Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Watch NFL 11 December 2016 Live online hdtv coverage
- 2 Is Myrtle Beach, SC a good option for new years weekend?
- 3 Suggestions for beach towns on FL west coast?
- 4 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 5 Special Rate for LGA
- 6 Itinerary help please - Monterey & Sonoma
- 7 Jazzfest side trips
- 8 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 9 East Nashville or Hillsboro Village
- 10 Miami
- 11 Weegee...you can't be a 'nice Nellie' and do street photography
- 12 Back from the Big Easy
- 13 Driving Alaska
- 14 Oregon or California to Nebraska
- 15 Zion National Park Hikes and HOtels
- 16 Yellowstone/Grand Tetons (Oct 2016)
- 17 Traveling into the US with Alcohol
- 18 March in New Mexico
- 19 San Francisco/Northern California Trip
- 20 In search of cool beach town in the Carolinas
- 21 Transportation suggestions from Charleston Executive Airport
- 22 DIA to Estes Park in mid-Feb. 4x4?
- 23 Border crossing
- 24 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 25 Last minute Keys Trip Advice Please
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,