My husband and I are planning on a May 2013 trip to the Grand Canyon and hope to get Phantom Ranch reservations and I have been reading everything online I can find about tips on getting a reservation. Any new suggestions or tips available? I know to start calling on May 1, 2012 at 7:00 am Denver time and probably pray a lot besides! We have talked a little about camping if we can't get reservations but I'm nervous about that. We have not done any hiking, are both 54 but are in good physical shape (I workout 4-5 days a week, 1-2 hrs. a day). Should I be concerned about being able to make this trip? We would definitely train ahead of time if we get the reservations and we plan on staying a couple of nights on the canyon floor before heading back up. We just returned from a trip to the south rim and LOVED every bit of it and got the bug to hike down in the canyon. Thanks for any tips, tricks, suggestions, prayers, etc.
Phantom Ranch reservations tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vegas hotels for families
- 2 best area to stay in san diego
- 3 3 star hotels in manhattan
- 4 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 5 San Francisco - mid October
- 6 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 7 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 8 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 9 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 10 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 11 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 12 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 13 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 14 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 15 Denver 1 day in denver
- 16 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 17 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 18 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 19 Burlington VT day trip
- 20 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 21 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 22 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 23 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 24 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 25 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South