Thinking about taking my brother and his two kids for a weekend in Pittsburgh this spring. It would be kind of midway between us, and easy for him to drive with the two kiddos. Plus I will see how they handle something short and close to home - to get them ready for longer trips with Aunty when they get older!
What are the sorts of things kids would enjoy there? I'm thinking of the Carnegie Museum, for starters (isn't that the one that has the dinosaurs?) and if we time it right, maybe a Pirates game. My 8 yr old nephew would enjoy that. I bet my 6 yr old niece would too.
The idea is that once we get there, no more driving while there. Preferably walking or cabs if needed. We won't have time for Kennywood, in other words.
What would be a central area to stay, too? Thanks!
Pittsburgh with a 6 and 8 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Visiting Denver
- 2 New Hampshire Itinerary
- 3 Summer trip in New England (15 days)
- 4 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 5 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 6 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 7 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 8 NYC theatre broadway
- 9 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 10 First family ski trip
- 11 Suggestions? Family of four that like National Parks
- 12 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 13 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 14 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 15 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 16 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 17 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 18 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 19 Visiting Denver
- 20 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 22 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 23 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 24 Denver in a half day
- 25 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando