Thinking about taking my brother and his two kids for a weekend in Pittsburgh this spring. It would be kind of midway between us, and easy for him to drive with the two kiddos. Plus I will see how they handle something short and close to home - to get them ready for longer trips with Aunty when they get older!
What are the sorts of things kids would enjoy there? I'm thinking of the Carnegie Museum, for starters (isn't that the one that has the dinosaurs?) and if we time it right, maybe a Pirates game. My 8 yr old nephew would enjoy that. I bet my 6 yr old niece would too.
The idea is that once we get there, no more driving while there. Preferably walking or cabs if needed. We won't have time for Kennywood, in other words.
What would be a central area to stay, too? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Polynesian Cultural Centre
- 2 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 3 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 4 NYC bus tour suggestions
- 5 Arizona in late January
- 6 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 7 Arizona in winter
- 8 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 9 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 10 A Few Days in Asheville
- 11 My parents planned a vacation for me without asking.
- 12 DC restaurant report
- 13 University of Florida, Gainesville Breakfast Spot
- 14 Going to Oahu December 1-8
- 15 trip repor 5th-8th October
- 16 Key West
- 17 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 18 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 19 moving to Florida
- 20 Neue Galerie
- 21 HELP! Solo road trip - the Deep south - Hints & Tips needed!
- 22 Going from Savanah to thru Smokey Mountains and to the Blue Ridge
- 23 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 24 national park during thanksgiving
- 25 DC Tours, Washington, DC