Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 2 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 3 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 4 Vegas hotels for families
- 5 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 6 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 7 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 8 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 9 Transportation help in Philly
- 10 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 11 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 12 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 13 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 14 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 15 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 16 Hilton Midtown New York
- 17 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 18 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 19 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 20 Tour companies
- 21 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 22 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!
- 23 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 24 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 25 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour