We are in the planning stages of our one month trip to the US, from mid May to mid June.
It's just so much to see and do, that I nearly lose my focus, so I need some help to narrow it down, please. I know I cannot do it all in one month.
We're arriving in LA and from there I'm trying to figure out an itinerary. We'd like to see and/ or visit LA, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Memphis, New York, Niagara Falls, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston.
I am not sure which one to choose between Boston and Philadelphia, or should I keep both and cut something else.
The must dos on the list are Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Memphis, New York.
I'm thinking LA 3 days, Vegas 3 days, NY + Niagara Falls 7 days.
My main interest in Memphis is Graceland, but I wouldn't go to Memphis for just one day, I'd prefer to hang around for 3 days to try to get a bit more from it, so I need some recommendations please, as to what else should I see and visit in Memphis. We do like jazz and blues too, not only rock'n'roll music.
Our interests in general are scenery, art museums, history, rock'n'roll, shopping, architecture, and would like to throw in a day to visit Disneyland as well.
I wouldn't really want to drive, unless I have no choice. I like to admire the views too, so for that I stop a lot, which makes the drive from one spot to another longer, and I am not sure I can afford it on this trip.
Please help me with logistics, which airlines to look at, and what would the best itinerary be.
Also, what points of interest should I look at, what would your recommendations be for us to see during this holiday.
We won't do much shopping when we get to LA, we'll wait to see NY as well and then decide how we should spend our shopping money. On departure we take off from NY and stop for a couple of days in LA for shopping.
Thank you for your help here.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 2 1st trip to Colorado
- 3 Mystic CT
- 4 Gabfest in Fredericksburg VA
- 5 Parking in Boston
- 6 Mystic, Portland, Camden, Bar Harbor
- 7 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 8 Need Northeast itinerary ASAP
- 9 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 10 NJ to Sunset Beach, NC
- 11 Las vegas +21
- 12 Florida - East Coast vs. Gulf Coast - opinion asap
- 13 Your favourite places in New York City
- 14 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 15 Best areas to stay from Dunedin to St Pete Beach?
- 16 Which Motel with Magic Fingers Beds?
- 17 Trip Starting from New York
- 18 Four San Francisco restaurants
- 19 July 4th fireworks in NYC
- 20 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 21 Day trip suggestions from Frankenmuth
- 22 Travel suggestions from Mystic, CT to Bar Harbor, Maine
- 23 Where to stay in Munising, MI?
- 24 Nilichik Ak.
- 25 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?