We take each of our grandchildren on a short trip when they are teens---usually to a place that has some historical significance as well as some fun things to do. Spring 2014 we are taking our 14 year old granddaughter. We are considering Chicago or Philadelphia....will be there for 3-4 days. Which would you recommend and why---also what to see and do in each place.
Philadelphia or Chicago
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Help w road trip from Huntington Beach to SF, skipping LA area
- 2 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 3 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 4 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 5 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 6 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 7 relocating travel
- 8 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 9 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 10 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 11 Hearst Castle - Is the Grand Rooms tour really the best for first timers?
- 12 Mesa Verde
- 13 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 14 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 15 Seattle Hyatts
- 16 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 17 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 18 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 19 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 20 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 21 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 22 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 23 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 24 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 25 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel