Just returned from a quick trip to Park City. The post holiday time period was ideal (no waiting, no crowds, no problems with reservations). We stayed at the recently opened Montage in Deer Valley (approximately 45 minutes from Salt Lake City airport). My husband enjoyed the slopes of Deer Valley and I explored the hotel's spa & fitness center and did a little shopping in town. The hotel is situated mid-mountain and the rates were good (for ski season) and we booked a package that included a $50 credit for breakfast (which was good because we easily spent that much each morning). The Montage was gorgeous, the rooms are big and well appointed and the service was excellent. We had a couple of problems but nothing that marred the overall experience. The Montage had all that you would expect of a high-end hotel (amazing but pricey spa services, full service salon, indoor and outdoor pools and hot-tubs in gorgeous settings - but the indoor lap pool did not have wall markings which made flip-turns hard, and a big fitness center with classes). Side-note: Amanda in the salon was terrific. The hotel has several on-site restaurants - we especially enjoyed the potpie in Daly's and playing pool (they also have an arcade, wii, darts and a bowling alley). My husband loved having a ski concierge to help with boots, manage equipment and offer hot chocolate. I spent an afternoon exploring Park City. I did a little damage at Overland and loved the Fatali art gallery (natural light photography). I realized too late that the Kimball Art Center was featuring an Ansel Adams exhibit (be sure to check their offerings before heading into town). My husband met me at High West Distillery for a whiskey tasting (the Rendezvous Rye is recommended, but I thought the pub pretzel was overly charred). We enjoyed two wonderful meals in town - Chimayo (southwest fare, great ambience, maybe the best goat cheese/beet salad I've ever had and we highly recommend the spice cake) and Chez Betty (fine dining in a cozy setting, chef Jerry Garcia has been there for 20 some years and really knows his stuff). I highly recommend both restaurants. All in all a terrific getaway.
Park City - quick ski trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Grand Circle & Wyoming
- 2 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 3 driving from San Francisco to Seattle
- 4 Feedback on Palm Springs with Kids Itinerary
- 5 Best places to move to Florida?
- 6 West Coast Bound End of March
- 7 Your favorite Glacier NP lodging and itinerary help
- 8 Philly sports fans: bar needed...and running route.
- 9 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 10 Oahu ideas
- 11 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 12 Key Largo, FL
- 13 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 14 Death Valley in June
- 15 travel up the coast from San Franciso to Seattle
- 16 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 17 San Diego grocery stores
- 18 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 19 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 20 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 21 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 22 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 23 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 24 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 25 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit