We are in the planning stages of our one month trip to the US, from mid May to mid June.
It's just so much to see and do, that I nearly lose my focus, so I need some help to narrow it down, please. I know I cannot do it all in one month.
We're arriving in LA and from there I'm trying to figure out an itinerary. We'd like to see and/ or visit LA, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Memphis, New York, Niagara Falls, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston.
I am not sure which one to choose between Boston and Philadelphia, or should I keep both and cut something else.
The must dos on the list are Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Memphis, New York.
I'm thinking LA 3 days, Vegas 3 days, NY + Niagara Falls 7 days.
My main interest in Memphis is Graceland, but I wouldn't go to Memphis for just one day, I'd prefer to hang around for 3 days to try to get a bit more from it, so I need some recommendations please, as to what else should I see and visit in Memphis. We do like jazz and blues too, not only rock'n'roll music.
Our interests in general are scenery, art museums, history, rock'n'roll, shopping, architecture, and would like to throw in a day to visit Disneyland as well.
I wouldn't really want to drive, unless I have no choice. I like to admire the views too, so for that I stop a lot, which makes the drive from one spot to another longer, and I am not sure I can afford it on this trip.
Please help me with logistics, which airlines to look at, and what would the best itinerary be.
Also, what points of interest should I look at, what would your recommendations be for us to see during this holiday.
We won't do much shopping when we get to LA, we'll wait to see NY as well and then decide how we should spend our shopping money. On departure we take off from NY and stop for a couple of days in LA for shopping.
Thank you for your help here.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 2 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 3 GOOD EATING ON THE DRIVE BETWEEN FLORIDA AND THE NORTHEAST??
- 4 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 5 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 6 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 7 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 8 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 9 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 10 limited mobility for Savannah
- 11 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 12 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 13 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 14 Northwest Passage
- 15 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 16 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 17 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 18 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 19 Northwest Car Trip
- 20 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 21 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 22 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 23 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 24 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 25 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route