Two adults and one 12 yr old have one late afternoon Saturday to mid day Sunday in Chicago in early August. If we want to do an insta greet tour in Chicago and maybe the architectural boat tour in that space of time, how is Palmer House? That aside, HOW is Palmer House?? I see it isn't too far from the Amtrak station, which might be noisy and some folks on Trip Advisor say slow elevators. I can kill some time waiting for elevators if my Fodorite friends endorse the property. If this hotel has some significant down sides, what do you recommend as favorite alternatives in the $200 to $350 range?
Palmer House - good bet for one night in Chicago?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Hotels in Washington, DC; Alexandria or Arlington with direct metro access?
- 2 Saturday arrival Seattle airport to Lake Crescent
- 3 Is this Los Angeles tour feasible?
- 4 Where to from Tampa?
- 5 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas II
- 6 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 7 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 8 USA and Canada in 2 months
- 9 What do you think about Asian tourist manner?
- 10 Chicago O'Hare to Downtown
- 11 December trip from San Francisco to LA
- 12 Angels Crest and Rim of the World Scenic Drives: Mid-November 2014
- 13 Scenic drive from Charleston SC to Charlotte NC
- 14 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 15 Hotel in Newton outside Boston - need transportation and related advice
- 16 NYC restaurant for Thanksgiving
- 17 I am turning 60 and boy do I need help with my trip!
- 18 Is the New York subway safe?
- 19 Houston Weekend Planning Help Needed, please
- 20 Need ideas - hGirls' trip to Chicago
- 21 Three nights in Chicago -- a report
- 22 Sacramento to State College, PA in late November
- 23 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 24 One less trip on the Bucket List - Visit to New York City
- 25 Skiing New Mexico