Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 universal studios and disney
- 2 marriot cypress harbour
- 3 Savannah hotel
- 4 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 5 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 6 Hotel in Reno
- 7 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 8 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 9 Hwy 1/Big Sur Update
- 10 Visiting Glacier Nat'l Park with 18 mo old.
- 11 Westhester/Bronx/Yonkers area event planning
- 12 Big Island of Hawaii - itinerary ideas for 7-10 day trip
- 13 Oregon: Portland, Redwood NP, Crater Lake
- 14 Retiring to Tucson
- 15 Trinity Site, NM
- 16 Santa Fe Itineray
- 17 Moab Weekend with Kids
- 18 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 19 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 20 Bar Harbor to Boston
- 21 Southwest Road Trip in Oct
- 22 Charleston and/or Savannah in 4 days
- 23 North Carolina airports
- 24 Saturday traffic heading to the Outer Banks
- 25 Boston to Naples florida
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,