We are flying into Las Vegas and spending several days on the California coast and in Hollywood before going to Disneyland. We are planning on going from Disney land to the Grand Canyon and all of the travel sites are bringing us south of the Mojave National Preserve on I 40 . My first question is...if we were to go on I 15 and then drive through the Mohave National Preserve to meet up with I40, is it a scenic drive that may make it worthwhile to drive that route instead. I saw the photos of the Mojave National Preserve and the desert formations, the dunes, seeing a Joshua tree would all be of interest but didn't know if any of these sights are viewable if just passing through or if we would need to spend time there. Any advice would be helpful.
Planning trip Los Angeles to Grand Canyon...need advice!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 2 Mesa Verde
- 3 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 4 Long Beach Aquarium Trip
- 5 New England in the fall
- 6 Itinerary opinions
- 7 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 8 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 9 Paved bike path near Bryce Canyon, through Red Canyon
- 10 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 11 Recommendations for accommodation in San Diego?
- 12 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 13 Washington/Oregon....trip ideas
- 14 Trip Report - Santa Monica, Dinosaur, Steamboat, and Telluride
- 15 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 16 NYC Clubs for live music
- 17 relocating travel
- 18 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 19 Seattle Hyatts
- 20 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 21 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 22 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 23 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 24 Bar Harbor Maine to Boston
- 25 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?