Sending husband to visit son in Wilke-Barre in 2 weeks. I have him flying into Philadelphia; picking up a car; spending the night at the Fairfield Inn by the airport; then driving up to Wilkes-Barre in NEPA the next day.
After significant research, I need just a little more info from all you Pennsylvania experts!
First, after husband lands and collects his checked luggage, he needs to get to the car rental @ Dollar. Then drive to the hotel. My research of the airport confirms that he will arrive at Terminal 3 and he needs to go to some "zone" after baggage collection. Does he need to take a shuttle to get to the car agency and collect the car? If so, is the shuttle easy to find, like a particular colored bus with car rental name on it?
Second, the PA Turnpike System. I see husband will need to take the 95 to the 76 to 476. It looks like the only toll road in this scenario is the 476. And based on the PA Turnpike website (see below), it seems like he'll have to pay a toll or at least get a ticket at what is referred to as "20 - mid-County" on the 476, and he'll get off at the 105 - Wilkes-Barre exit. So does he take the ticket when he gets onto the turnpike and pay at the end, or does he pay at the beginning and turn in the ticket at the end? Also wanted to confirm that he won't need an EZ-Pass -- that cash still works. Question -- can he use a credit card as well?
My apologies in advance for turning highway numbers into nouns -- being from California, I'm too used to referring to freeways as "THE 405" or "THE 101" to change the way I refer to roads!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NE Itinerary - Thoughts?
- 2 Weather in Chicago
- 3 North Rim, Page, Bryce & Zion Advice
- 4 family with 3 boys needing help for west coast itinerary
- 5 Help me with this
- 6 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 7 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 8 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 9 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 10 SW Colorado-help with details please
- 11 7 days in Maine September 23,2017
- 12 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 13 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 14 6 days to drive from Wisconsin to Florida solo?
- 15 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 16 Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?
- 17 Dining in St. Louis
- 18 AR State Parks
- 19 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 20 NYC For The Day
- 21 Las Vegas to Grand Canyon in August
- 22 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 23 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 24 JFK Terminal 8
- 25 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
PA Turnpike Northeast Extension & Phil. Airport Car Pick Up