We are in the planning stages of our one month trip to the US, from mid May to mid June.
It's just so much to see and do, that I nearly lose my focus, so I need some help to narrow it down, please. I know I cannot do it all in one month.
We're arriving in LA and from there I'm trying to figure out an itinerary. We'd like to see and/ or visit LA, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Memphis, New York, Niagara Falls, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston.
I am not sure which one to choose between Boston and Philadelphia, or should I keep both and cut something else.
The must dos on the list are Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Memphis, New York.
I'm thinking LA 3 days, Vegas 3 days, NY + Niagara Falls 7 days.
My main interest in Memphis is Graceland, but I wouldn't go to Memphis for just one day, I'd prefer to hang around for 3 days to try to get a bit more from it, so I need some recommendations please, as to what else should I see and visit in Memphis. We do like jazz and blues too, not only rock'n'roll music.
Our interests in general are scenery, art museums, history, rock'n'roll, shopping, architecture, and would like to throw in a day to visit Disneyland as well.
I wouldn't really want to drive, unless I have no choice. I like to admire the views too, so for that I stop a lot, which makes the drive from one spot to another longer, and I am not sure I can afford it on this trip.
Please help me with logistics, which airlines to look at, and what would the best itinerary be.
Also, what points of interest should I look at, what would your recommendations be for us to see during this holiday.
We won't do much shopping when we get to LA, we'll wait to see NY as well and then decide how we should spend our shopping money. On departure we take off from NY and stop for a couple of days in LA for shopping.
Thank you for your help here.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Live in FL need a road trip suggestion
- 2 Avalon/ Catalina Questions
- 3 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
- 4 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 5 Driving from Seattle to San Deigo
- 6 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 7 Oregon Itinerary Critique, please.
- 8 Realistic expectations in Yellowstone in July
- 9 Dining at CIA in Hyde Park
- 10 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 11 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 12 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 13 Anniversary Getaway in August Where Too?
- 14 New Orleans music
- 15 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 16 What to do with teenagers in Napa and Mendocino
- 17 Las Vegas Show Advice for Beatles Fan
- 18 Washington DC: your favorite part of your visit
- 19 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 20 Christmas vacation-Maui or Carribean?
- 21 Holman Ranch vineyard tour in Carmel Valley (Monterey County)
- 22 Rental Car using the ferries in Washington
- 23 NYC with wheelchair
- 24 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 25 Road trip to rock-y landscape from NC