I got a parking ticket last week when we were in Washington D.C. on a family vacation. I had parked right behind another vehicle and what I thought was right next to the parking meter and also paid (using ParkMobile mobile app) for 2 hours. Just about with 15 minutes remaining I got back to the car to see a parking ticket stuck to the windshield. Two things: one I felt I was parked properly but i could be wrong. I was in a hurry to get to the airport so I just grabbed the ticket and drove off. Secondly I just noticed that although the make and model of the car is printed correctly, the plate number is entered incorrectly. Do they take pictures of the plate when they write up these tickets? Do I have any recourse to fight this? I live in Florida. Thanks.
Parking ticket Washington D.C. when driving a rental car
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 2 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 3 Part Four of an 18 Day RV trip - Homer
- 4 Kayaking in Kauai
- 5 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 6 Lake Huron Circle Tour
- 7 San Francisco - mid October
- 8 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 9 Burlington VT day trip
- 10 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 11 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 12 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 13 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 14 Mequite NV, Where to Stay for One Night?
- 15 Road trip itinerary
- 16 XMAS STORES IN CENTRAL FL??
- 17 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 18 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip Where to EAT
- 19 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 20 Visiting Hemingway Country, Petoskey Area
- 21 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 22 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 23 Apartment Rentals DC
- 24 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 25 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions