Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help with driving East to West
- 2 Long Weekend in KY: Bourbon Trail and Mammoth Cave
- 3 Hudson Valley Drive Suggestions
- 4 Broken Arrow
- 5 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 6 Cashless Toll roads.
- 7 Need a corporate sedan in JFK
- 8 Champaigne, Illinois
- 9 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 10 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 11 2 hour radius of Boston 9/7
- 12 Farewell from Ira
- 13 taking home sand
- 14 Suggestions for Thanksgiving weekend on Cape Cod
- 15 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 16 Bed and Breakfasts in California
- 17 Once again, another great trip to DC (August 23-30)
- 18 Long weekend in New Orleans
- 19 Our explorations of the Hudson Valley & Catskills
- 20 The Manhattan Project - The Maitais Return To The Big Apple
- 21 Help with VT/NH driving trip in October
- 22 Back From Alaska
- 23 2 months road trip out west - need one way renting mini RV
- 24 Driving from Austin to San Francisco
- 25 San Diego July 2016 - an FYI
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,