Husband and I are planning a fall foliage driving tour of New England this October. We are thinking of spending a total of 11 nights (October 5th-16th), inclusive of three nights in Boston, and flying in and out of Boston. Please comment whether this preliminary outline makes any sense as I am not attached to it to and can amend my plans:
Boston - 3 nights
Drive up the coast to Maine - spend one-two nights
Drive West to Conway/Jackson area - spend two nights
Drive West to Stowe - spend two nights
Drive South to Woodstock - spend two nights
Spend last night somewhere (Concord ?) with an easy access to Boston/Logan for a p.m. flight back to LA.
As I noted, I am o.k. with adjusting this preliminary plan as needed, eliminating some points and adding others, if it makes more sense. I can also extend this trip by a day, leaving on the 4th.
Thank you all for your comments.
Please assist with New England Fall Foliage Itinerary
- 1 San Diego or Hawaii
- 2 los angeles sunday brunch
- 3 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 4 Full day in Nashville
- 5 Train from Newark to Manhattan
- 6 Advice on where to stay in Boston
- 7 Broadway Banter: The Fall, 2013 edition
- 8 Kinky Boots and Pippin. Fodor reviews
- 9 Paso Robles, CA
- 10 4 weeks in Florida with 4 moth baby
- 11 SFO airport changing terminals
- 12 Transport between SW National Parks ~ 3 weeks trip
- 13 Ft. Stewart/Savannah
- 14 Vegas Shows
- 15 South Haven, Michigan in the winter
- 16 NYC votes all cigarette bans and laws apply to "vapor" cigarettes
- 17 SF Activities
- 18 Florida: Palm Beach to Sarasota
- 19 Charleston SC 3 day visit
- 20 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 21 Skiing
- 22 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 23 Have you used Online Vacation Travel?
- 24 Kona/Lyman's Bay rental property?
- 25 Mini-Trip to Ashland VA ("Center of the Universe”!)