We are in the planning stages of our one month trip to the US, from mid May to mid June.
It's just so much to see and do, that I nearly lose my focus, so I need some help to narrow it down, please. I know I cannot do it all in one month.
We're arriving in LA and from there I'm trying to figure out an itinerary. We'd like to see and/ or visit LA, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Memphis, New York, Niagara Falls, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston.
I am not sure which one to choose between Boston and Philadelphia, or should I keep both and cut something else.
The must dos on the list are Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Memphis, New York.
I'm thinking LA 3 days, Vegas 3 days, NY + Niagara Falls 7 days.
My main interest in Memphis is Graceland, but I wouldn't go to Memphis for just one day, I'd prefer to hang around for 3 days to try to get a bit more from it, so I need some recommendations please, as to what else should I see and visit in Memphis. We do like jazz and blues too, not only rock'n'roll music.
Our interests in general are scenery, art museums, history, rock'n'roll, shopping, architecture, and would like to throw in a day to visit Disneyland as well.
I wouldn't really want to drive, unless I have no choice. I like to admire the views too, so for that I stop a lot, which makes the drive from one spot to another longer, and I am not sure I can afford it on this trip.
Please help me with logistics, which airlines to look at, and what would the best itinerary be.
Also, what points of interest should I look at, what would your recommendations be for us to see during this holiday.
We won't do much shopping when we get to LA, we'll wait to see NY as well and then decide how we should spend our shopping money. On departure we take off from NY and stop for a couple of days in LA for shopping.
Thank you for your help here.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Considering moving to Florida... any opinions?
- 2 Best Affordable Hotel to Stay in Montana - Deborah
- 3 Parking fine
- 4 Roadtrip in the South. Help on when to go!
- 5 11 days SE coast road trip
- 6 My Topic TitlePalm Springs at the Last MInute, Help Please!
- 7 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 8 San Diego Clothing Help (woman)
- 9 resort hotel in downtown San Diego
- 10 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 11 Columbia River Gorge - best scenic route in WA or OR?
- 12 Salt Lake City to Northern California or Oregon trip
- 13 Staying at Belvedere in Sept--how early to make reservations?
- 14 Pittsburgh Trip
- 15 10 days in Arizona
- 16 AC Hotels cheap by clean
- 17 Berkshires with a toddler
- 18 Glacier National Park, should we cancel our plans?
- 19 Condos in Kauai and Big Island
- 20 Hotel/motel recom. for Cape Cod
- 21 My Maine Trip Report
- 22 Late Aug/early Sept with 15 month old - where to?
- 23 hilicopter tour oahu
- 24 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 25 After FL and CA, where else in the US with a 7-year-old?