Hello US Friends,
this is the itinerary I would like to suggest to my family for a long overdue trip to the States. But before I do, I wanted to get some advice from the locals.
We are travelling from Italy, kids are in their 20's - one works in the wine industry and we all like eating, drinking, cities, walking, driving....
Rome -San Francisco 2/3 days in the city
3 days Driving round Napa Valley
Head South stopping one night Carmel/Monterey
One night St Louis Obispo
2 nights L.A:
2 nights San Diego
Fly to Los Cabos (San Lucas or San José?) for 4 nights
Fly to Houston (1 night to visit old friend)
Fly to New York - 3 nights
Day 21 fly back to Rome
My questions are...is it worth stopping in San Diego? We have never been there but we have been to L.A.
Is Los Cabos fun? Worth the trip in February? Presumably too cold to swim. Is it an interesting place to visit? We don't really go for resorts or mega hotels but we did want to go somewhere warm with a good vibe. (will also post this on Mexico forum)
Any suggestions for things to do/see/eat on this trip.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mendocino Hiking
- 2 Running kissimmee Florida
- 3 One afternoon and evening to kill in San Fran
- 4 Looking for pretty waterfront hotel for weekend trip from Detroit
- 5 Itinerary Advice for SLC - Moab - Zion
- 6 LOWER Antelope Canyon
- 7 Maine in late October
- 8 Monterey whale watching
- 9 Need NYC help. Need to get from city out to Millford, NJ.
- 10 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 11 Aug Weekend Colorado - Stay in Carbondale, Snowmass or Redstone
- 12 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 13 5 days in Portland and Willamette wine country
- 14 Coast Starlight Amtrak
- 15 Mackinac or Holland?
- 16 Nantucket vs. Jersey Shore
- 17 Grand Canyon Rafting - paddle, oar, or motorized
- 18 Memphis to Dallas
- 19 Ideas for 2 day/1 night Oct. side trip from NYC
- 20 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 21 The New Whitney
- 22 1.5 days in Chicago
- 23 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?
- 24 Highway 1 motels
- 25 Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park
Hello US Friends,