Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 2 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 3 help from a true New Yorker.
- 4 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 5 Safety Concerns
- 6 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 7 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?
- 8 Alaska independent tour for group
- 9 Washington DC with kids
- 10 Best 2 (or 3) Day Drive Between Phoenix & Palm Springs?
- 11 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 12 5 days in Colorado
- 13 Trip to northern California
- 14 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 15 40th in Key West
- 16 Downtown Chicago
- 17 Homeless family murdered in Staten Island Motel
- 18 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 19 Alaska -public transport
- 20 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 21 Hamilton Broadway
- 22 Nashville and Gatlinburg
- 23 Restaurants in Tucson, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Sedona
- 24 NYC with 5 kids- SOLO
- 25 Avoiding tunnels driving from Atlanta to Philadelphia
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,