We are in the planning stages of our one month trip to the US, from mid May to mid June.
It's just so much to see and do, that I nearly lose my focus, so I need some help to narrow it down, please. I know I cannot do it all in one month.
We're arriving in LA and from there I'm trying to figure out an itinerary. We'd like to see and/ or visit LA, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Memphis, New York, Niagara Falls, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston.
I am not sure which one to choose between Boston and Philadelphia, or should I keep both and cut something else.
The must dos on the list are Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Memphis, New York.
I'm thinking LA 3 days, Vegas 3 days, NY + Niagara Falls 7 days.
My main interest in Memphis is Graceland, but I wouldn't go to Memphis for just one day, I'd prefer to hang around for 3 days to try to get a bit more from it, so I need some recommendations please, as to what else should I see and visit in Memphis. We do like jazz and blues too, not only rock'n'roll music.
Our interests in general are scenery, art museums, history, rock'n'roll, shopping, architecture, and would like to throw in a day to visit Disneyland as well.
I wouldn't really want to drive, unless I have no choice. I like to admire the views too, so for that I stop a lot, which makes the drive from one spot to another longer, and I am not sure I can afford it on this trip.
Please help me with logistics, which airlines to look at, and what would the best itinerary be.
Also, what points of interest should I look at, what would your recommendations be for us to see during this holiday.
We won't do much shopping when we get to LA, we'll wait to see NY as well and then decide how we should spend our shopping money. On departure we take off from NY and stop for a couple of days in LA for shopping.
Thank you for your help here.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 2 Southern history- walkable cities
- 3 First Trip to New Mexico
- 4 Wedding gifts?
- 5 Have Questions About Florida's Spring Allergy
- 6 SF Area - Fall Family Trip
- 7 new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"
- 8 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 9 Day trips from Boston
- 10 November redwoods trip
- 11 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 12 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 13 Seattle?
- 14 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 15 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 16 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 17 RV'ing from Texas to Carolinas for the fall colors...
- 18 Scenic Drive - Rockland to Moosehead Lake?
- 19 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 20 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 21 1st time RV trip from Georgia to Oregon
- 22 Los Angeles/Santa Monica -- how many days and where else?
- 23 Amtrak Boston/New York
- 24 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 25 Suggestions Buffalo NY