Looking for some sage advice.
We are passing through Philadelphia this Fall. Yes, I know -- passing through does not do justice to a visit to that great city. But that's all the chance we have.
We are towing a camping trailer, a pop-up. We would not want to try to tow in and park the whole rig downtown. So we are looking for an easier and relatively safer option, perhaps a rail station that is on the perimeter of the city and we would ride in to see Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and all. Or maybe there are options we are unaware of.
Though our mid-day visit is too brief, we'd benefit from some kind counsel from folks who are in the know. If you were being careful for your vehicles and your trailer and wanted to park and ride in to see Philadelphia's historic center, how would you do it?
Thanks for your help!
Philadelphia parking away from downtown plus transportation in?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 2 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 3 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 4 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 5 California road trip
- 6 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 7 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 ONP help
- 10 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 11 Savanah Sojourn
- 12 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 13 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 14 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 15 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 16 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 17 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 18 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison
- 19 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 20 Providence,RI - restaurant and Waterfire advice
- 21 Seattle Hyatts
- 22 Seattle: Something Different?
- 23 Texas and Deep South Road Trip - with Limited Time!
- 24 Camping in the Adirondacks
- 25 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa