Palm Desert marks our 25th home exchange, about 2 hours east of our Southern California home, however the change in location is dramatic, from a beach community to a desert resort. We now viewed brown hills dotted with sage brush, relatively little smog, clear warm skies, tall King palms and desert cacti , sand and gravel gardens instead of green lawns. (Though there were still plenty of the latter!) I used to find the desert landscape dull and drab, but no more, it is lovely, especially in midwinter without a hot sun. Especially pretty when the desert is blooming, if you look closely, there are small flowers, more so as the months progress to spring. Our home exchangers had a particularly pretty purple (almost magenta) pear cactus on their front lawn.
Palm Desert Home Exchange - One Week - Jan 2012
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Tybee Island?... hilton head? help please?
- 2 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 3 Bar Harbor Maine or Mystic Connecticut in August.
- 4 Self guided White House tour
- 5 Atlantic coast and mountain vacation
- 6 Santa Fe Area Hiking Early June - 3 full days.
- 7 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 8 Itinerary for Vegas - Phoenix
- 9 Northwest USA
- 10 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 11 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 12 Central Coast-California
- 13 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 14 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 15 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 16 Moving to CT
- 17 Hotels Philly
- 18 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 19 Ackislander
- 20 What National Parks to visit in Mid-March
- 21 san diego or nearby area
- 22 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 23 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 24 LA for a day and a half
- 25 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!