We are in the planning stages of our one month trip to the US, from mid May to mid June.
It's just so much to see and do, that I nearly lose my focus, so I need some help to narrow it down, please. I know I cannot do it all in one month.
We're arriving in LA and from there I'm trying to figure out an itinerary. We'd like to see and/ or visit LA, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, San Francisco, Napa Valley, Memphis, New York, Niagara Falls, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston.
I am not sure which one to choose between Boston and Philadelphia, or should I keep both and cut something else.
The must dos on the list are Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Memphis, New York.
I'm thinking LA 3 days, Vegas 3 days, NY + Niagara Falls 7 days.
My main interest in Memphis is Graceland, but I wouldn't go to Memphis for just one day, I'd prefer to hang around for 3 days to try to get a bit more from it, so I need some recommendations please, as to what else should I see and visit in Memphis. We do like jazz and blues too, not only rock'n'roll music.
Our interests in general are scenery, art museums, history, rock'n'roll, shopping, architecture, and would like to throw in a day to visit Disneyland as well.
I wouldn't really want to drive, unless I have no choice. I like to admire the views too, so for that I stop a lot, which makes the drive from one spot to another longer, and I am not sure I can afford it on this trip.
Please help me with logistics, which airlines to look at, and what would the best itinerary be.
Also, what points of interest should I look at, what would your recommendations be for us to see during this holiday.
We won't do much shopping when we get to LA, we'll wait to see NY as well and then decide how we should spend our shopping money. On departure we take off from NY and stop for a couple of days in LA for shopping.
Thank you for your help here.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 2 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 3 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 4 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 5 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 6 New England Tour
- 7 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 8 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 9 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 10 Downtown Denver hotel
- 11 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 12 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 13 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 14 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 15 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 16 San Diego VRBO area
- 17 Queen Anne or Belltown Hotel
- 18 Glacier National Park 2018
- 19 Muir Woods in October
- 20 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 21 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 22 Chicago - Memphis - NO - Anaheim (train/plane and taxi)
- 23 Southbound lanes at San Ysidro Border Crossing close for 57 hrs.
- 24 Disneyland Grand Californian
- 25 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line