Hello all I am trying to get a trip planned and put together for me and my two sons this summer. We are from Johnson county ks just south of KC. It will be my 15 and 5 year old sons and myself. We will be driving the whole trip. I was planning on driving west to Colorado and going through Denver and then heading north to Yellowstone. I would like to spend three days at yellowstone before heading east to South Dakota to see Custer park and Mt. Rushmore. Then head home south through Nebraska. I'm trying to do this all on a 7 day trip start to finish. So please be honest, am I being to ambitious? Any comments, tips, ideas on what route would be best, and what would be best to see and what best to skip would be greatly appreciated. Here's a list of what I would like us to see. Old faithful, grand tetons, devils tower, yellowstone grand canyon, custers park, crazy horse, and mt rushmore. Let me know how crazy I am. Also this trip will begin on july 14th and conclude on july 21st.
Planning a yellowstone and mt rushmore trip
View all United States activity »
- 1 visiting Arizona area for 18 days from May19th 2014
- 2 Univesity of Wisconsin Madison college visit -any tips
- 3 San Antonio
- 4 Antelope Canyon, Zion, and Bryce advice needed
- 5 Zion or Death Valley for 2 days in December?
- 6 Vero Beach FL
- 7 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 8 Spending a week in Palm Springs in February
- 9 For NYC Tourists ... How to spot a New Yorker
- 10 Inexpensive Weekend Getaway- New England
- 11 Easter Holiday on Kauai with 10 year old daughter
- 12 Question about Boulder area
- 13 NOLA 10th Anniv. Suggestions?
- 14 Family holiday to Hawaii - which islands?
- 15 Christmas Holidays in Arizona
- 16 Christmas-time in New York City? Special holiday experiences?
- 17 Viginia Jan 18-21st
- 18 Paul Rabe - A West Chester Question
- 19 Moonstruck Patisserie - Hilo ~ wow!!
- 20 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 21 Sightseeing and restaurants in LA
- 22 Traveling the pacific coast highway and national parks in one week
- 23 Road Trip to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho & Oregon
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 First timers in Kauai--would love advice/suggestions