Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 2 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 3 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 4 Seaside, California
- 5 Seattle, Las Vegas and Salt Lake
- 6 NYC Discounted Metropolitan Opera Tickets
- 7 washington-blueridge parkway-myrtle beach
- 8 Harpers Ferry weekend
- 9 Quick Honeymoon ideas for Nov?
- 10 California relaxing vacation ideas
- 11 Bed and Breakfast
- 12 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 13 Suggestions for Philadelphia
- 14 What car service?
- 15 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 16 Denali
- 17 Where should I drop off rental car near Boston?
- 18 which airport when going to Stamford,CT?
- 19 Maine in May?
- 20 Myrtle Beach hotels that meet my specific criteria
- 21 New Years Eve in NYC
- 22 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 23 Oakland airport...your opinions please...
- 24 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 25 Cruise Ship Schedule by City
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,