My husband and I are planning on a May 2013 trip to the Grand Canyon and hope to get Phantom Ranch reservations and I have been reading everything online I can find about tips on getting a reservation. Any new suggestions or tips available? I know to start calling on May 1, 2012 at 7:00 am Denver time and probably pray a lot besides! We have talked a little about camping if we can't get reservations but I'm nervous about that. We have not done any hiking, are both 54 but are in good physical shape (I workout 4-5 days a week, 1-2 hrs. a day). Should I be concerned about being able to make this trip? We would definitely train ahead of time if we get the reservations and we plan on staying a couple of nights on the canyon floor before heading back up. We just returned from a trip to the south rim and LOVED every bit of it and got the bug to hike down in the canyon. Thanks for any tips, tricks, suggestions, prayers, etc.
Phantom Ranch reservations tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Road trips - CHI-ATL and MEM-NOLA - April/May 2014
- 3 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 4 Wilderness Lodge at Disney World questions
- 5 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 6 "HUMORLESS" response to Kauai comment silliness
- 7 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 8 How to dress in Vegas
- 9 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 10 Packer game hotel on the bus line.
- 11 bus tour for Grand canyon(South Rim), Horse shoe in 1-day?
- 12 Drinking a beer in all 50 states for cancer reseach. Need bar suggestions!
- 13 Trip Report to Pacific Northwest: August 2014
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 USA trip
- 16 Things to do in and around Westbrook, CT in November 2014
- 17 Chicago Questions
- 18 Air Connections on Maui
- 19 camaro hire in waikiki
- 20 Pet Friendly places in Myrtle Beach
- 21 Timeshare Nightmares
- 22 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 New Orleans in November - too cool?
- 25 Orlando for Work