Thinking about taking my brother and his two kids for a weekend in Pittsburgh this spring. It would be kind of midway between us, and easy for him to drive with the two kiddos. Plus I will see how they handle something short and close to home - to get them ready for longer trips with Aunty when they get older!
What are the sorts of things kids would enjoy there? I'm thinking of the Carnegie Museum, for starters (isn't that the one that has the dinosaurs?) and if we time it right, maybe a Pirates game. My 8 yr old nephew would enjoy that. I bet my 6 yr old niece would too.
The idea is that once we get there, no more driving while there. Preferably walking or cabs if needed. We won't have time for Kennywood, in other words.
What would be a central area to stay, too? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Martha's Vineyard or Chatham?
- 2 Easy to Moderate Hikes - Moab Area
- 3 14 day Road Trip: Zion NP to Seattle/North Cascade NP
- 4 Chicago - Family Weekend
- 5 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 6 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 7 flying from los angeles to see the south ??
- 8 North Carolina Coast
- 9 Yosemite/SNP/SFO itinerary
- 10 Saratoga Springs, NY, Current Information Wanted
- 11 NYC with wheelchair
- 12 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 13 Mill Valley California Walks and Hikes
- 14 Vacation Destination for Large Family
- 15 TRYP Hotel in NYC?
- 16 6 nights in Colorado with family itinerary help
- 17 Casual dinner in the theater district
- 18 hawaii location for young couple needed
- 19 New Orleans logistics
- 20 Itinerary help for a 3-night stay in NYC?
- 21 Hilton Head
- 22 Drive time from Lynwood to CenturyLink Field
- 23 Texas exploring for 18 days
- 24 louisiana bayou
- 25 The Adolphus