Husband and I are planning a fall foliage driving tour of New England this October. We are thinking of spending a total of 11 nights (October 5th-16th), inclusive of three nights in Boston, and flying in and out of Boston. Please comment whether this preliminary outline makes any sense as I am not attached to it to and can amend my plans:
Boston - 3 nights
Drive up the coast to Maine - spend one-two nights
Drive West to Conway/Jackson area - spend two nights
Drive West to Stowe - spend two nights
Drive South to Woodstock - spend two nights
Spend last night somewhere (Concord ?) with an easy access to Boston/Logan for a p.m. flight back to LA.
As I noted, I am o.k. with adjusting this preliminary plan as needed, eliminating some points and adding others, if it makes more sense. I can also extend this trip by a day, leaving on the 4th.
Thank you all for your comments.
Please assist with New England Fall Foliage Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Gulf access or beach an hr or so north of Tampa?
- 2 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 3 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 4 Green Flea in NYC
- 5 Restaurants near Miami Airport
- 6 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 7 Orlando in March
- 8 New England September
- 9 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 10 Ackislander
- 11 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 12 Cross Country RV Trip
- 13 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 14 Restaurants in Lakeland, FL
- 15 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 16 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 17 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 18 Mt. Hood or Columbia Gorge for family reunion?
- 19 San Francisco hotel in Fisherman's Wharf or Union Square
- 20 Disney Hotel. Which should we book?
- 21 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 22 Keith Haring Exhibit at the De Young, San Francisco
- 23 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 24 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 25 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?