My wife and I are going to a Phillies game on September 10th and we decided that considering our proximity to NYC, we'd try to fit a couple days in there as well.
My question is where to stay in between the two cities that would offer the least complicated way into New York via train or bus. Ideally, we'd like to go to Brooklyn but I've heard that you have to go to Penn station regardless and then get a transfer?
I should mention that we plan on driving to Philly and when we go to New York, parking at whatever transit station we leave from.
Also, how much busier will New York or Brooklyn be on September 11th. Will we still be able to do some sightseeing and shopping without much hassle? Should we plan on major delays transit wise? Thanks
Philly/New York trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 2 Restaurant recommendations for lower east side & upper west side
- 3 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 4 6 Weeks in the U.S./ London with Two 60ish Young At Heart
- 5 palm desert, CA
- 6 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 7 Restaurant recommendations for Washington DC - city centre
- 8 Scouting Mt. Dora, Florida
- 9 Turning right with red traffic light ?
- 10 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 11 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 12 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 13 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 14 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 15 Houston in September
- 16 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 17 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 18 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 19 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 20 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 21 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 22 New York Trip
- 23 Balloon fest hotels
- 24 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 25 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast