Husband and I are planning a fall foliage driving tour of New England this October. We are thinking of spending a total of 11 nights (October 5th-16th), inclusive of three nights in Boston, and flying in and out of Boston. Please comment whether this preliminary outline makes any sense as I am not attached to it to and can amend my plans:
Boston - 3 nights
Drive up the coast to Maine - spend one-two nights
Drive West to Conway/Jackson area - spend two nights
Drive West to Stowe - spend two nights
Drive South to Woodstock - spend two nights
Spend last night somewhere (Concord ?) with an easy access to Boston/Logan for a p.m. flight back to LA.
As I noted, I am o.k. with adjusting this preliminary plan as needed, eliminating some points and adding others, if it makes more sense. I can also extend this trip by a day, leaving on the 4th.
Thank you all for your comments.
Please assist with New England Fall Foliage Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 MA to FL on Thanksgiving Day
- 2 Getaway
- 3 San Francisco vs. San Diego
- 4 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 5 Yosemite Lodging
- 6 Temecula Winery Tours
- 7 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 8 Fairbanks Alaska
- 9 First trip to Portland, OR - looking for recommendations
- 10 Worst Restaurants in America
- 11 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 12 What's new on Maui?
- 13 Safe for female travelling alone to Alaska in early November?
- 14 Washington DC and Philadelphia
- 15 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 16 Jensen Beach - Vistana Beach Club
- 17 Broadway choices
- 18 Question About Sealodge
- 19 Colorado aspen updates
- 20 New England Skiing
- 21 4 week family trip ideas
- 22 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 23 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 24 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 25 Florida KeysL Big Pine Key or Tavernier