Husband and I are planning a fall foliage driving tour of New England this October. We are thinking of spending a total of 11 nights (October 5th-16th), inclusive of three nights in Boston, and flying in and out of Boston. Please comment whether this preliminary outline makes any sense as I am not attached to it to and can amend my plans:
Boston - 3 nights
Drive up the coast to Maine - spend one-two nights
Drive West to Conway/Jackson area - spend two nights
Drive West to Stowe - spend two nights
Drive South to Woodstock - spend two nights
Spend last night somewhere (Concord ?) with an easy access to Boston/Logan for a p.m. flight back to LA.
As I noted, I am o.k. with adjusting this preliminary plan as needed, eliminating some points and adding others, if it makes more sense. I can also extend this trip by a day, leaving on the 4th.
Thank you all for your comments.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Utah National Parks visit
- 2 universal studios and disney
- 3 marriot cypress harbour
- 4 Savannah hotel
- 5 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 6 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 7 Hotel in Reno
- 8 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 9 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 10 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 11 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 12 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 13 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 14 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 15 Retiring to Tucson
- 16 Trinity Site, NM
- 17 Santa Fe Itineray
- 18 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 19 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 20 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 21 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 22 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 23 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 24 North Carolina airports
- 25 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks