Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Another long layover in Honolulu--where to store carry-on bag?
- 2 CARING ENGLISH BULLDOG PUPPIES AVAILABLE email (email@example.com)
- 3 English bulldog Puppies Ready For Good Homes email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 4 Mesa Verde
- 5 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 6 California road trip
- 7 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 8 Seattle Hyatts
- 9 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 10 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 11 Best beach in San Diego for family vacation ages 8-16
- 12 San Diego - wher to stay
- 13 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 14 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 15 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 16 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 17 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 18 Berkshires in late October
- 19 2 day in Adirondack park
- 20 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 21 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 22 NYC Clubs for live music
- 23 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 24 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 25 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend