I got a parking ticket last week when we were in Washington D.C. on a family vacation. I had parked right behind another vehicle and what I thought was right next to the parking meter and also paid (using ParkMobile mobile app) for 2 hours. Just about with 15 minutes remaining I got back to the car to see a parking ticket stuck to the windshield. Two things: one I felt I was parked properly but i could be wrong. I was in a hurry to get to the airport so I just grabbed the ticket and drove off. Secondly I just noticed that although the make and model of the car is printed correctly, the plate number is entered incorrectly. Do they take pictures of the plate when they write up these tickets? Do I have any recourse to fight this? I live in Florida. Thanks.
Parking ticket Washington D.C. when driving a rental car
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 After Chigago ? side trips- suggestions
- 2 Rules of the Sidewalk
- 3 Restaurant in NYC advice
- 4 USA New York City: First-time Visitors
- 5 Transportation from Newark airport to Secaucus
- 6 5 Days in San Antonio and Austin Texas
- 7 Solo Female Traveller to New Orleans
- 8 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 9 Avis Car rental Loss Damage Waiver LDW Fraud
- 10 Dad and daughter trip to Santa Fe
- 11 Tipping advice
- 12 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary
- 13 Wilmington, NC to Raleigh - Anything interesting to see in between?
- 14 charleston during Christmas Week
- 15 Fort Myers Beach vs Naples Beach
- 16 Advanced Reservations for USS Arizona Memorial Available Again
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 Queens, NY - Do not go
- 19 Tuscon to Las Vegas Drive in December
- 20 Hawaii Rental Cars - Book early
- 21 Boston, NYC or Chicago for 3rd weekend in March?
- 22 Maui - Need a Vegan-Friendly Restaurant Recommendation
- 23 Denver Airport to Downtown Sheraton--Transportation Options?
- 24 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 25 Charleston/Savannah/Asheville, 6 days enough?