Husband and I are planning a fall foliage driving tour of New England this October. We are thinking of spending a total of 11 nights (October 5th-16th), inclusive of three nights in Boston, and flying in and out of Boston. Please comment whether this preliminary outline makes any sense as I am not attached to it to and can amend my plans:
Boston - 3 nights
Drive up the coast to Maine - spend one-two nights
Drive West to Conway/Jackson area - spend two nights
Drive West to Stowe - spend two nights
Drive South to Woodstock - spend two nights
Spend last night somewhere (Concord ?) with an easy access to Boston/Logan for a p.m. flight back to LA.
As I noted, I am o.k. with adjusting this preliminary plan as needed, eliminating some points and adding others, if it makes more sense. I can also extend this trip by a day, leaving on the 4th.
Thank you all for your comments.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brit worried about weather in Santa Barbara !
- 2 $ nights SF - 1 Night to drive the coast - 5 nights LA
- 3 Advice on 4 day itinerary in NYC in June 2015
- 4 Hilton Head
- 5 4 Days in LV
- 6 Day trip from Salt Lake City
- 7 New Orleans Hotels
- 8 Driving from Denver to Ouray Colorado and back in late August
- 9 USA Round trip 2018
- 10 DC - WW2 flyover
- 11 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 12 Fun stop between Virginia Beach and Wintergreen
- 13 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 14 Savannah visit
- 15 Beach Vacation from Midwest with 10 year old.
- 16 Camping in the Black Hills
- 17 SF to Seattle roundtrip with family,help!
- 18 Alaska Railroad trips reviews & motion sickness etc
- 19 Southern Road Trip
- 20 Which 2 islands to visit?
- 21 Chicago Outskirts Hotel
- 22 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 23 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 24 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 25 Grand Marais?