Hello US Friends,
this is the itinerary I would like to suggest to my family for a long overdue trip to the States. But before I do, I wanted to get some advice from the locals.
We are travelling from Italy, kids are in their 20's - one works in the wine industry and we all like eating, drinking, cities, walking, driving....
Rome -San Francisco 2/3 days in the city
3 days Driving round Napa Valley
Head South stopping one night Carmel/Monterey
One night St Louis Obispo
2 nights L.A:
2 nights San Diego
Fly to Los Cabos (San Lucas or San José?) for 4 nights
Fly to Houston (1 night to visit old friend)
Fly to New York - 3 nights
Day 21 fly back to Rome
My questions are...is it worth stopping in San Diego? We have never been there but we have been to L.A.
Is Los Cabos fun? Worth the trip in February? Presumably too cold to swim. Is it an interesting place to visit? We don't really go for resorts or mega hotels but we did want to go somewhere warm with a good vibe. (will also post this on Mexico forum)
Any suggestions for things to do/see/eat on this trip.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Please comment on proposed US itinerary
Hello US Friends,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Travel West Coast
- 2 Rafting near Denali
- 3 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 4 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 5 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 6 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 7 Where to go in Maine?
- 8 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 9 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 10 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 11 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 12 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 13 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 14 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 15 Colorado in the summer!
- 16 Kennebunkport and....?
- 17 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 18 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 19 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 20 WISCONSIN
- 21 Jersey City Parking
- 22 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 23 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 24 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH