We are a couple in our 50's from Buffalo NY and will be visiting the Pittsburgh PA area this coming weekend (Oct. 12-14). We will be touring the Frank Lloyd Wright Falling Water house on Friday at 4:30 and from there will be staying in Pittsburgh on Friday and Saturday nights. Is the Ohiopyle State Park near Falling Water worth exploring? Any suggestions for a late lunch near Falling Water on Friday? Our hotel (thru Priceline) is the Marriott City Center. I know it's a little off the beaten path. I am looking for suggestions on restaurants and what to do in Pittsburgh on Saturday and Sunday morning. We won't have much time and would like to get a "feel" for the City. We like exploring neighborhoods and don't mind doing alot of walking. We enjoy steak/seafood/pasta and our dinner budget would be $20-35 per person (entree). Also, any suggestions for our route from Buffalo? The most direct route is through Pittsburgh but an alternate route that is a little longer but is probably more scenic is Route 219 to PA 66. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 From NY to Miami with 3 teenage kids
- 2 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 3 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 4 Wyndham timeshares--should we or shouldn't
- 5 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 6 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 7 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 8 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 9 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 10 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 11 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 12 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 13 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 14 Tipping advice
- 15 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 16 charleston during Christmas Week
- 17 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 18 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 19 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 20 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 21 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 22 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 23 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 24 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 25 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?