Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lowkey, waterfront, natural area for winter months--no high rises
- 2 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 3 Help me with this
- 4 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 5 Oregon road trip
- 6 Laguna Beach Hotel
- 7 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 8 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 9 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 10 Weather in Chicago
- 11 Long-Term Parking Options Philly Airport
- 12 Las V- Grand C - Lake Tahoe
- 13 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 14 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 15 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 16 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 17 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 18 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 19 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 20 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 21 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 22 Dining in St. Louis
- 23 AR State Parks
- 24 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 25 NYC For The Day
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,