature lounge (???)
- city of chicago fireworks (hopefully from our hotel room or randolph street)
saturday, july 4
- art institute of chicago
- shopping on mag mile or state street
- dinner @ al’s beef
- blue chicago
sunday, july 5
- early morning flight home
please critique my chicago itinerary
- 1 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 2 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 3 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 4 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 5 Our Yellowstone Plans
- 6 ETHNIC RESTAURANTS IN DC W/ ETHNIC ENTERTAINMENT
- 7 stay near newark or nyc
- 8 Cape Ann area
- 9 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 10 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 11 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 12 Kauai golf
- 13 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 14 Pick up north of Boston Logan
- 15 Need inexpensive trip: Northeastern Arkansas or Amarillo/Palo Duro Canyon?
- 16 Traveling the upper west coast into vancouver
- 17 Looking for "cheap and cheerful" hotel in Miami!
- 18 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 19 Which boat tour to take in New York with kids in June?
- 20 Sonoma CA Accommodations
- 21 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 22 Minneapolis Hotel
- 23 Place for lunch in Philly?
- 24 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today
- 25 South Tahoe around July 4 - GTG?