Planning a 12-13 Day California trip with my GF in September, we are couple in our early 30s. Flying in from NY, the original thought is to fly into SF and spend 2-3 nights in the area. would like to travel north for about a night to visit Napa Valley. Afterwards I wanted to start driving down along the coast and visit Big Sur, Monterey Bay. Hearst Caste, etc. (would like suggestions of where to stop and for how long). We would like to stop by LA area afterwards to see the area for also about 2 days. Neither of us has ever been to California so we would like suggestions on where to stop by. Afterwards we want to continue traveling down to San Diego area and stay there for about 3 nights as well.
Once again neither of us has ever been to any part of California so any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Alex from NY
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 New England Tour
- 2 Blue Ridge Parkway/Great Smoky Mountains
- 3 Rhode Island Get Away
- 4 Colorado October 16-25, 2017
- 5 Road Trip - SF to Sonoma
- 6 Alaska 19 day itinerary - comments/opinions, please?
- 7 JFK Terminal 4 to Terminal 8
- 8 Visiting Kauai...NEXT week!!
- 9 Lead in me in the right direction for our first Hawaii trip
- 10 Venice, CA area
- 11 Avis or Budget from LAX
- 12 Tahoe - Plumpjack Inn vs. Basecamp Hotel
- 13 NYC - Pastrami sandwich near library, Grand Central Station, St Patrick's
- 14 Pacific Grove/Carmel CA area
- 15 Visiting Kauai...NEXT WEEK!!
- 16 Please help us find a wonderful boutique hotel in the western U.S.
- 17 Adirondacks trip repot
- 18 beach chair and umbrella rentals in carmel?
- 19 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 20 CLT connection times, Charlotte
- 21 Grand Circle Trip from Ohio
- 22 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 23 Las Vegas in February - hotel recommendations please
- 24 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 25 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?