Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tipping advice
- 2 Charming,not too expensive restaurant recommendations needed
- 3 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 4 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 5 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 6 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 7 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 8 NW Houston restaurant help
- 9 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 10 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 11 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 12 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 13 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 14 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 15 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 16 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 17 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 18 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 19 charleston during Christmas Week
- 20 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 21 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 22 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 23 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 24 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 25 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation