Looking for some sage advice.
We are passing through Philadelphia this Fall. Yes, I know -- passing through does not do justice to a visit to that great city. But that's all the chance we have.
We are towing a camping trailer, a pop-up. We would not want to try to tow in and park the whole rig downtown. So we are looking for an easier and relatively safer option, perhaps a rail station that is on the perimeter of the city and we would ride in to see Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and all. Or maybe there are options we are unaware of.
Though our mid-day visit is too brief, we'd benefit from some kind counsel from folks who are in the know. If you were being careful for your vehicles and your trailer and wanted to park and ride in to see Philadelphia's historic center, how would you do it?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 SF-Yosemite-Monterey Peninsula
- 2 Moving to a new state looking for advice
- 3 Itinerary suggestion for southern Utah and Arizona
- 4 Looking for Panhandle advice
- 5 New Years Eve in NYC
- 6 Moving to Florida from Oregon
- 7 Vernal, Utah with Teens Trip Report
- 8 Today it rained…on the road in the PNW
- 9 Yellowstone
- 10 Broadway Banter? Fall 2016 - calling HowardR
- 11 Seeking adivce- 12 days Oregon only or OR/WA
- 12 Redwoods National Park
- 13 Driving from Sacramento to San Francisco
- 14 LA! Active, FUN couple - area to stay/itenerary
- 15 Rattlesnake Ledge
- 16 March 2017 condo rental ?
- 17 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 18 New Mexico in May
- 19 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 20 Dining in Old Town Alexandria
- 21 Traveling Alone
- 22 Getty center and Getty Villa
- 23 Christmas Dinner in NYC?
- 24 Last minute trip to Arizona
- 25 How many days in Grand Teton and Yellowstone?
Philadelphia parking away from downtown plus transportation in?