I got a parking ticket last week when we were in Washington D.C. on a family vacation. I had parked right behind another vehicle and what I thought was right next to the parking meter and also paid (using ParkMobile mobile app) for 2 hours. Just about with 15 minutes remaining I got back to the car to see a parking ticket stuck to the windshield. Two things: one I felt I was parked properly but i could be wrong. I was in a hurry to get to the airport so I just grabbed the ticket and drove off. Secondly I just noticed that although the make and model of the car is printed correctly, the plate number is entered incorrectly. Do they take pictures of the plate when they write up these tickets? Do I have any recourse to fight this? I live in Florida. Thanks.
Parking ticket Washington D.C. when driving a rental car
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Detroit, MI to Portland or bust.
- 2 Toronto to Coastal Maine 1 Week Road Trip
- 3 NYC
- 4 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 5 Safari Desert Boots by Bata
- 6 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 7 Las Vegas - what to do solo
- 8 Best accomodation in LA on a budget
- 9 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around
- 10 Montreal - 3 Day Trip
- 11 Seattle: Something Different?
- 12 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 13 Back from Miami Beach
- 14 Finger Lakes Itinerary Help
- 15 Blue Ridge Parkway Help!
- 16 Staying in Hollywood or Santa Monica area?
- 17 Boston GTG? 7/17/14
- 18 Which National Park/s with 7-year-old & possibly grandparents
- 19 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 20 Exciting new play opening at DR 2 Theatre, New York City, on July 24 2014
- 21 Can Anyone Suggest Me Tourism Evolution Services ?
- 22 Grand Canyon helicopter tour from Las Vegas
- 23 looking for suggestions for quiet florida beach front panhandle stay
- 24 San Fran to Crater Lake? round trip one week
- 25 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest