Thinking about taking my brother and his two kids for a weekend in Pittsburgh this spring. It would be kind of midway between us, and easy for him to drive with the two kiddos. Plus I will see how they handle something short and close to home - to get them ready for longer trips with Aunty when they get older!
What are the sorts of things kids would enjoy there? I'm thinking of the Carnegie Museum, for starters (isn't that the one that has the dinosaurs?) and if we time it right, maybe a Pirates game. My 8 yr old nephew would enjoy that. I bet my 6 yr old niece would too.
The idea is that once we get there, no more driving while there. Preferably walking or cabs if needed. We won't have time for Kennywood, in other words.
What would be a central area to stay, too? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disney for Florida residents
- 2 40th in Key West
- 3 4-5 day active vacation/road trip from NY/NJ
- 4 First Trip to Texas -
- 5 Grand Circle - need to add 3 nights
- 6 Transport LGA to Grand Central
- 7 8-Hour Napali Fishing Charter with Kids?
- 8 Las Vegas and Area - Nature and Hiking
- 9 Charleston+Kiawah+Asheville+?
- 10 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 11 Driving from NY to Boston in February
- 12 What to do in San Diego
- 13 Our Boston Getaway
- 14 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 15 Accomodation in NYC under USD150/
- 16 San Francisco during Super Bowl week
- 17 Whale Watching in Kauai
- 18 Another great trip to 4 Corners area
- 19 What to do in New York?
- 20 When do school start again in August?
- 21 Havasu Falls/Grand Canyon Hike
- 22 Yosemite
- 23 DNA test re: ancestry - had it done?
- 24 Summer Vaca Destination for families driving from Michigan and Georgia?
- 25 California + Las Vegas & Grand Canyon for 12-15 Day Trip in May