Thinking about taking my brother and his two kids for a weekend in Pittsburgh this spring. It would be kind of midway between us, and easy for him to drive with the two kiddos. Plus I will see how they handle something short and close to home - to get them ready for longer trips with Aunty when they get older!
What are the sorts of things kids would enjoy there? I'm thinking of the Carnegie Museum, for starters (isn't that the one that has the dinosaurs?) and if we time it right, maybe a Pirates game. My 8 yr old nephew would enjoy that. I bet my 6 yr old niece would too.
The idea is that once we get there, no more driving while there. Preferably walking or cabs if needed. We won't have time for Kennywood, in other words.
What would be a central area to stay, too? Thanks!
Pittsburgh with a 6 and 8 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Brooklyn why?
- 2 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 3 Valdez (keystone canyon falls)? Matanuska? and other itinerary help
- 4 Boston to PEI: Where would YOU stop over?
- 5 New York City Restaurants
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 WISCONSIN
- 9 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 10 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 11 Hotel to stay before Channel Islands
- 12 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 13 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 14 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 15 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 16 Trip to Portland and Oregon Wine Tour
- 17 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 18 Dining in D.C.
- 19 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 20 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 21 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 22 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 23 Napa Girls Getaway - Need hotel advice
- 24 Colorado in the summer!
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH