Husband and I are planning a fall foliage driving tour of New England this October. We are thinking of spending a total of 11 nights (October 5th-16th), inclusive of three nights in Boston, and flying in and out of Boston. Please comment whether this preliminary outline makes any sense as I am not attached to it to and can amend my plans:
Boston - 3 nights
Drive up the coast to Maine - spend one-two nights
Drive West to Conway/Jackson area - spend two nights
Drive West to Stowe - spend two nights
Drive South to Woodstock - spend two nights
Spend last night somewhere (Concord ?) with an easy access to Boston/Logan for a p.m. flight back to LA.
As I noted, I am o.k. with adjusting this preliminary plan as needed, eliminating some points and adding others, if it makes more sense. I can also extend this trip by a day, leaving on the 4th.
Thank you all for your comments.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 2 Oregon Coast with 1, 4 and 6, year old
- 3 California road trip
- 4 Used point to reserve room now a friend wants to stay for free
- 5 Grand Canyon in February?? Doable?
- 6 Self-Guided Walking Tours For Savannah and Charleston
- 7 Charlottesville & NC BBQ Trip Report
- 8 Moving to Montana
- 9 WNY, Cleveland, and Niagara on the Lake
- 10 Makana Charter Reviews in Kauai?
- 11 Tetons, Yellowstone help
- 12 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 13 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 14 Solo Trip to Mid-West
- 15 Oregon Coast question
- 16 Savanah GA
- 17 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 18 Florida with a 2 year old
- 19 traveling I 70 across Colorado
- 20 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 21 Colorado itinerary
- 22 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 23 Driving through Chicago area to Wisconsin
- 24 Yellowstone NP planning questions
- 25 Boat Tour Suggestion in Kauai or Helicopter Instead?