My husband and I are planning on a May 2013 trip to the Grand Canyon and hope to get Phantom Ranch reservations and I have been reading everything online I can find about tips on getting a reservation. Any new suggestions or tips available? I know to start calling on May 1, 2012 at 7:00 am Denver time and probably pray a lot besides! We have talked a little about camping if we can't get reservations but I'm nervous about that. We have not done any hiking, are both 54 but are in good physical shape (I workout 4-5 days a week, 1-2 hrs. a day). Should I be concerned about being able to make this trip? We would definitely train ahead of time if we get the reservations and we plan on staying a couple of nights on the canyon floor before heading back up. We just returned from a trip to the south rim and LOVED every bit of it and got the bug to hike down in the canyon. Thanks for any tips, tricks, suggestions, prayers, etc.
Phantom Ranch reservations tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel near Miami airport
- 2 NYC IN AUGUST
- 3 Road Trip SW
- 4 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 5 Will have five days in Savannah
- 6 Zion Narrows - Relatively Easy / Suitable for Older Folks?
- 7 Driving the BRP.....Virginia or North Carolina?
- 8 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 9 Day Cruise from Whittier or Steward?
- 10 Itinerary opinions
- 11 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 12 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 13 I want to visit the india particular north east india ?
- 14 Chicago trip
- 15 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 16 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 17 Fancy dining
- 18 Fall vacation in Colorado
- 19 culpepper
- 20 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 21 Santa Barbara, California
- 22 moving to florida
- 23 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 24 San Fran to Las Vegas drive
- 25 Road trip Houston to DC- where should we stop?