Thinking about taking my brother and his two kids for a weekend in Pittsburgh this spring. It would be kind of midway between us, and easy for him to drive with the two kiddos. Plus I will see how they handle something short and close to home - to get them ready for longer trips with Aunty when they get older!
What are the sorts of things kids would enjoy there? I'm thinking of the Carnegie Museum, for starters (isn't that the one that has the dinosaurs?) and if we time it right, maybe a Pirates game. My 8 yr old nephew would enjoy that. I bet my 6 yr old niece would too.
The idea is that once we get there, no more driving while there. Preferably walking or cabs if needed. We won't have time for Kennywood, in other words.
What would be a central area to stay, too? Thanks!
Pittsburgh with a 6 and 8 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 2 Temecula< CA
- 3 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 4 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 5 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 6 Vegas hotels for families
- 7 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 8 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 9 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 10 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 11 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 12 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 13 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 14 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 15 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 16 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 17 Transportation help in Philly
- 18 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 19 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 20 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 21 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 22 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 23 Hilton Midtown New York
- 24 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 25 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?