Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 2 Short civil rights your Atlanta to Birningham
- 3 September Road Trip in New England
- 4 Road trip NYC to Dallas
- 5 NYC with 8 yr old
- 6 Dupont Circle Hotels
- 7 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 8 Honeymoon Suggestions
- 9 Kayaking at Old Forge, NY
- 10 Build a Chicago itinerary?
- 11 Florida Family vacation in California
- 12 Need help: itinerary from Kansas City to Yellowstone and back
- 13 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 14 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 15 San Francisco California
- 16 Miami and New Orleans
- 17 Louisville in December
- 18 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 19 Transportation Newark/High Line and Penn Station/Newark
- 20 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 21 Grocery Shopping in Maui - is Costco worth the stop?
- 22 United Nations tours
- 23 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 24 Restaurants in Sanibel/Captiva
- 25 Yosemite and Sequoia
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,