We're looking at options for a one-week trip in late June and northern California is a possible location for us. It will be my husband my myself and out two grown daughters (22 and 19). We travel well together, enjoy cultural activities, shopping, good food, etc. My husband and I do not drink, so wine country is not a real draw. We don't tend to like huge tourist crowd kinds of places or big resorts. We'd enjoy some beach time but don't want to sit around all week. My husband and I were at a wedding in Stinson Beach a few years ago and loved that area (Muir Woods, etc.) and thought it might be nice for a few days of downtime -- just trying to build the right itinerary around that. Also, this is celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, so I'm trying to make it special. (We would have gone to Spain if we could have made the budget work so this is (sadly) the second-place plan, but it's still one I am excited about. Any ideas?
Planning special trip to northern Cal: ideas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 2 Palm Springs-Looking for Great Swimming Pool
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 5 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 6 Cape Cod in early April
- 7 united and carry-ons
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 10 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 11 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 12 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 13 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 14 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 15 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 16 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 17 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 18 Light hiking around Santa Barbara
- 19 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 22 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 23 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 24 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 25 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver