Help! I am looking very last minute to book a place to stay with our family in Kentucky. We are looking for a place that is a cabin or cottage, nothing fancy, on a lake that our kids can fish and swim in, take a canoe around in, hiking and general relaxing on a vacation away from home. We have 2 kids, 9 and 4 1/2. I've looked into several sites already but I was wondering if anyone has ever stayed or knows of a place that perhaps I am just not finding. I've looked on vrbo.com, lakehouses.com and away.com. We have the weeks of July 24-Aug. 5. Any ideas? Oh, we live in Chicago and want to drive no more than 8 hrs. Thanks!
Places to stay in Kentucky with family!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 2 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 3 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 4 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 5 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 6 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 7 relocating travel
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 10 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 11 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 12 Mesa Verde
- 13 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 14 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 15 Seattle Hyatts
- 16 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 17 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 18 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 19 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 20 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 21 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 22 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 23 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 24 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 25 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel