Thinking about taking my brother and his two kids for a weekend in Pittsburgh this spring. It would be kind of midway between us, and easy for him to drive with the two kiddos. Plus I will see how they handle something short and close to home - to get them ready for longer trips with Aunty when they get older!
What are the sorts of things kids would enjoy there? I'm thinking of the Carnegie Museum, for starters (isn't that the one that has the dinosaurs?) and if we time it right, maybe a Pirates game. My 8 yr old nephew would enjoy that. I bet my 6 yr old niece would too.
The idea is that once we get there, no more driving while there. Preferably walking or cabs if needed. We won't have time for Kennywood, in other words.
What would be a central area to stay, too? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Using Tripmasters for Hawaiian trip
- 2 Cape Cod visit in August
- 3 Classic NYC Deli
- 4 Is this a new record for spam?
- 5 route tips Ashland OR to Durango, Pasgosa Springs
- 6 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 7 8 day trip to Florida
- 8 which indian rock beach, Fl or fort Lauderdale beach
- 9 San Fran to Napa and back to Carmel, Big Sur, Cambria, Santa Monica
- 10 Weekend trip wine-tasting on Long Island
- 11 Buying wine New York City
- 12 Sedona to Vegas
- 13 Stowe, Vermont in September
- 14 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 15 Driving Houston George Bush to Galveston
- 16 Tulip time
- 17 Portland, Or. to Seattle & Vancouver Canada and Back
- 18 Nashville Public Transportation
- 19 duty free question with connecting flights to US
- 20 Mount Rainier Seattle Washington
- 21 Getting to Oneonta or Delhi, NY
- 22 Has anyone been to Georgetown in Brooklyn?
- 23 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 24 Driving from Denver to San Francisco in July
- 25 Travel from Boise, Idaho to Grand Canyon