I got a parking ticket last week when we were in Washington D.C. on a family vacation. I had parked right behind another vehicle and what I thought was right next to the parking meter and also paid (using ParkMobile mobile app) for 2 hours. Just about with 15 minutes remaining I got back to the car to see a parking ticket stuck to the windshield. Two things: one I felt I was parked properly but i could be wrong. I was in a hurry to get to the airport so I just grabbed the ticket and drove off. Secondly I just noticed that although the make and model of the car is printed correctly, the plate number is entered incorrectly. Do they take pictures of the plate when they write up these tickets? Do I have any recourse to fight this? I live in Florida. Thanks.
Parking ticket Washington D.C. when driving a rental car
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 2 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 3 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 4 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 5 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 6 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 7 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 8 Travel West Coast
- 9 Place for a drink where kids are allowed? An NYC question.
- 10 Hotels in LA ... I know...how long is a piece of string type question...
- 11 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 12 Wine Country Picnic
- 13 Washington DC Metro
- 14 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 15 Road trip through the south
- 16 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 17 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 18 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 19 Myrtle Beach
- 20 Colorado in the summer!
- 21 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 22 Getting around Las Vegas
- 23 Rafting near Denali
- 24 Where to go in Maine?
- 25 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast