Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Feedback on Idaho Itinerary
- 2 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 3 Pacific Coast Highway from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- 4 Romantic destination in the US
- 5 Charleston + Savannah in June
- 6 itinerary help (starting niagra falls)
- 7 Alaska Trip Planning
- 8 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 9 Best route to Lassen from Woodside?
- 10 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 11 Cleveland to Chicago by train
- 12 Moving out of states from Florida
- 13 Getting from JFK to Midtown
- 14 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 15 14 day trip advice Spokane Wa to Glacier,Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise
- 16 NY Times magazine -- Walking New York.
- 17 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 18 Recommended Air BnB Somewhere Between Columbus and Cleveland?
- 19 First time to Hawaii (Maui)
- 20 family road trip
- 21 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 22 Suggestions for seeing sites when one person has difficulty walking?
- 23 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 24 Weddings. Vermont. Anybody know Pitcher Inn or Mad River Barn?
- 25 Best spot to see a sunrise in Boston