Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 2 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 3 NYC Trip report
- 4 A week in NYC - first timers
- 5 Hotel for group trip to Newport, RI
- 6 Chicago to Appleton, WI how to....
- 7 SAN FRANCISCO Columbus Weekend Week
- 8 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 9 Canon beach lodging
- 10 Trip Advice Sought Southwest Trip
- 11 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 12 Road trip Miami to Maine May/June 2016
- 13 Ideas for New Orleans trip
- 14 FLA testing the waters
- 15 Covered parking outside Boston and near public transportation
- 16 Mid September New England trip itinerary
- 17 Stops in Vermont/Southern NH
- 18 Self drive from Mt Rushmore to Denver
- 19 SEPTA system in Philadelphia
- 20 Boston restaurants
- 21 Itinerary Critique
- 22 Tucson in February
- 23 Lets each do a post
- 24 Relative Merits of Living in Various Areas in LA
- 25 Help with visit for a month!!
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,