Two adults and one 12 yr old have one late afternoon Saturday to mid day Sunday in Chicago in early August. If we want to do an insta greet tour in Chicago and maybe the architectural boat tour in that space of time, how is Palmer House? That aside, HOW is Palmer House?? I see it isn't too far from the Amtrak station, which might be noisy and some folks on Trip Advisor say slow elevators. I can kill some time waiting for elevators if my Fodorite friends endorse the property. If this hotel has some significant down sides, what do you recommend as favorite alternatives in the $200 to $350 range?
Palmer House - good bet for one night in Chicago?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 2 Vegas hotels for families
- 3 Something to do besides drink wine in Sonoma.
- 4 Sonoma: Jack London State Historic Park
- 5 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 6 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 7 100 Reason to Love New Mexico
- 8 Tour companies
- 9 Stay in Santa Fe or Taos, NM
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 12 Zion to Albuquerque
- 13 Best, most beautiful, unmissable sections of highway 1 on the CA coast
- 14 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 15 Quick Trip to NYC
- 16 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 17 San Francisco - mid October
- 18 Need advise : Driving to Sequoia then to Las Vegas
- 19 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 20 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 21 Nashville - Where to stay that's in the middle of it all?
- 22 DC, New York, Maine in 11 days with kids?
- 23 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 24 Kayaking in Acadia in October?
- 25 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??