Just returned from a quick trip to Park City. The post holiday time period was ideal (no waiting, no crowds, no problems with reservations). We stayed at the recently opened Montage in Deer Valley (approximately 45 minutes from Salt Lake City airport). My husband enjoyed the slopes of Deer Valley and I explored the hotel's spa & fitness center and did a little shopping in town. The hotel is situated mid-mountain and the rates were good (for ski season) and we booked a package that included a $50 credit for breakfast (which was good because we easily spent that much each morning). The Montage was gorgeous, the rooms are big and well appointed and the service was excellent. We had a couple of problems but nothing that marred the overall experience. The Montage had all that you would expect of a high-end hotel (amazing but pricey spa services, full service salon, indoor and outdoor pools and hot-tubs in gorgeous settings - but the indoor lap pool did not have wall markings which made flip-turns hard, and a big fitness center with classes). Side-note: Amanda in the salon was terrific. The hotel has several on-site restaurants - we especially enjoyed the potpie in Daly's and playing pool (they also have an arcade, wii, darts and a bowling alley). My husband loved having a ski concierge to help with boots, manage equipment and offer hot chocolate. I spent an afternoon exploring Park City. I did a little damage at Overland and loved the Fatali art gallery (natural light photography). I realized too late that the Kimball Art Center was featuring an Ansel Adams exhibit (be sure to check their offerings before heading into town). My husband met me at High West Distillery for a whiskey tasting (the Rendezvous Rye is recommended, but I thought the pub pretzel was overly charred). We enjoyed two wonderful meals in town - Chimayo (southwest fare, great ambience, maybe the best goat cheese/beet salad I've ever had and we highly recommend the spice cake) and Chez Betty (fine dining in a cozy setting, chef Jerry Garcia has been there for 20 some years and really knows his stuff). I highly recommend both restaurants. All in all a terrific getaway.
Park City - quick ski trip
View all United States activity »
- 1 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 2 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 3 Fripp island
- 4 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 5 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 6 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 7 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 8 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 9 Where should I move to?
- 10 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 11 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 12 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 13 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 14 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013