We're looking at options for a one-week trip in late June and northern California is a possible location for us. It will be my husband my myself and out two grown daughters (22 and 19). We travel well together, enjoy cultural activities, shopping, good food, etc. My husband and I do not drink, so wine country is not a real draw. We don't tend to like huge tourist crowd kinds of places or big resorts. We'd enjoy some beach time but don't want to sit around all week. My husband and I were at a wedding in Stinson Beach a few years ago and loved that area (Muir Woods, etc.) and thought it might be nice for a few days of downtime -- just trying to build the right itinerary around that. Also, this is celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, so I'm trying to make it special. (We would have gone to Spain if we could have made the budget work so this is (sadly) the second-place plan, but it's still one I am excited about. Any ideas?
Planning special trip to northern Cal: ideas?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Key Largo, FL
- 2 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 3 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 4 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 5 San Antonio Airport Taxi to Majestic... and Food Suggestions??
- 6 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 7 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 8 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 9 West Coast Bound End of March
- 10 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 11 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 12 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 13 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 14 Socorro, NM to Yellowstone and back in 7-8 days
- 15 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 16 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 17 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 18 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 19 Locker at JFK
- 20 Ziplines, Zorb, Pancakes, and Parrots
- 21 Best places to move to Florida?
- 22 Philadelphia
- 23 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 24 San Diego
- 25 Trip to Maine/Quebec City, Canada - August 2013