We will be driving from Bowie, MD to NYC with our grandchildren ages 6 and 8 in mid June and thought a stop in Philadelphia would be fun, educational and a good way to breakup the drive and stretch our legs. We plan to see the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and the Betsy Ross House. Any suggestions for other attractions in that area will be appreciated. Also we want to have lunch in Philadelphia - any suggestions--within walking distance of the historic area or anywhere else in the city that is particularly nice or different. Please no chain restaurants. Thanks for your help.
Philadelphia for the Grandchildren
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LEGAL PROCEDURE
- 2 NYC Neighbourhoods
- 3 Temecula< CA
- 4 San Diego beaches using public transportation
- 5 Car needed in New Orleans?
- 6 Road Trip from San Francisco - Hwy 1 to Carmel area or Yosemite??
- 7 Vegas hotels for families
- 8 Atlanta to Denver Straight through
- 9 Lunch at the Lakeside (Boathouse) restaurant in Central Park
- 10 Route from Port Angeles to Seattle.
- 11 Mt Rainier rainy/cloudy day activities
- 12 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 13 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 14 East Coast trip in 11 full days.
- 15 Where to stay for Acadia National Park
- 16 New York - October with 7 yr old
- 17 Hotel Recommendations in downtown Austin
- 18 Transportation help in Philly
- 19 Netrate Concepts-Hotel Pricing?
- 20 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 21 JoeTro's San Antonio trip report
- 22 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 23 Honeymoon roadtrip SF-Seattle
- 24 Hilton Midtown New York
- 25 Bob Denver... Where are you?