Hello Savannah lovers,
I'll be staying *WITHOUT A CAR* very near the Owens-Thomas House, so not far from Oglethorpe Square and Columbia Square. For part of my 5-day stay this December 29-January 2nd, my uncle and his girlfriend will hanging out with me, coming from nearby Beaufort SC with their car (I'll be spending one day in Beaufort), so we'll have a few meals together.
This said, I'll have quite a number of meals where I'll be on my own. Dining solo I find narrows down possibilities of dining options, at least where I feel comfortable going. Places with counter seating and sit-down unpretentious places put me at ease when I dine solo. Healthy options, soup/sandwich joints or Southern home-style cooking would be great (I love vegetarian too, although I do eat meat) but I'm pretty open-minded as far as food is concerned. I love walking and don't mind trekking a bit to get to a spot. I'm trying to find options that keep me from chickening out and ending up all the time at something familiar like a Subway (where I ended up last December one evening in Charleston for my first ever visit there, very disappointed in myself).
I'm looking forward to my first ever visit to Savannah!
Best wishes Daniel
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ridiculous Pacific Northwest Road Trip
- 2 First Time to Seattle-Portland-Willamette Valley
- 3 time to visit statue
- 4 Luau Worth the Money or Not?
- 5 ground transportation NYC to DC and connecting to MARC
- 6 Is there a train from SAN (airport) to Encinitas?
- 7 Looking to move from North Carolina to Colorado
- 8 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 9 Aladin tickets in NYC
- 10 Chester, CN
- 11 Suggestion for Hotel by Ford Museum/Tour
- 12 transportation from Plano TX to Norman OK
- 13 Sunset at Haleakala Summit - Maui, Hawaii
- 14 good restaurant near Nawiliwili port, Kauai
- 15 Ouray to Aspen or Carbondale to Estes
- 16 Northern California Gardens.
- 17 Civilian Visit to Schofield Barracks and Kolekole Pass
- 18 Planning a 12-13 Day Cali Trip SF to SD
- 19 Hawaii wedding
- 20 Charleston Itinerary Feedback Please
- 21 Route 66
- 22 Itinerary help Oregon: 9 nights
- 23 ASAP Help w/San Fran to San Diego 12 day road trip with young kids
- 24 Glacier National Park Helicopter/Plane tours
- 25 Big Beach, Makena State Park - Maui, Hawaii
Places a Solo Diner Would Feel Comfortable Historic District Savannah
Hello Savannah lovers,