Palm Desert marks our 25th home exchange, about 2 hours east of our Southern California home, however the change in location is dramatic, from a beach community to a desert resort. We now viewed brown hills dotted with sage brush, relatively little smog, clear warm skies, tall King palms and desert cacti , sand and gravel gardens instead of green lawns. (Though there were still plenty of the latter!) I used to find the desert landscape dull and drab, but no more, it is lovely, especially in midwinter without a hot sun. Especially pretty when the desert is blooming, if you look closely, there are small flowers, more so as the months progress to spring. Our home exchangers had a particularly pretty purple (almost magenta) pear cactus on their front lawn.
Palm Desert Home Exchange - One Week - Jan 2012
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 2 4 week family trip ideas
- 3 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 4 Pirateland SC
- 5 4 day trip from Denver this fall - First time in the Rockies - Where to go?
- 6 San Diego with Kids
- 7 Metro Card Options
- 8 Maui itinerary
- 9 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 10 New England Newbie - Help with 13 night itinerary - October
- 11 getting around DC
- 12 California
- 13 Road Trip: Seattle to San Francisco in November
- 14 Travel between Maui and Big Island
- 15 Trip Report - Banff & Jasper August 2014 on the Canadian board - Alberta
- 16 Oregon Wildfire Reports
- 17 Carmel by the sea to Las Vegas by road
- 18 Planning for Fall Foliage in NE, Oct 2015
- 19 Trip Report - Yellowstone & Grand Tetons National Parks - July 18-25, 2014
- 20 Car Rental UK Drivers License
- 21 6 Days in NYC and then to Orlando - Best way to fly?
- 22 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 23 advice for San jose to Napa limo
- 24 Oahu
- 25 Suite hotel in Washington DC: where to stay?