Thinking about taking my brother and his two kids for a weekend in Pittsburgh this spring. It would be kind of midway between us, and easy for him to drive with the two kiddos. Plus I will see how they handle something short and close to home - to get them ready for longer trips with Aunty when they get older!
What are the sorts of things kids would enjoy there? I'm thinking of the Carnegie Museum, for starters (isn't that the one that has the dinosaurs?) and if we time it right, maybe a Pirates game. My 8 yr old nephew would enjoy that. I bet my 6 yr old niece would too.
The idea is that once we get there, no more driving while there. Preferably walking or cabs if needed. We won't have time for Kennywood, in other words.
What would be a central area to stay, too? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 How many states have you been to?
- 2 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 3 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 4 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 5 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 6 Retiring in NM?
- 7 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 8 Skagway
- 9 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 10 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 11 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 12 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 13 Honeymoon out west.
- 14 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 15 Chicago to Charleston
- 16 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 17 Route Planning for East USA
- 18 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 19 Utah National Parks visit
- 20 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 21 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 22 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 23 universal studios and disney
- 24 Visit to St. Simons Island, Georgia
- 25 Hotel Valencia, San Antonio RiverWalk