My wife and I are going to a Phillies game on September 10th and we decided that considering our proximity to NYC, we'd try to fit a couple days in there as well.
My question is where to stay in between the two cities that would offer the least complicated way into New York via train or bus. Ideally, we'd like to go to Brooklyn but I've heard that you have to go to Penn station regardless and then get a transfer?
I should mention that we plan on driving to Philly and when we go to New York, parking at whatever transit station we leave from.
Also, how much busier will New York or Brooklyn be on September 11th. Will we still be able to do some sightseeing and shopping without much hassle? Should we plan on major delays transit wise? Thanks
Philly/New York trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip March from Atlanta
- 2 Quick Austin weekend itinerary review
- 3 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 4 Best Destination in USA
- 5 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 6 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 7 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 8 Dinner stop between Boston and Bradley Airport in CT (Windsor)
- 9 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 10 x mas
- 11 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 12 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 13 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 14 Last Minute NYE Trip to DC - Fancy Tea? Other special ideas...Wanted
- 15 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 16 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 17 US 101 closed N of Florence
- 18 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 19 Deep South roadtrip, 3 weeks, 2 more Brits needing your help!
- 20 Help with seeing Rocky Mountain National Park
- 21 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 22 Choosing best Seats Radio City
- 23 New Orleans help please
- 24 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 25 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach