Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 2 Planning family gathering in Sedona
- 3 Laguna Beach, what to do
- 4 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 5 Stony Point, NC to Richmond, VA and surrounding areas... help, please!
- 6 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 7 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 8 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 9 San Diego parks and attractions
- 10 Door County Suggestions
- 11 First family ski trip
- 12 Visiting Denver
- 13 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 14 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 15 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 16 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 17 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 18 NYC theatre broadway
- 19 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 20 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 21 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 22 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 23 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 24 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 25 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!