We're looking at options for a one-week trip in late June and northern California is a possible location for us. It will be my husband my myself and out two grown daughters (22 and 19). We travel well together, enjoy cultural activities, shopping, good food, etc. My husband and I do not drink, so wine country is not a real draw. We don't tend to like huge tourist crowd kinds of places or big resorts. We'd enjoy some beach time but don't want to sit around all week. My husband and I were at a wedding in Stinson Beach a few years ago and loved that area (Muir Woods, etc.) and thought it might be nice for a few days of downtime -- just trying to build the right itinerary around that. Also, this is celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, so I'm trying to make it special. (We would have gone to Spain if we could have made the budget work so this is (sadly) the second-place plan, but it's still one I am excited about. Any ideas?
Planning special trip to northern Cal: ideas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Portland, OR hotel question
- 2 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 3 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 4 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 5 Northern California in February
- 6 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 7 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 8 Mother Daughter Trip
- 9 Yosemite in Winter
- 10 Florida or caribbean
- 11 Deep South sept 2015
- 12 Orlando in March
- 13 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 14 NYC - Taxi Cost JFK to Upper West Side
- 15 Miami Marlins
- 16 Park Central Hotel via Priceline uh-oh
- 17 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 18 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 19 Louisiana Hotel Questions
- 20 Active Vacation
- 21 New York (for women turning 50th) 2015
- 22 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 23 Quick SoCal question
- 24 3 weeks coast to coast from Boston to San Francisco - Help!
- 25 Prince Philip Cruise (Whittier) vs Kenai Fjords (Seward)