Me and my girlfriend are planning a 5 day trip starting from San Francisco to Los Angeles from 12-Feb to 17 Feb 2014. We need your valuable recommendations and experiences for accommodations on the Highway 101 route. I have provided some of our budget and itinerary ideas to let you give us best advice.
We are landing on 12th afternoon in San Francisco and will need a place to stay for a night between $80-$120. We are planning to spend the evening of 12 and morning of 13th sight seeing in San Francisco and then starting on our drive on Coastal route on 13th evening hoping to catch our first sunset. We are looking to stop at Big Sur Lodge on 13th night with a Budget of $150 to get a feel of the red woods. Any other similar or better place to stay in same or less budget is welcome.
The we are planning to stay on a Beach hotel with an Ocean view ($150-200) on 14th night. I seemed to find Avila Lighthouse within that Price range but any other places in between Monterrey to a little before Los Angeles is welcome. I even wont mind staying 13th and 14th in same Ocean View place if its within that price Range.
Then we do need to stay 15th -16th in Los Angeles at a cheaper place $80-120 to make up for our expenses. In the End we have a Budget of $800 MAX for our stay (excluding food) from 12th to 16th. Places with free parking are a Bonus.
Like I said the itinerary is not set in stone. Just 1 day in San Francisco, 2 days in between preferably in Beach and then last couple of days in LA. Your help would be personally appreciated from one traveler to another.
Places to stay on Highway 101 Road Trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Can I make a 1pm flight out of OGG if I stay the night before in Hana?
- 2 Nev Senator Harry Reid's Ritz Carlton digs
- 3 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 4 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 5 Fun restaurant for kids before Broadway play
- 6 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 7 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 8 Road to Hana in 2 days without spending the night???
- 9 Driving between Nashville and Memphis
- 10 Fun restaurants in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
- 11 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 12 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 13 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 14 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 15 Brooklyn why?
- 16 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 17 Is it a good idea to stay near LAX?
- 18 Road trip from Nashville to Dallas
- 19 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 20 New York City Restaurants
- 21 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 22 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 23 Buying African Masks in Chicago, New York City or Atlanta
- 24 Maui vacation
- 25 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands