We are in the planning stages of our one month trip to the US, from mid May to mid June.
It's just so much to see and do, that I nearly lose my focus, so I need some help to narrow it down, please. I know I cannot do it all in one month.
We're arriving in LA and from there I'm trying to figure out an itinerary. We'd like to see and/ or visit LA, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Memphis, New York, Niagara Falls, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston.
I am not sure which one to choose between Boston and Philadelphia, or should I keep both and cut something else.
The must dos on the list are Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Memphis, New York.
I'm thinking LA 3 days, Vegas 3 days, NY + Niagara Falls 7 days.
My main interest in Memphis is Graceland, but I wouldn't go to Memphis for just one day, I'd prefer to hang around for 3 days to try to get a bit more from it, so I need some recommendations please, as to what else should I see and visit in Memphis. We do like jazz and blues too, not only rock'n'roll music.
Our interests in general are scenery, art museums, history, rock'n'roll, shopping, architecture, and would like to throw in a day to visit Disneyland as well.
I wouldn't really want to drive, unless I have no choice. I like to admire the views too, so for that I stop a lot, which makes the drive from one spot to another longer, and I am not sure I can afford it on this trip.
Please help me with logistics, which airlines to look at, and what would the best itinerary be.
Also, what points of interest should I look at, what would your recommendations be for us to see during this holiday.
We won't do much shopping when we get to LA, we'll wait to see NY as well and then decide how we should spend our shopping money. On departure we take off from NY and stop for a couple of days in LA for shopping.
Thank you for your help here.
Planning a trip to West Coast, Memphis, East Coast
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Good local restaurants E30th St New York?
- 2 Waltham, MA to Boston-Logan Airport
- 3 How safe would feel with the key in your front door overnight?
- 4 San Diego: Point Loma>Ocean Beach
- 5 http://testxtremefacts.com/progain-350/
- 6 Texas
- 7 Family Beach Vacation in December
- 8 Help with Grand Canyon trip in June
- 9 Vegas, Grand Canyon, Utah National Parks trip advice
- 10 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 11 Final dinner in NYC recommendations
- 12 Knock Off Shopping in NYC
- 13 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 14 Albuquerque to Las Vegas
- 15 Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral
- 16 Sedona & Grand Canyon - 1 week trip from Phoenix
- 17 10 day trip
- 18 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 19 Utah restaurants
- 20 Great Smoky Mountains - family driving trip
- 21 Another Trip to DC for baseball!
- 22 Another Perfect Visit to Paradise: Kauai
- 23 looking for beautiful gardens suggestions in early April
- 24 Ride Share DEN to CB 3/18
- 25 Venice tourist travel pass