My wife and I are going to a Phillies game on September 10th and we decided that considering our proximity to NYC, we'd try to fit a couple days in there as well.
My question is where to stay in between the two cities that would offer the least complicated way into New York via train or bus. Ideally, we'd like to go to Brooklyn but I've heard that you have to go to Penn station regardless and then get a transfer?
I should mention that we plan on driving to Philly and when we go to New York, parking at whatever transit station we leave from.
Also, how much busier will New York or Brooklyn be on September 11th. Will we still be able to do some sightseeing and shopping without much hassle? Should we plan on major delays transit wise? Thanks
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 disneyland
- 2 Restaurant Recommendations mid-city Manhattan
- 3 Eastern California Winter Roadtrip
- 4 2016/17 Ski Season Opens
- 5 Glacier and Grand Tetons: June or July
- 6 Las Vegas Vacation
- 7 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 8 Savannah and Charleston over New Years.
- 9 moving to Florida
- 10 Arizona in winter
- 11 Warmth in December without Zika??
- 12 Washington DC Trip in December with Small Children
- 13 Advertising Sublets in NYC Now Illegal - Air BnB Has Pulled Listings
- 14 DC restaurant report
- 15 Travel in Houston and surrounding area
- 16 Trip Report: San Francisco, Monterey, Wine Country
- 17 The famous SF -> Seattle road trip
- 18 Northern California Redwoods
- 19 Southwestern Virginia Ideas?
- 20 Smoky Mountains Honeymoon
- 21 East Tennesee to mohonk.
- 22 Neue Galerie
- 23 SF with school-age kids -- too much to choose!
- 24 Thoughts on our Palm Springs Plans
- 25 Polynesian Cultural Centre