Husband and I are planning a fall foliage driving tour of New England this October. We are thinking of spending a total of 11 nights (October 5th-16th), inclusive of three nights in Boston, and flying in and out of Boston. Please comment whether this preliminary outline makes any sense as I am not attached to it to and can amend my plans:
Boston - 3 nights
Drive up the coast to Maine - spend one-two nights
Drive West to Conway/Jackson area - spend two nights
Drive West to Stowe - spend two nights
Drive South to Woodstock - spend two nights
Spend last night somewhere (Concord ?) with an easy access to Boston/Logan for a p.m. flight back to LA.
As I noted, I am o.k. with adjusting this preliminary plan as needed, eliminating some points and adding others, if it makes more sense. I can also extend this trip by a day, leaving on the 4th.
Thank you all for your comments.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 2 Lodging near Zion National Park
- 3 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 4 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 5 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 6 Redwood National Forest
- 7 What to do in San Diego
- 8 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
- 9 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 10 ISO charming NYC hotel for a staycation
- 11 First Trip to Texas -
- 12 5 days in Colorado
- 13 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 14 Turning 30 in March. What shall I do?
- 15 Miami/Disney World/Bahamas Cruise w/6yo
- 16 Caillebotte at the Kimbell - Fort Worth
- 17 Reading re the Northern Parks?
- 18 New Hampshire
- 19 Things to do in Bakersfield
- 20 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 21 Road to Hana - tour company or on your own
- 22 How many days to spend in San Francisco, LA & Las vegas?
- 23 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 24 Family Vacation for Mom's 80th Birthday
- 25 Beaches in Florida