We are a couple in our 50's from Buffalo NY and will be visiting the Pittsburgh PA area this coming weekend (Oct. 12-14). We will be touring the Frank Lloyd Wright Falling Water house on Friday at 4:30 and from there will be staying in Pittsburgh on Friday and Saturday nights. Is the Ohiopyle State Park near Falling Water worth exploring? Any suggestions for a late lunch near Falling Water on Friday? Our hotel (thru Priceline) is the Marriott City Center. I know it's a little off the beaten path. I am looking for suggestions on restaurants and what to do in Pittsburgh on Saturday and Sunday morning. We won't have much time and would like to get a "feel" for the City. We like exploring neighborhoods and don't mind doing alot of walking. We enjoy steak/seafood/pasta and our dinner budget would be $20-35 per person (entree). Also, any suggestions for our route from Buffalo? The most direct route is through Pittsburgh but an alternate route that is a little longer but is probably more scenic is Route 219 to PA 66. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
View all United States activity »
- 1 Disney Florida - Which parks to go for 1.5 days?
- 2 Any additions to my general plan for 2 night stay in Jacksonville (no car)?
- 3 Charlotte Area Suggestions
- 4 Wailea Maui Restaurants
- 5 Traveling the U.S. by car for a long time!
- 6 Group Tahoe Ski/Snowboard Feb Trip Planning, help!
- 7 Best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas 14 and 11 yo boys?
- 8 Savanah Sojourn
- 9 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 10 One day in Washington DC
- 11 How to safely transport a newborn baby in downtown Chicago without your own car?
- 12 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 13 Special Chrstmas Tree
- 14 Staying at the Omni in downtown austin. Anywhere to park cheaper?
- 15 South Florida luxury hotels with a 5 year old
- 16 Help! Travel plans to USA West Coast
- 17 RIP Judy Rogers
- 18 Fun restaurants in New Orleans
- 19 Road trip across the USA - looking for suggestions.
- 20 Boston area
- 21 10 day Hawaii Vacations
- 22 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 23 Maybe a trip to NYC will make my 16 year old think Mom's okay
- 24 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 25 South Lake Tahoe (end of December 2013)