Palm Desert marks our 25th home exchange, about 2 hours east of our Southern California home, however the change in location is dramatic, from a beach community to a desert resort. We now viewed brown hills dotted with sage brush, relatively little smog, clear warm skies, tall King palms and desert cacti , sand and gravel gardens instead of green lawns. (Though there were still plenty of the latter!) I used to find the desert landscape dull and drab, but no more, it is lovely, especially in midwinter without a hot sun. Especially pretty when the desert is blooming, if you look closely, there are small flowers, more so as the months progress to spring. Our home exchangers had a particularly pretty purple (almost magenta) pear cactus on their front lawn.
Palm Desert Home Exchange - One Week - Jan 2012
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Vacation rentals in Tucson
- 2 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 3 Nude Beaches- Positive or Negative Experience?
- 4 Buy GoPro Hero3
- 5 FLORIDA CONDO--seeking general advice
- 6 Down to three New York City hotels for December visit
- 7 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 8 Gatlinburg Tennessee Itinerary suggestions
- 9 Roadtrip Across the Country
- 10 Best places to move to Florida?
- 11 Need an interesting place for one night near Memphis
- 12 Juneau May 8th
- 13 Memphis or Chattanooga for family
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Southern California Dining Guide - 2014/2015
- 16 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 17 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 18 Honeymoon - Maui and Oahu for first timers Oct 2014
- 19 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 20 Rental car drop before entering NYC
- 21 West Coast Bound End of March
- 22 Help with Northeast vacation strategy
- 23 Rodeo Near Tulsa or Woodward?
- 24 Your Help with Must Sees in Southern Arizona
- 25 Salt Lake City, Utah