Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 2 US Trip
- 3 Bryce and Zion planning
- 4 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 5 Salt Lake to Telluride Road Trip
- 6 Colorado Road Trip over Memorial Weekend
- 7 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 8 Drive from Ohio to NYC
- 9 Monthly vacation rental Siesta Key
- 10 Favorite restaurants in Savannah
- 11 Need advise(s) for travel from DFW to Destin FL
- 12 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 13 Oregon Waterfalls, Mt Rainier & Palouse Waterfall in 5 Days
- 14 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 15 Overnight between Moab and Grand Canyon village
- 16 Alaska trip rough Itinerary for Sep 2017
- 17 I continue to be stumped by amtrak...advice?
- 18 Driving to NYC from Ohio
- 19 Ohio to NYC
- 20 Another Quick NYC Trip - Food Ideas?
- 21 How to spend a few days in mid June near Oakland
- 22 4 days road trip southern New England
- 23 Philly Itinerary Help
- 24 Which one to pick----Phillips 26 Glacier or Prince William Sound cruise?
- 25 Trip to Palm Springs and San Diego
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,