Me and my girlfriend are planning a 5 day trip starting from San Francisco to Los Angeles from 12-Feb to 17 Feb 2014. We need your valuable recommendations and experiences for accommodations on the Highway 101 route. I have provided some of our budget and itinerary ideas to let you give us best advice.
We are landing on 12th afternoon in San Francisco and will need a place to stay for a night between $80-$120. We are planning to spend the evening of 12 and morning of 13th sight seeing in San Francisco and then starting on our drive on Coastal route on 13th evening hoping to catch our first sunset. We are looking to stop at Big Sur Lodge on 13th night with a Budget of $150 to get a feel of the red woods. Any other similar or better place to stay in same or less budget is welcome.
The we are planning to stay on a Beach hotel with an Ocean view ($150-200) on 14th night. I seemed to find Avila Lighthouse within that Price range but any other places in between Monterrey to a little before Los Angeles is welcome. I even wont mind staying 13th and 14th in same Ocean View place if its within that price Range.
Then we do need to stay 15th -16th in Los Angeles at a cheaper place $80-120 to make up for our expenses. In the End we have a Budget of $800 MAX for our stay (excluding food) from 12th to 16th. Places with free parking are a Bonus.
Like I said the itinerary is not set in stone. Just 1 day in San Francisco, 2 days in between preferably in Beach and then last couple of days in LA. Your help would be personally appreciated from one traveler to another.
Places to stay on Highway 101 Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 2 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 3 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 4 Best Destination in USA
- 5 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 6 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 7 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 8 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 9 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 10 x mas
- 11 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 12 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 13 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 14 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 15 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 16 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 17 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 18 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 19 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 20 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 21 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 22 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 23 New Orleans help please
- 24 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 25 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach