I got a parking ticket last week when we were in Washington D.C. on a family vacation. I had parked right behind another vehicle and what I thought was right next to the parking meter and also paid (using ParkMobile mobile app) for 2 hours. Just about with 15 minutes remaining I got back to the car to see a parking ticket stuck to the windshield. Two things: one I felt I was parked properly but i could be wrong. I was in a hurry to get to the airport so I just grabbed the ticket and drove off. Secondly I just noticed that although the make and model of the car is printed correctly, the plate number is entered incorrectly. Do they take pictures of the plate when they write up these tickets? Do I have any recourse to fight this? I live in Florida. Thanks.
Parking ticket Washington D.C. when driving a rental car
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 2 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 3 Universal studios/Orlando
- 4 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 5 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 6 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 7 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 8 USA with a 3 year old
- 9 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 10 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 A dreamy week on Kauai with three generations
- 13 First family ski trip
- 14 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 15 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 16 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 17 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 18 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 19 Looking for Hotel Alternatives on Coast to Coast Trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 22 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 23 Wedding venue in NH
- 24 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 25 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle