I'm going to be driving down through Virginia and North Carolina to South Carolina around Christmas and wanted to make stops along the way to visit plantations. I'm interested in locations that have old buildings still on the property, preferably with original slave huts. I'm interested in historic sites that have preserved the buildings in original condition. Any suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 2 California & French Polynesia
- 3 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 4 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 5 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 6 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 7 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 8 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 9 Dining in Manhattan
- 10 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 11 St Patrick's renovations
- 12 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 13 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 14 4 week family trip ideas
- 15 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 16 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 17 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 18 From Seattle airport to the city
- 19 General Utah planning questions
- 20 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 21 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 22 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015
- 23 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 24 New York City Christmas Trip
- 25 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon, February