Palm Desert marks our 25th home exchange, about 2 hours east of our Southern California home, however the change in location is dramatic, from a beach community to a desert resort. We now viewed brown hills dotted with sage brush, relatively little smog, clear warm skies, tall King palms and desert cacti , sand and gravel gardens instead of green lawns. (Though there were still plenty of the latter!) I used to find the desert landscape dull and drab, but no more, it is lovely, especially in midwinter without a hot sun. Especially pretty when the desert is blooming, if you look closely, there are small flowers, more so as the months progress to spring. Our home exchangers had a particularly pretty purple (almost magenta) pear cactus on their front lawn.
Palm Desert Home Exchange - One Week - Jan 2012
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?
- 2 Florida--single woman seeks best beaches for swimming and
- 3 Yellowstone Lodging in October
- 4 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 5 NYC over Memorial Day Weekend 2014
- 6 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH
- 7 Where can I best see Orca whales in the wild?
- 8 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 9 Kennedy Space Center
- 10 Alexandria or Georgetown
- 11 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 12 Lunch with little girls UWS?
- 13 Metro from airport to hotel?
- 14 5 week in US/Mexico
- 15 WEst Coast WINTER holiday - 5 weeks driving.
- 16 AK-Glacier Bay, Wrangel Elias, Lake Clark, Matanuska glacier, Valdez?
- 17 John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum
- 18 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 19 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 20 RIP Rizzoli, J&R Music, Pearl Paint
- 21 Book ahead for weekends this spring in Asheville, NC
- 22 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 23 Colorado Trip in Late May 2014
- 24 Albuquerque Recommendations
- 25 San Diego Itinerary-- Suggestions???