Looking for some sage advice.
We are passing through Philadelphia this Fall. Yes, I know -- passing through does not do justice to a visit to that great city. But that's all the chance we have.
We are towing a camping trailer, a pop-up. We would not want to try to tow in and park the whole rig downtown. So we are looking for an easier and relatively safer option, perhaps a rail station that is on the perimeter of the city and we would ride in to see Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and all. Or maybe there are options we are unaware of.
Though our mid-day visit is too brief, we'd benefit from some kind counsel from folks who are in the know. If you were being careful for your vehicles and your trailer and wanted to park and ride in to see Philadelphia's historic center, how would you do it?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Quick Trip to D.C. In April
- 2 Where to watch Oscars in Palm Springs
- 3 Arches Devils Garden
- 4 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton - Car Rental?
- 5 Folly, Surfside, Carolina or Wrightsville Beach?
- 6 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 7 RV camping near Yosemite NP
- 8 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 9 Santa Fe Itineray
- 10 Big Sure in June
- 11 Road trip to NP: from Denver to San Francisco or the other way around?
- 12 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 13 best health clubs with lap pools
- 14 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 15 Retiring to Tucson
- 16 universal studios and disney
- 17 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 18 Spring Break @ Big Bend
- 19 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 20 Steelhead fishing in Kenai Alaska
- 21 Travel options between Las Vegas and Grand Canyon South Rim
- 22 Savannah hotel
- 23 Utah National Parks visit
- 24 marriot cypress harbour
- 25 Hotel in Reno
Philadelphia parking away from downtown plus transportation in?