Sending husband to visit son in Wilke-Barre in 2 weeks. I have him flying into Philadelphia; picking up a car; spending the night at the Fairfield Inn by the airport; then driving up to Wilkes-Barre in NEPA the next day.
After significant research, I need just a little more info from all you Pennsylvania experts!
First, after husband lands and collects his checked luggage, he needs to get to the car rental @ Dollar. Then drive to the hotel. My research of the airport confirms that he will arrive at Terminal 3 and he needs to go to some "zone" after baggage collection. Does he need to take a shuttle to get to the car agency and collect the car? If so, is the shuttle easy to find, like a particular colored bus with car rental name on it?
Second, the PA Turnpike System. I see husband will need to take the 95 to the 76 to 476. It looks like the only toll road in this scenario is the 476. And based on the PA Turnpike website (see below), it seems like he'll have to pay a toll or at least get a ticket at what is referred to as "20 - mid-County" on the 476, and he'll get off at the 105 - Wilkes-Barre exit. So does he take the ticket when he gets onto the turnpike and pay at the end, or does he pay at the beginning and turn in the ticket at the end? Also wanted to confirm that he won't need an EZ-Pass -- that cash still works. Question -- can he use a credit card as well?
My apologies in advance for turning highway numbers into nouns -- being from California, I'm too used to referring to freeways as "THE 405" or "THE 101" to change the way I refer to roads!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4th of July in Chicago
- 2 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 3 Hotel/Itinerary Washington DC, Family of 5
- 4 Yosemite Hike
- 5 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 6 July camping Cayo Costa State Park
- 7 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 8 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 9 Bucket List
- 10 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 11 NYC hotel w/great room view for 30th anniv.
- 12 Colorado Hiking in September
- 13 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 14 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 15 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 16 Your thoughts on Brooklyn Heights
- 17 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 18 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 19 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 20 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 21 Food and drink associated with D.C.?
- 22 48 Hours in NYC
- 23 Travel advice from Cincinnati to West Coast
- 24 Exploring, hiking, camping trip
- 25 The District by Hilton Club
PA Turnpike Northeast Extension & Phil. Airport Car Pick Up