My husband and I are planning on a May 2013 trip to the Grand Canyon and hope to get Phantom Ranch reservations and I have been reading everything online I can find about tips on getting a reservation. Any new suggestions or tips available? I know to start calling on May 1, 2012 at 7:00 am Denver time and probably pray a lot besides! We have talked a little about camping if we can't get reservations but I'm nervous about that. We have not done any hiking, are both 54 but are in good physical shape (I workout 4-5 days a week, 1-2 hrs. a day). Should I be concerned about being able to make this trip? We would definitely train ahead of time if we get the reservations and we plan on staying a couple of nights on the canyon floor before heading back up. We just returned from a trip to the south rim and LOVED every bit of it and got the bug to hike down in the canyon. Thanks for any tips, tricks, suggestions, prayers, etc.
Phantom Ranch reservations tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Which neighborhood to stay in that's convenient to Broadway shows?
- 2 Camping Generator!?
- 3 Kauai our way! A Feb 2015 Trip Report
- 4 Best restaurants in Seattle
- 5 Need recommendations for a restaurant in Rochester, NY!
- 6 Washington Monument Reservtions and timing ~ plus Paddleboats
- 7 Best place to stay for Canyon de Chelly
- 8 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 9 Feedback needed for our book club trip to New England
- 10 New York City-New Things?
- 11 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 12 Alaska Trip Planning
- 13 Northern California for 7 days in May
- 14 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 15 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 16 Does the Warner Brothers Tour (Burbank) actually sell out?
- 17 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 18 Finger Lakes itineray suggestions?
- 19 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 20 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 21 DC - WW2 flyover
- 22 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 23 3 Days in Northern California w Car- Itinerary Recommendations?
- 24 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 25 New York in May - Dinner at Bouley,