My wife and I are going to a Phillies game on September 10th and we decided that considering our proximity to NYC, we'd try to fit a couple days in there as well.
My question is where to stay in between the two cities that would offer the least complicated way into New York via train or bus. Ideally, we'd like to go to Brooklyn but I've heard that you have to go to Penn station regardless and then get a transfer?
I should mention that we plan on driving to Philly and when we go to New York, parking at whatever transit station we leave from.
Also, how much busier will New York or Brooklyn be on September 11th. Will we still be able to do some sightseeing and shopping without much hassle? Should we plan on major delays transit wise? Thanks
Philly/New York trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California road trip
- 2 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 3 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 4 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 5 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 6 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 7 ONP help
- 8 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 9 Savanah Sojourn
- 10 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 11 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 12 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 13 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 14 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 15 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 16 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 17 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 18 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 19 Seattle Hyatts
- 20 Seattle: Something Different?
- 21 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 22 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 23 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 24 Best non-nature activites around Yellowstone and Grand Teton?
- 25 Mesa Verde National Park - a Photo Album on Flickr