My husband, 2 kids and I are planning on making the big jump. Moving from the suburbs of Boston ( 20 mins outside of it) to Surf City/Holly Ridge NC. Right now we are finishing up getting our house ready to sell, which should go quick. Our town is a hot spot right now and nothing lasts more than a day or two if priced correctly. So I am not worried about that,. but what I am worried about is how I can get acquainted with the area to really know what I am buying when it comes to the next house. I have googled the heck out of all that addresses of houses we are interested in, but does anyone from the surf city area have any suggestions on how to find out things like, flooding, traffic patterns, school districts and school sports. My children are 7 & 9 and we will finish out the school year here and live with family after the house sells until about June. Then its off to the races to come down and find our next home. I was thinking a good idea would be to line up a summer rental, and then transition to purchase while we are down there. Does this sound insane? How easy is it to book a rental? Are these houses usually prebooked months in advance?
thanks for any input in advance. I have never not lived in the town we are moving from.... so it will be a big change. but the ocean is where I am meant to be, and I am sick of cold new england winters!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DC Restaurants
- 2 Short Oregon Trip
- 3 Sequoia National Park/Kings Canyon/Amtrak/Tours/grandchild
- 4 usa roadtrip
- 5 Hawaii and...where?
- 6 Visiting San Antonio early November
- 7 3-day beach weekend in FL Nov for 2 adults
- 8 How much time in Badlands?
- 9 Mardi Gras - avoid or embrace?
- 10 Route from Denver to SteamboatSprings
- 11 Driving conditions from Denver to Winter Park
- 12 Where to stay in Little Rock AR
- 13 Chicago 2017
- 14 seeking advice -- scenic drive from DC to Chapel Hill
- 15 Christmas in Colorado
- 16 Chaco Canyon and Mesa Verde
- 17 Driving from FLL to Key West
- 18 Fall vacation in Beavers Bend State Park
- 19 Broken Bow, Oklahoma in the Fall
- 20 Babysitting on the North Shore, Oahu
- 21 Marfa/Big Bend
- 22 Williamsburg, VA reunion for 80 year olds
- 23 JFK to Washington
- 24 Phoenix for the weekend
- 25 LA Cali for 3 days alone, What To Do?