Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 road trip
- 2 Driving south from Washington DC, but where??
- 3 FLL to Key West
- 4 New England Road Trip
- 5 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 6 Help with NE (Maine, Boston, Cape Cod) Trip
- 7 Roadtrippin on Route 66
- 8 Driving from San Fran to Seattle
- 9 AZ and UT family road trip-seeking advice
- 10 Road trip from Saint Louis, Mo
- 11 Recommend an ATV Tour in UT, AZ or CO
- 12 Best way from Niagara Falls to Washington DC
- 13 Sept trip: San Diego, Disneyland and...?
- 14 Bringing gift box abroad as carry on?
- 15 Yosemite traffic worth it for 2-3 days?
- 16 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 17 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 18 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 19 San Francisco, Las Vegas - Where next?
- 20 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 21 Got error in dell printer 016-302
- 22 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 23 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 24 New Itinerary
- 25 Las vegas and nearby
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,