Sending husband to visit son in Wilke-Barre in 2 weeks. I have him flying into Philadelphia; picking up a car; spending the night at the Fairfield Inn by the airport; then driving up to Wilkes-Barre in NEPA the next day.
After significant research, I need just a little more info from all you Pennsylvania experts!
First, after husband lands and collects his checked luggage, he needs to get to the car rental @ Dollar. Then drive to the hotel. My research of the airport confirms that he will arrive at Terminal 3 and he needs to go to some "zone" after baggage collection. Does he need to take a shuttle to get to the car agency and collect the car? If so, is the shuttle easy to find, like a particular colored bus with car rental name on it?
Second, the PA Turnpike System. I see husband will need to take the 95 to the 76 to 476. It looks like the only toll road in this scenario is the 476. And based on the PA Turnpike website (see below), it seems like he'll have to pay a toll or at least get a ticket at what is referred to as "20 - mid-County" on the 476, and he'll get off at the 105 - Wilkes-Barre exit. So does he take the ticket when he gets onto the turnpike and pay at the end, or does he pay at the beginning and turn in the ticket at the end? Also wanted to confirm that he won't need an EZ-Pass -- that cash still works. Question -- can he use a credit card as well?
My apologies in advance for turning highway numbers into nouns -- being from California, I'm too used to referring to freeways as "THE 405" or "THE 101" to change the way I refer to roads!
PA Turnpike Northeast Extension & Phil. Airport Car Pick Up
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Parking/shuttle near Midway
- 2 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 3 Pyrotechnic Send-off
- 4 Did Interstates ruin travel in America?
- 5 Florida St George's Island
- 6 Three or Four Nights in Moab?
- 7 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 8 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 9 Washington DC in Spring?
- 10 I am "The Prince of Tides"
- 11 Kanab and Page with Kids Trip Report
- 12 What do you do when your VRBO rental is a nightmare in Lake Geneva?
- 13 Relocation: Where Do We Fit In
- 14 Quick advice needed for 1st visit to HNL & Kauai
- 15 Weather in Hawaii in January
- 16 NYC becoming a battleground for Air BnB apartment rentals
- 17 Weekend in NYC
- 18 Antelope Canyon, Best Friends, Bryce, Zion trip report
- 19 Looking for good moonstone beach hotels in cambria
- 20 Booking Lodging at the Grand Canyon
- 21 Grand Teton & Yellowstone & ???
- 22 Utah mid Sept Trip Report, Zion, Bryce, Arches- beautiful!
- 23 Breckenridge in October
- 24 East Coast to West Coast travel route
- 25 Family Trip to Moab - Flying into SLC