Looking for some sage advice.
We are passing through Philadelphia this Fall. Yes, I know -- passing through does not do justice to a visit to that great city. But that's all the chance we have.
We are towing a camping trailer, a pop-up. We would not want to try to tow in and park the whole rig downtown. So we are looking for an easier and relatively safer option, perhaps a rail station that is on the perimeter of the city and we would ride in to see Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and all. Or maybe there are options we are unaware of.
Though our mid-day visit is too brief, we'd benefit from some kind counsel from folks who are in the know. If you were being careful for your vehicles and your trailer and wanted to park and ride in to see Philadelphia's historic center, how would you do it?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Road trip advice needed please
- 2 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 3 florida gulf coast
- 4 1 week NE Fall trip (ME, VT, NY..)
- 5 Nevada and California: Vegas/SF/Monterey
- 6 San Francisco, Yosemite, Carmel
- 7 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 8 Smoky Mountains -Cades Cove saw wolf.
- 9 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 10 Fort Lauderdale to New York
- 11 Dining & Things to Do - North Bennington
- 12 Big Island and Kauai questions
- 13 Where can I get the best glaciers experience?
- 14 Family Trip advice please?!
- 15 New Jersey Shore - Neptune
- 16 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 17 Maine Lobster Rolls
- 18 Grand Teton and Yellowstone June 2010 - Chilly and Gorgeous!
- 19 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 20 Montana from Salt Lake City: Help!
- 21 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 22 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 23 Tubing Rainbow River Dunnellon, Florida
- 24 Day hikes in Yosemite for family of 4 (2 teens)
- 25 Los Angeles Area Restaurants - 2017 Edition
Philadelphia parking away from downtown plus transportation in?