Husband and I are planning a fall foliage driving tour of New England this October. We are thinking of spending a total of 11 nights (October 5th-16th), inclusive of three nights in Boston, and flying in and out of Boston. Please comment whether this preliminary outline makes any sense as I am not attached to it to and can amend my plans:
Boston - 3 nights
Drive up the coast to Maine - spend one-two nights
Drive West to Conway/Jackson area - spend two nights
Drive West to Stowe - spend two nights
Drive South to Woodstock - spend two nights
Spend last night somewhere (Concord ?) with an easy access to Boston/Logan for a p.m. flight back to LA.
As I noted, I am o.k. with adjusting this preliminary plan as needed, eliminating some points and adding others, if it makes more sense. I can also extend this trip by a day, leaving on the 4th.
Thank you all for your comments.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Advices: Yahoo MAIL Tec*h Support CONTACT 1:800:381:2506 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Portland,Oregon- hotels and good food
- 3 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 4 10 Day Road Trip in Colorado
- 5 Living in Tampa /West Palm
- 6 Food Festival Tour
- 7 California Coast Highway 1 from SF to LA Closed?
- 8 Seattle weather: not a troll
- 9 seattle apartment
- 10 Boston area hotels
- 11 Universal Studios vacation
- 12 Help! 2nd half of trip...From GTNP, 11 days before flying out of Denver.
- 13 road trip from NC to Maine in Sept.
- 14 Photos from Glacier National Park October 2016
- 15 Boston architecture, decorative arts, & food
- 16 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 17 Rules of the NY Subway
- 18 Amtrak California Zephyr and Yosemite waterfalls
- 19 Epic Journey East coast and back
- 20 11 day PNW coast-Olympic-Portland-Glacier
- 21 A pleasant day on the road in Oregon?
- 22 Mt Rushmore/Grand Tetons/JacksonHole/Yellowstone Adventure
- 23 Confused about Yellowstone trip
- 24 11 Day Road Trip/Backpacking Trip to Utah's NPs, Looking for Suggestions.
- 25 Fabulous resort for girls' getaway?