We are a couple in our 50's from Buffalo NY and will be visiting the Pittsburgh PA area this coming weekend (Oct. 12-14). We will be touring the Frank Lloyd Wright Falling Water house on Friday at 4:30 and from there will be staying in Pittsburgh on Friday and Saturday nights. Is the Ohiopyle State Park near Falling Water worth exploring? Any suggestions for a late lunch near Falling Water on Friday? Our hotel (thru Priceline) is the Marriott City Center. I know it's a little off the beaten path. I am looking for suggestions on restaurants and what to do in Pittsburgh on Saturday and Sunday morning. We won't have much time and would like to get a "feel" for the City. We like exploring neighborhoods and don't mind doing alot of walking. We enjoy steak/seafood/pasta and our dinner budget would be $20-35 per person (entree). Also, any suggestions for our route from Buffalo? The most direct route is through Pittsburgh but an alternate route that is a little longer but is probably more scenic is Route 219 to PA 66. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 2 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 3 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 4 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 5 New York City Subway Fare Payment
- 6 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 7 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 8 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 9 Rafting in Wisconsin
- 10 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 11 Cocoa Beach Restaurant Recommendations near Courtyard Cocoa Beach
- 12 Hawaii Trip. Paradise Lost (Or At Least Misplaced)
- 13 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 14 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 15 Phoenix restaurants
- 16 5 week in US/Mexico
- 17 Camping at Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion and Arches
- 18 10 day trip to California
- 19 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 20 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 21 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 22 Rafting near Denali
- 23 New York City Restaurants
- 24 Oregon to SF - avoid Coastal Route
- 25 Kennedy Space Center