My husband and I are planning on a May 2013 trip to the Grand Canyon and hope to get Phantom Ranch reservations and I have been reading everything online I can find about tips on getting a reservation. Any new suggestions or tips available? I know to start calling on May 1, 2012 at 7:00 am Denver time and probably pray a lot besides! We have talked a little about camping if we can't get reservations but I'm nervous about that. We have not done any hiking, are both 54 but are in good physical shape (I workout 4-5 days a week, 1-2 hrs. a day). Should I be concerned about being able to make this trip? We would definitely train ahead of time if we get the reservations and we plan on staying a couple of nights on the canyon floor before heading back up. We just returned from a trip to the south rim and LOVED every bit of it and got the bug to hike down in the canyon. Thanks for any tips, tricks, suggestions, prayers, etc.
Phantom Ranch reservations tips?
- 1 Best places to stop New Orleans to Los Angeles
- 2 Using public transit in San Diego
- 3 Can Foodies Overcome the Flu in Honolulu? A March 2013 Oahu TR...
- 4 10 days after cruise - Fort Lauderdale Fly out from LA?????
- 5 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 6 1st time in Boston --need advice
- 7 Help finalizing August itinerary for Utah NPs (with a child)
- 8 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 9 Seattle restaurants in Queen Anne neighborhood?
- 10 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 11 Seattle Hotel Choice and Other Questions
- 12 First-time to NYC Trip Report as promised!
- 13 D.C. in a day
- 14 New Orleans trip (plus road trip) Help Pls!
- 15 Luggage stolen from locked rental car in Orlando
- 16 Yellowstone Snow Melt, Roads and Trails - Timing
- 17 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 18 Need help with itinerary to Seattle, Oregon, California
- 19 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 20 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 21 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 22 Stay between San Francisco and Redwoods?
- 23 Memphis Tours
- 24 Ideas for Northern California trip?
- 25 A Visit to Charleston