Hello US Friends,
this is the itinerary I would like to suggest to my family for a long overdue trip to the States. But before I do, I wanted to get some advice from the locals.
We are travelling from Italy, kids are in their 20's - one works in the wine industry and we all like eating, drinking, cities, walking, driving....
Rome -San Francisco 2/3 days in the city
3 days Driving round Napa Valley
Head South stopping one night Carmel/Monterey
One night St Louis Obispo
2 nights L.A:
2 nights San Diego
Fly to Los Cabos (San Lucas or San José?) for 4 nights
Fly to Houston (1 night to visit old friend)
Fly to New York - 3 nights
Day 21 fly back to Rome
My questions are...is it worth stopping in San Diego? We have never been there but we have been to L.A.
Is Los Cabos fun? Worth the trip in February? Presumably too cold to swim. Is it an interesting place to visit? We don't really go for resorts or mega hotels but we did want to go somewhere warm with a good vibe. (will also post this on Mexico forum)
Any suggestions for things to do/see/eat on this trip.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Antonio, Texas
- 2 Maui/Kauai Honeymoon Itinerary - hotel help?
- 3 Snow for next Christmas within a day's drive from Florida
- 4 New England Road Trip Itinerary
- 5 CAJUN region, plus NEW ORLEANS
- 6 Uber boston
- 7 Week long trip--Dallas/Austin/SA
- 8 Boston Airport Hotels
- 9 JFK terminal 4 to terminal 8, can we make it?
- 10 Frederick, MD, with dog and teen daughter
- 11 First trip to Colorado -- driving from Tennessee
- 12 Traveling to CO, worried about altitude sickness!
- 13 7 day Road Trip from Boise, ID
- 14 Parking in Naples Florida
- 15 State capitol buildings -- a two-thirds through ranking
- 16 Colorado Itinerary
- 17 Best Hilton location/hotel in New York
- 18 What is there to do on MAUI
- 19 Huntington Beach to Yosemite
- 20 Best place to live in the USA for doctors
- 21 Grand Teton National Park Review
- 22 Fodor's Travel QA Test_20170123104914
- 23 Any Sanibel experts?
- 24 Accomodations in GNP and beyond
- 25 Naples/ Fort Myers
Hello US Friends,