We will be driving from Bowie, MD to NYC with our grandchildren ages 6 and 8 in mid June and thought a stop in Philadelphia would be fun, educational and a good way to breakup the drive and stretch our legs. We plan to see the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and the Betsy Ross House. Any suggestions for other attractions in that area will be appreciated. Also we want to have lunch in Philadelphia - any suggestions--within walking distance of the historic area or anywhere else in the city that is particularly nice or different. Please no chain restaurants. Thanks for your help.
Philadelphia for the Grandchildren
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seattle TrainingTrip March 17, q's
- 2 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 3 Alternatives to Disney in Florida
- 4 Commute from Kailua Kona to Hilo - doable?
- 5 First family ski trip
- 6 Safe Way of renting property in Orlando
- 7 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 8 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 9 Return to Utah - New Sites
- 10 Oahu ideas
- 11 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 12 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 13 Best places to move to Florida?
- 14 West Coast Bound End of March
- 15 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 16 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 17 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 18 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 19 Key Largo, FL
- 20 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 21 Death Valley in June
- 22 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 23 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 24 San Diego grocery stores
- 25 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions