I got a parking ticket last week when we were in Washington D.C. on a family vacation. I had parked right behind another vehicle and what I thought was right next to the parking meter and also paid (using ParkMobile mobile app) for 2 hours. Just about with 15 minutes remaining I got back to the car to see a parking ticket stuck to the windshield. Two things: one I felt I was parked properly but i could be wrong. I was in a hurry to get to the airport so I just grabbed the ticket and drove off. Secondly I just noticed that although the make and model of the car is printed correctly, the plate number is entered incorrectly. Do they take pictures of the plate when they write up these tickets? Do I have any recourse to fight this? I live in Florida. Thanks.
Parking ticket Washington D.C. when driving a rental car
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 One Night at Logan Airport
- 2 Driving from NYC to South Florida
- 3 Napa/Sonoma - Has anyone stayed at this House Rental in Glen Ellen?
- 4 Circle Oahu / luau
- 5 Oceanfront condo rentals in Maui?
- 6 NYC theatre broadway
- 7 Between Clearwater and Anna Maria island
- 8 Backpacking in April
- 9 Nice town to sleep/dine in near I-95 between Baltimore and DC
- 10 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 11 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 12 University of Texas Austin College Trip
- 13 Four days in DC
- 14 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 15 Just to clarify, Lodging in Yellowstone
- 16 Itinerary for : Vegas - Zion - Bryce - Antelope - Grand Canyon
- 17 3 nights in Nashville
- 18 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 19 Please help with itinerary
- 20 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 21 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 22 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 23 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 24 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 25 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?