Just returned from a quick trip to Park City. The post holiday time period was ideal (no waiting, no crowds, no problems with reservations). We stayed at the recently opened Montage in Deer Valley (approximately 45 minutes from Salt Lake City airport). My husband enjoyed the slopes of Deer Valley and I explored the hotel's spa & fitness center and did a little shopping in town. The hotel is situated mid-mountain and the rates were good (for ski season) and we booked a package that included a $50 credit for breakfast (which was good because we easily spent that much each morning). The Montage was gorgeous, the rooms are big and well appointed and the service was excellent. We had a couple of problems but nothing that marred the overall experience. The Montage had all that you would expect of a high-end hotel (amazing but pricey spa services, full service salon, indoor and outdoor pools and hot-tubs in gorgeous settings - but the indoor lap pool did not have wall markings which made flip-turns hard, and a big fitness center with classes). Side-note: Amanda in the salon was terrific. The hotel has several on-site restaurants - we especially enjoyed the potpie in Daly's and playing pool (they also have an arcade, wii, darts and a bowling alley). My husband loved having a ski concierge to help with boots, manage equipment and offer hot chocolate. I spent an afternoon exploring Park City. I did a little damage at Overland and loved the Fatali art gallery (natural light photography). I realized too late that the Kimball Art Center was featuring an Ansel Adams exhibit (be sure to check their offerings before heading into town). My husband met me at High West Distillery for a whiskey tasting (the Rendezvous Rye is recommended, but I thought the pub pretzel was overly charred). We enjoyed two wonderful meals in town - Chimayo (southwest fare, great ambience, maybe the best goat cheese/beet salad I've ever had and we highly recommend the spice cake) and Chez Betty (fine dining in a cozy setting, chef Jerry Garcia has been there for 20 some years and really knows his stuff). I highly recommend both restaurants. All in all a terrific getaway.
Park City - quick ski trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 2 Shuttle Recommendations - Penn Station to JFK
- 3 Suggestions for road trip with children from Birmingham, AL to Grand Canyon
- 4 Las Vegas to Los Angeles via Death Valley
- 5 Hotel in Santa Barbara
- 6 Cabins less than one hour Rabun County Georgia in NC
- 7 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 8 Yellowstone and Grand Tetons Sept - Itinerary/Lodging Decisions
- 9 San Fransisco to LA
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Where to go in Maine?
- 12 Camping Summer of 2015 Yellowstone? Yosemite? GT?
- 13 rain in Kauai
- 14 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 15 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 16 WISCONSIN
- 17 Travel options from Washington DC to Williamsburg, Virginia
- 18 MACINAC ISLAND, MICHIGAN
- 19 Dining in D.C.
- 20 Jersey City Parking
- 21 Antelope Canyon. Tour form Page or just show up there and pick a guide ?
- 22 Favorite Flightseeing from Anchorage in June?
- 23 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 24 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 25 Grand Circle Itinerary Utah