Thinking about taking my brother and his two kids for a weekend in Pittsburgh this spring. It would be kind of midway between us, and easy for him to drive with the two kiddos. Plus I will see how they handle something short and close to home - to get them ready for longer trips with Aunty when they get older!
What are the sorts of things kids would enjoy there? I'm thinking of the Carnegie Museum, for starters (isn't that the one that has the dinosaurs?) and if we time it right, maybe a Pirates game. My 8 yr old nephew would enjoy that. I bet my 6 yr old niece would too.
The idea is that once we get there, no more driving while there. Preferably walking or cabs if needed. We won't have time for Kennywood, in other words.
What would be a central area to stay, too? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Driving CA 395
- 2 Maui and Kauai
- 3 Yosemite - importance of staying in park?
- 4 50th Anniversary ocean stay with luxuries?
- 5 Hotel location Albuquerque
- 6 New England Tour
- 7 Short warm weather family vacation in January or February
- 8 Glacier National Park 2018
- 9 Hawaii wedding
- 10 I-84 Columbia Gorge
- 11 Adirondacks trip repot
- 12 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 13 Suggestions for Sedona and Grand Canyon
- 14 Great Lakes extended road trip
- 15 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
- 16 Looking for areas to live? Commuting to Palo Alto
- 17 Philadelphia Traffic Help
- 18 sf Chinatown restaurant
- 19 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 20 City of Seattle: What we might miss and the kick ourselves later
- 21 Downtown Denver hotel
- 22 When will Key West be recovered from Irma?
- 23 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 24 Olympic National Park (3-4 Days)
- 25 San Diego VRBO area