We are a couple in our 50's from Buffalo NY and will be visiting the Pittsburgh PA area this coming weekend (Oct. 12-14). We will be touring the Frank Lloyd Wright Falling Water house on Friday at 4:30 and from there will be staying in Pittsburgh on Friday and Saturday nights. Is the Ohiopyle State Park near Falling Water worth exploring? Any suggestions for a late lunch near Falling Water on Friday? Our hotel (thru Priceline) is the Marriott City Center. I know it's a little off the beaten path. I am looking for suggestions on restaurants and what to do in Pittsburgh on Saturday and Sunday morning. We won't have much time and would like to get a "feel" for the City. We like exploring neighborhoods and don't mind doing alot of walking. We enjoy steak/seafood/pasta and our dinner budget would be $20-35 per person (entree). Also, any suggestions for our route from Buffalo? The most direct route is through Pittsburgh but an alternate route that is a little longer but is probably more scenic is Route 219 to PA 66. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First visit in New Mexico
- 2 Please help with four days in Boston-Cambridge-Salem
- 3 Business trip SFO - LAX and Standard Hotel
- 4 Zion Shuttle Bus Info
- 5 Acoma vs. Taos Pueblos
- 6 Maine in latter half of September
- 7 Grand Marais?
- 8 Scottsdale, Sedona, Grand Canyon
- 9 Mukilteo to Whidbey Is. via Deception Pass & a ferry return??
- 10 D.C. restaurants for families.
- 11 Colorado trip
- 12 roast beef dinner in Manhattan
- 13 10 day Northern California Itinerary
- 14 Cape cod and Acadia
- 15 Where is the best shrimp on Oahu
- 16 Seattle to LA (or not).
- 17 Cross country back roads from Ortonville MN to Las Cruces NM
- 18 trip outside of San Francisco with kids
- 19 Minneapolis hotel - special occasion
- 20 Central US goecaching trip via Amtrak
- 21 Grand Teton in October
- 22 Trip Update: Road trip from GA to NY on student budget
- 23 adams morgan - safety
- 24 How much to tip for Free tour on Foot
- 25 Minneapolis-Where to stay?