Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 2 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 3 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 4 Visiting Paso Robles wine country
- 5 Hudson Valley vs Berkshires - weekend away
- 6 UBER in NYC?
- 7 Best Fried Chicken in Charleston
- 8 Help w Utah National Parks Visit-Itinerary check
- 9 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 10 Four days in DC
- 11 One Night at Logan Airport
- 12 Staying in Oakland while visiting San Fran?
- 13 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 14 Aussies' USA "White Xmas" 2013/14 Trip Report
- 15 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 16 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 17 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 18 3 nights in Nashville
- 19 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 20 Fredericksburg to see the wildflowers and to sample the wine
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 23 Vacation for teens?
- 24 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 25 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?