Husband and I are planning a fall foliage driving tour of New England this October. We are thinking of spending a total of 11 nights (October 5th-16th), inclusive of three nights in Boston, and flying in and out of Boston. Please comment whether this preliminary outline makes any sense as I am not attached to it to and can amend my plans:
Boston - 3 nights
Drive up the coast to Maine - spend one-two nights
Drive West to Conway/Jackson area - spend two nights
Drive West to Stowe - spend two nights
Drive South to Woodstock - spend two nights
Spend last night somewhere (Concord ?) with an easy access to Boston/Logan for a p.m. flight back to LA.
As I noted, I am o.k. with adjusting this preliminary plan as needed, eliminating some points and adding others, if it makes more sense. I can also extend this trip by a day, leaving on the 4th.
Thank you all for your comments.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road Trip from Washington DC to Asheville NC
- 2 Ideas for New York
- 3 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 4 Disappointed with Budget Car Rental Las Vegas
- 5 Honeymoon Trip to California
- 6 Sedona v Scottsdale?
- 7 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 8 No Spam this morning!!
- 9 Jazzfest side trips
- 10 17' uhaul from seattle wa to San Antonio Texas
- 11 75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor Attack Events
- 12 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 13 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 14 San Francisco transit options
- 15 Road Trip From Central PA TO CA (LA, California)
- 16 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 17 Pittsburgh to Richmond - Possible Routes?
- 18 IAH to HOU Questions
- 19 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 20 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 21 Great OR beach house locations?
- 22 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 23 Going to L.A. dec18-25; Road trip to D.V. and on rt66
- 24 Honeymoon on PCH
- 25 CEO Dollar Rental Car