Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 3 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 4 Audio Driving Tour Big Island and Oahu
- 5 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 6 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 7 Asheville NC without a car
- 8 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 9 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 10 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 11 Myrtle Beach
- 12 9 Day Trip to Yosemite, Oregon and Washington State
- 13 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 14 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 15 Colorado in the summer!
- 16 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 17 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 18 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 19 Washington DC Metro
- 20 Houseboat on Lake Powell
- 21 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 22 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 23 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 24 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 25 Travel West Coast