Looking for some sage advice.
We are passing through Philadelphia this Fall. Yes, I know -- passing through does not do justice to a visit to that great city. But that's all the chance we have.
We are towing a camping trailer, a pop-up. We would not want to try to tow in and park the whole rig downtown. So we are looking for an easier and relatively safer option, perhaps a rail station that is on the perimeter of the city and we would ride in to see Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and all. Or maybe there are options we are unaware of.
Though our mid-day visit is too brief, we'd benefit from some kind counsel from folks who are in the know. If you were being careful for your vehicles and your trailer and wanted to park and ride in to see Philadelphia's historic center, how would you do it?
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for advice on my hitchhike trip plan
- 2 Boston Restaurant suggestion
- 3 I want the ultimate cabin away
- 4 Kathie & Cheryl's notes from Kauai 2017
- 5 Pacific Grove for 5 or 6 nights
- 6 Mesa Verde National Park Colorado
- 7 Small beach town like Seaside, FL?
- 8 flagstaff
- 9 San Fransisco to Seattle Drive
- 10 US Trip
- 11 San Francisco, Portland, & Seattle Honeymoon
- 12 Holmes Beach, Anna Maria Island, Florida
- 13 UC Santa Barbara hotels
- 14 DC GTG Dinner at Carmine's, April 29
- 15 DCArea GTG April 2017
- 16 Feinsteins 54 Below
- 17 Rocky Mountain road trip
- 18 Boston hotel in May - Suburb and using the T-line
- 19 Dinner with two 12 year old boys
- 20 Miami Beach and Baseball Trip - Hampton Inn or Sheraton Four Points
- 21 NEW ORLEANS AND CAJUN COUNTRY...A WEEK-LONG FOOD QUEST
- 22 Carrizo Plain National Monument Wildflower "Superbloom"
- 23 Austin, Hotel
- 24 The Big Island - Best Way to See the Volcano
- 25 Bryce and Zion planning
Philadelphia parking away from downtown plus transportation in?