Just returned from a quick trip to Park City. The post holiday time period was ideal (no waiting, no crowds, no problems with reservations). We stayed at the recently opened Montage in Deer Valley (approximately 45 minutes from Salt Lake City airport). My husband enjoyed the slopes of Deer Valley and I explored the hotel's spa & fitness center and did a little shopping in town. The hotel is situated mid-mountain and the rates were good (for ski season) and we booked a package that included a $50 credit for breakfast (which was good because we easily spent that much each morning). The Montage was gorgeous, the rooms are big and well appointed and the service was excellent. We had a couple of problems but nothing that marred the overall experience. The Montage had all that you would expect of a high-end hotel (amazing but pricey spa services, full service salon, indoor and outdoor pools and hot-tubs in gorgeous settings - but the indoor lap pool did not have wall markings which made flip-turns hard, and a big fitness center with classes). Side-note: Amanda in the salon was terrific. The hotel has several on-site restaurants - we especially enjoyed the potpie in Daly's and playing pool (they also have an arcade, wii, darts and a bowling alley). My husband loved having a ski concierge to help with boots, manage equipment and offer hot chocolate. I spent an afternoon exploring Park City. I did a little damage at Overland and loved the Fatali art gallery (natural light photography). I realized too late that the Kimball Art Center was featuring an Ansel Adams exhibit (be sure to check their offerings before heading into town). My husband met me at High West Distillery for a whiskey tasting (the Rendezvous Rye is recommended, but I thought the pub pretzel was overly charred). We enjoyed two wonderful meals in town - Chimayo (southwest fare, great ambience, maybe the best goat cheese/beet salad I've ever had and we highly recommend the spice cake) and Chez Betty (fine dining in a cozy setting, chef Jerry Garcia has been there for 20 some years and really knows his stuff). I highly recommend both restaurants. All in all a terrific getaway.
Park City - quick ski trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Priceline: bid for walkable to Alamo/Riverwalk in San Antonio. Possible?
- 2 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 3 Great Smoky Mountains: Asheville or Bryson City?
- 4 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 5 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 6 Niagara Falls-- US side or Canada
- 7 Hawaii Trip - Maui, Kauai and Honolulu in 9 days
- 8 Driving from NYC to Montreal - pls recommend a place to eat in upstate NY
- 9 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 10 weather i antelope canyon in December
- 11 San Fran experts: need help with Bay vista points
- 12 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 13 New York Trip
- 14 Balloon fest hotels
- 15 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 16 Houston in September
- 17 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 18 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 19 Stubhub and NFL Tickets
- 20 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 21 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 22 Newport, RI - What's it like?
- 23 San Antonio suggestions anyone?
- 24 Kauai - Napali Coast - Air vs Water
- 25 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!