Sending husband to visit son in Wilke-Barre in 2 weeks. I have him flying into Philadelphia; picking up a car; spending the night at the Fairfield Inn by the airport; then driving up to Wilkes-Barre in NEPA the next day.
After significant research, I need just a little more info from all you Pennsylvania experts!
First, after husband lands and collects his checked luggage, he needs to get to the car rental @ Dollar. Then drive to the hotel. My research of the airport confirms that he will arrive at Terminal 3 and he needs to go to some "zone" after baggage collection. Does he need to take a shuttle to get to the car agency and collect the car? If so, is the shuttle easy to find, like a particular colored bus with car rental name on it?
Second, the PA Turnpike System. I see husband will need to take the 95 to the 76 to 476. It looks like the only toll road in this scenario is the 476. And based on the PA Turnpike website (see below), it seems like he'll have to pay a toll or at least get a ticket at what is referred to as "20 - mid-County" on the 476, and he'll get off at the 105 - Wilkes-Barre exit. So does he take the ticket when he gets onto the turnpike and pay at the end, or does he pay at the beginning and turn in the ticket at the end? Also wanted to confirm that he won't need an EZ-Pass -- that cash still works. Question -- can he use a credit card as well?
My apologies in advance for turning highway numbers into nouns -- being from California, I'm too used to referring to freeways as "THE 405" or "THE 101" to change the way I refer to roads!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Beaches in Incline Village
- 2 a short trip to san francisco
- 3 LAX Time Between Terminals
- 4 Key West luxury hotels
- 5 USA Trip in 4 Weeks
- 6 Coffee in Boston?
- 7 Change planes in Atlanta
- 8 Orlando Travel Guide – Theme Parks Not Included
- 9 Early 2017 Broadway Banter - "Come From Away"
- 10 Trip to USA in July
- 11 Has anyone rent US travel WiFi before?
- 12 Florida vacation
- 13 Best Place to Stay in South Beach
- 14 Best route to tour most of Michigan-Help!
- 15 sight seeing Las Vegas to Palm Springs to Sante Fe
- 16 LV off strip hotels with shuttles to strip
- 17 Scenic vistas along the road the big island Hawaii
- 18 Where's best place to stay near volcano big island besides volcano house?
- 19 Spring Break National Park Visit
- 20 I95
- 21 Florida keys trip
- 22 Wine Country
- 23 New York City - Wasington February 2017
- 24 South Beach Miami dance clubs for people in their 30s and 40s
- 25 Comment Needed: 22 Days - West Cost (California & LV)
PA Turnpike Northeast Extension & Phil. Airport Car Pick Up