We are in the planning stages of our one month trip to the US, from mid May to mid June.
It's just so much to see and do, that I nearly lose my focus, so I need some help to narrow it down, please. I know I cannot do it all in one month.
We're arriving in LA and from there I'm trying to figure out an itinerary. We'd like to see and/ or visit LA, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Memphis, New York, Niagara Falls, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston.
I am not sure which one to choose between Boston and Philadelphia, or should I keep both and cut something else.
The must dos on the list are Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Memphis, New York.
I'm thinking LA 3 days, Vegas 3 days, NY + Niagara Falls 7 days.
My main interest in Memphis is Graceland, but I wouldn't go to Memphis for just one day, I'd prefer to hang around for 3 days to try to get a bit more from it, so I need some recommendations please, as to what else should I see and visit in Memphis. We do like jazz and blues too, not only rock'n'roll music.
Our interests in general are scenery, art museums, history, rock'n'roll, shopping, architecture, and would like to throw in a day to visit Disneyland as well.
I wouldn't really want to drive, unless I have no choice. I like to admire the views too, so for that I stop a lot, which makes the drive from one spot to another longer, and I am not sure I can afford it on this trip.
Please help me with logistics, which airlines to look at, and what would the best itinerary be.
Also, what points of interest should I look at, what would your recommendations be for us to see during this holiday.
We won't do much shopping when we get to LA, we'll wait to see NY as well and then decide how we should spend our shopping money. On departure we take off from NY and stop for a couple of days in LA for shopping.
Thank you for your help here.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Farewell from Ira
- 2 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 3 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 4 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 5 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 6 Overnight tour from New York to see Washington, D.C.
- 7 Historial/Culture-filled restaurants in Savannah, and Atlanta!
- 8 Where to stay in Missoula?
- 9 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 10 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 11 Driving San Antonio to Galveston--how to avoid Houston
- 12 Cape Cod - around Sandwich
- 13 Recommendations for birthday Sunday brunch near but outside Boston
- 14 Pacific coast road trip
- 15 Springfield, Massachusetts and I-91 : Surprisingly Awesome
- 16 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 17 chicago to hibbing
- 18 Oklahoma - Dallas - Houston - New Orleans - Orlando
- 19 Arlington Hotels
- 20 Fun family adventures in/around Charleston?
- 21 Cabin rental in march
- 22 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 23 Driving from south Florida to San Diego late September...where to stop?
- 24 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 25 Restaurants close to King's Station?