Thinking about taking my brother and his two kids for a weekend in Pittsburgh this spring. It would be kind of midway between us, and easy for him to drive with the two kiddos. Plus I will see how they handle something short and close to home - to get them ready for longer trips with Aunty when they get older!
What are the sorts of things kids would enjoy there? I'm thinking of the Carnegie Museum, for starters (isn't that the one that has the dinosaurs?) and if we time it right, maybe a Pirates game. My 8 yr old nephew would enjoy that. I bet my 6 yr old niece would too.
The idea is that once we get there, no more driving while there. Preferably walking or cabs if needed. We won't have time for Kennywood, in other words.
What would be a central area to stay, too? Thanks!
Pittsburgh with a 6 and 8 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 DiBruno Brothers - what should I buy?
- 2 How to dress in Vegas
- 3 New York accommodation - apartment for family needed (winter)
- 4 Need suggestions: 6-day Thanksgiving trip Seattle,Portland,Vancouver(maybe)
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 Las vegas-Zion-Bryce-Antelope
- 7 Broadway Fall and Winter 2014/15
- 8 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 Need good hotel for couple with teen daughter for 2 nights: shopping, plays, not over $600. Which???
- 11 charlotte
- 12 Ski Season Underway in Colorado
- 13 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 14 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 15 Ideas for short driving tour around Washington DC, please
- 16 Sonoma or napa?
- 17 USA trip
- 18 Black Hills Trip Report
- 19 Nashville TN to Newark NJ
- 20 sleepy hollow NY......what to do????
- 21 Driving around Grand Canyon NP?
- 22 Cape Cod in October
- 23 Air Connections on Maui
- 24 Theater Historians
- 25 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!