Me and my girlfriend are planning a 5 day trip starting from San Francisco to Los Angeles from 12-Feb to 17 Feb 2014. We need your valuable recommendations and experiences for accommodations on the Highway 101 route. I have provided some of our budget and itinerary ideas to let you give us best advice.
We are landing on 12th afternoon in San Francisco and will need a place to stay for a night between $80-$120. We are planning to spend the evening of 12 and morning of 13th sight seeing in San Francisco and then starting on our drive on Coastal route on 13th evening hoping to catch our first sunset. We are looking to stop at Big Sur Lodge on 13th night with a Budget of $150 to get a feel of the red woods. Any other similar or better place to stay in same or less budget is welcome.
The we are planning to stay on a Beach hotel with an Ocean view ($150-200) on 14th night. I seemed to find Avila Lighthouse within that Price range but any other places in between Monterrey to a little before Los Angeles is welcome. I even wont mind staying 13th and 14th in same Ocean View place if its within that price Range.
Then we do need to stay 15th -16th in Los Angeles at a cheaper place $80-120 to make up for our expenses. In the End we have a Budget of $800 MAX for our stay (excluding food) from 12th to 16th. Places with free parking are a Bonus.
Like I said the itinerary is not set in stone. Just 1 day in San Francisco, 2 days in between preferably in Beach and then last couple of days in LA. Your help would be personally appreciated from one traveler to another.
Places to stay on Highway 101 Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 3 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 4 NYC theatre broadway
- 5 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 6 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 7 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 8 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 9 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 10 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 11 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 12 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 13 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 14 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 15 Visiting Denver
- 16 Visiting Denver
- 17 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 18 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 19 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 20 Louisville to Dallas, spring time, 10 days, teenagers
- 21 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 22 A day in Dallas
- 23 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 24 Austin Anniversary Dinner
- 25 Door County Suggestions