Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Jersey Shore to NYC?
- 2 Fiery Furnace Hike in Arches national park
- 3 Why you shouldn't hang your purse over the back of your chair in Boston
- 4 One week roundtrip LAX - Advice Please
- 5 Kauai Garden tours
- 6 California San Diego area lodging
- 7 Kaanapali Beach Hotel- Maui
- 8 Student-budget trip to NewYorkCity HELP please
- 9 Bar Harbor and Boston
- 10 Maui - Haleakala
- 11 Utah 2
- 12 Hotel: Union Sq. or Fisherman's Wharf?
- 13 Dessert with a view in Monterey?
- 14 Small group dining in Napa area
- 15 Portland to San Fransisco in 7 days in mid March
- 16 Kauai - rainy forecast every day of our trip!
- 17 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!
- 18 Best to do list on Hawaii
- 19 Hawaii is still Hell
- 20 Las Vegas in March
- 21 Montana- what are must see places?
- 22 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 23 Sunrise Easter service-Napa and Sonoma
- 24 Sea world San Diego
- 25 Utah 2