Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,
- 1 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 2 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 3 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 4 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 5 Where should I move to?
- 6 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 7 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 8 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 9 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 10 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 11 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 12 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 13 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 14 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 15 Fripp island
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013