Me and my girlfriend are planning a 5 day trip starting from San Francisco to Los Angeles from 12-Feb to 17 Feb 2014. We need your valuable recommendations and experiences for accommodations on the Highway 101 route. I have provided some of our budget and itinerary ideas to let you give us best advice.
We are landing on 12th afternoon in San Francisco and will need a place to stay for a night between $80-$120. We are planning to spend the evening of 12 and morning of 13th sight seeing in San Francisco and then starting on our drive on Coastal route on 13th evening hoping to catch our first sunset. We are looking to stop at Big Sur Lodge on 13th night with a Budget of $150 to get a feel of the red woods. Any other similar or better place to stay in same or less budget is welcome.
The we are planning to stay on a Beach hotel with an Ocean view ($150-200) on 14th night. I seemed to find Avila Lighthouse within that Price range but any other places in between Monterrey to a little before Los Angeles is welcome. I even wont mind staying 13th and 14th in same Ocean View place if its within that price Range.
Then we do need to stay 15th -16th in Los Angeles at a cheaper place $80-120 to make up for our expenses. In the End we have a Budget of $800 MAX for our stay (excluding food) from 12th to 16th. Places with free parking are a Bonus.
Like I said the itinerary is not set in stone. Just 1 day in San Francisco, 2 days in between preferably in Beach and then last couple of days in LA. Your help would be personally appreciated from one traveler to another.
Places to stay on Highway 101 Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Denver
- 2 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 3 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 4 HELP WITH FALL TRIP PLAN!!
- 5 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Lunch somewhere between Arlington and Roanoke VA?
- 8 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 9 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 10 Quiet hotel room in University district?
- 11 Visiting Denver
- 12 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 13 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 14 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 15 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 16 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 17 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 18 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 19 San Diego parks and attractions
- 20 Door County Suggestions
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 23 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 24 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 25 boston to nantucket: what are our options?