Thinking about taking my brother and his two kids for a weekend in Pittsburgh this spring. It would be kind of midway between us, and easy for him to drive with the two kiddos. Plus I will see how they handle something short and close to home - to get them ready for longer trips with Aunty when they get older!
What are the sorts of things kids would enjoy there? I'm thinking of the Carnegie Museum, for starters (isn't that the one that has the dinosaurs?) and if we time it right, maybe a Pirates game. My 8 yr old nephew would enjoy that. I bet my 6 yr old niece would too.
The idea is that once we get there, no more driving while there. Preferably walking or cabs if needed. We won't have time for Kennywood, in other words.
What would be a central area to stay, too? Thanks!
Pittsburgh with a 6 and 8 yr old
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to go in Maine?
- 2 Jersey City Parking
- 3 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 4 rain in Kauai
- 5 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 6 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 7 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 8 Autumn stay on Cape Cod
- 9 SF to DR? WTH!
- 10 Kennebunkport and....?
- 11 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 12 NYC Itinerary Help
- 13 Christmas cruise in Hawaii
- 14 WISCONSIN
- 15 VRBO/Airbnb rental status in San Francisco
- 16 Washington DC Self Planned Walking Tour
- 17 Baggage on United and Delta Flights
- 18 Washington DC in May for 4 days
- 19 Washington, D.C. trip report...
- 20 Someplace warm and beachfront for winter 2015
- 21 MICHIGAN - UPPER PENINSULA
- 22 West coast and East coast trip for 18 days
- 23 MACINAC ISLAND, MI TO CHICAGO, IL
- 24 Washington, DC to Boston
- 25 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint