Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 2 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 3 Dining in Manhattan
- 4 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 5 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 6 California & French Polynesia
- 7 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 8 American Honeymoon in March
- 9 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 10 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 11 How to dress in Vegas
- 12 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 13 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 14 Road trip next summes...Suggestions ?
- 15 St Patrick's renovations
- 16 New Casual Italian/Pizza Restaurant, via Danny Meyer: MARTA
- 17 4 week family trip ideas
- 18 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 19 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 20 Is It Possible - One Post for MT, UT, WY in a Week?
- 21 From Seattle airport to the city
- 22 General Utah planning questions
- 23 A trip to the SW: Not rushed, do it all, perfect time of year.
- 24 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 25 Washington and Oregon Fall vacation 2015