Thinking about taking my brother and his two kids for a weekend in Pittsburgh this spring. It would be kind of midway between us, and easy for him to drive with the two kiddos. Plus I will see how they handle something short and close to home - to get them ready for longer trips with Aunty when they get older!
What are the sorts of things kids would enjoy there? I'm thinking of the Carnegie Museum, for starters (isn't that the one that has the dinosaurs?) and if we time it right, maybe a Pirates game. My 8 yr old nephew would enjoy that. I bet my 6 yr old niece would too.
The idea is that once we get there, no more driving while there. Preferably walking or cabs if needed. We won't have time for Kennywood, in other words.
What would be a central area to stay, too? Thanks!
Pittsburgh with a 6 and 8 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 2 Denver in a half day
- 3 Visiting Denver
- 4 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 5 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 6 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 7 First family ski trip
- 8 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 9 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 10 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 11 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 12 Oahu ideas
- 13 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 14 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 15 Best places to move to Florida?
- 16 West Coast Bound End of March
- 17 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 18 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 19 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 20 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 21 Key Largo, FL
- 22 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 23 Death Valley in June
- 24 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 25 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?