Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 2 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 3 Self guided White House tour
- 4 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 5 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 6 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 7 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 8 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 9 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 10 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 11 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 12 Northwest USA
- 13 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 14 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 15 Los Angeles day trips
- 16 middlebury vt snow
- 17 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 18 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 19 LA for a day and a half
- 20 Texas
- 21 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 22 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 23 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 24 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 25 Moving to CT