My wife and I are going to a Phillies game on September 10th and we decided that considering our proximity to NYC, we'd try to fit a couple days in there as well.
My question is where to stay in between the two cities that would offer the least complicated way into New York via train or bus. Ideally, we'd like to go to Brooklyn but I've heard that you have to go to Penn station regardless and then get a transfer?
I should mention that we plan on driving to Philly and when we go to New York, parking at whatever transit station we leave from.
Also, how much busier will New York or Brooklyn be on September 11th. Will we still be able to do some sightseeing and shopping without much hassle? Should we plan on major delays transit wise? Thanks
Philly/New York trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 2 culpepper
- 3 Broadway Banter 2014: Starting off with book recommendation
- 4 Keystone, CO & area - inside activities?
- 5 Fancy dining
- 6 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 7 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 8 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 9 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 10 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 11 Road Trip SW
- 12 Where to stay on Kauai...does time of year really matter?
- 13 vegas with two teens 13 & 14yo
- 14 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 15 Week in Colorado Springs with 9 & 7 year old. Advice
- 16 Top Of the Rock Reservations
- 17 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 18 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 19 Charlotte restaurant help
- 20 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 21 Concert at Red Rocks in CO
- 22 Itinerary opinions
- 23 moving to florida
- 24 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 25 Alaska railroad?