We are in the planning stages of our one month trip to the US, from mid May to mid June.
It's just so much to see and do, that I nearly lose my focus, so I need some help to narrow it down, please. I know I cannot do it all in one month.
We're arriving in LA and from there I'm trying to figure out an itinerary. We'd like to see and/ or visit LA, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Memphis, New York, Niagara Falls, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston.
I am not sure which one to choose between Boston and Philadelphia, or should I keep both and cut something else.
The must dos on the list are Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Memphis, New York.
I'm thinking LA 3 days, Vegas 3 days, NY + Niagara Falls 7 days.
My main interest in Memphis is Graceland, but I wouldn't go to Memphis for just one day, I'd prefer to hang around for 3 days to try to get a bit more from it, so I need some recommendations please, as to what else should I see and visit in Memphis. We do like jazz and blues too, not only rock'n'roll music.
Our interests in general are scenery, art museums, history, rock'n'roll, shopping, architecture, and would like to throw in a day to visit Disneyland as well.
I wouldn't really want to drive, unless I have no choice. I like to admire the views too, so for that I stop a lot, which makes the drive from one spot to another longer, and I am not sure I can afford it on this trip.
Please help me with logistics, which airlines to look at, and what would the best itinerary be.
Also, what points of interest should I look at, what would your recommendations be for us to see during this holiday.
We won't do much shopping when we get to LA, we'll wait to see NY as well and then decide how we should spend our shopping money. On departure we take off from NY and stop for a couple of days in LA for shopping.
Thank you for your help here.
Planning a trip to West Coast, Memphis, East Coast
- 1 Santa Fe at the end of May?
- 2 Air Bnb Declared Illegal in NYC
- 3 Yellowstone Hiking Suggestions for a 7 1/2 Year Old
- 4 Help with New York Itinerary!
- 5 Road Trip - Las Vegas, NV to Monterey, CA
- 6 Where to stay Charleston SC
- 7 Driving from Atlanta to Orlando With kids resting stops
- 8 Need a bit of help planning a 3 week trip to the US
- 9 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 10 Customs & Checked Baggage at O'Hare - coming from Dublin Airport
- 11 Hawaii- Can't decide which islands to include
- 12 Central Coast of Maine in August
- 13 Middlebury vt quickie
- 14 Road trip New Jersey to Montana
- 15 Bryce Canyon vs. Yellowsyone
- 16 NYC
- 17 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 18 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 19 NYC to FLA Road Trip..stopovers (I-81) in Virginia and Sea Islands?
- 20 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 21 Kwaussies road trip, the final chapter!
- 22 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 23 Cheap Hotel in NY
- 24 hello guys....
- 25 Chicago: Clark & Lake Street Subway Stop