Sending husband to visit son in Wilke-Barre in 2 weeks. I have him flying into Philadelphia; picking up a car; spending the night at the Fairfield Inn by the airport; then driving up to Wilkes-Barre in NEPA the next day.
After significant research, I need just a little more info from all you Pennsylvania experts!
First, after husband lands and collects his checked luggage, he needs to get to the car rental @ Dollar. Then drive to the hotel. My research of the airport confirms that he will arrive at Terminal 3 and he needs to go to some "zone" after baggage collection. Does he need to take a shuttle to get to the car agency and collect the car? If so, is the shuttle easy to find, like a particular colored bus with car rental name on it?
Second, the PA Turnpike System. I see husband will need to take the 95 to the 76 to 476. It looks like the only toll road in this scenario is the 476. And based on the PA Turnpike website (see below), it seems like he'll have to pay a toll or at least get a ticket at what is referred to as "20 - mid-County" on the 476, and he'll get off at the 105 - Wilkes-Barre exit. So does he take the ticket when he gets onto the turnpike and pay at the end, or does he pay at the beginning and turn in the ticket at the end? Also wanted to confirm that he won't need an EZ-Pass -- that cash still works. Question -- can he use a credit card as well?
My apologies in advance for turning highway numbers into nouns -- being from California, I'm too used to referring to freeways as "THE 405" or "THE 101" to change the way I refer to roads!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Los Angeles, California - Hiking
- 2 What's the 14th Street area like?
- 3 Las vegas +21
- 4 Jazz and dinner -- Chicago
- 5 Best Brunswick Stew in Norfolk, Va
- 6 Rules of the Subway
- 7 Western National Parks Road Trip (Revised)
- 8 Thanksgiving Day in NYC
- 9 Santa Cruz and down the coast.
- 10 Your favourite places in New York City
- 11 Sunday gospel mass in Harlem
- 12 Is Coney Island worth a trip if you don't like rides?
- 13 Itinerary Help Bryce and Zion
- 14 60th birthday trip to Vermont, NH, Maine in October
- 15 Grand American Road Trip!
- 16 Orlando - condoleances
- 17 Coco Palms on Kauai
- 18 Portland, Crater Lake and coast to LA
- 19 1st trip to Colorado
- 20 Road trip out west
- 21 How to search for condo rental in Oahu
- 22 The city never sleeps, but we needed to
- 23 Seattle to Gardiner by car.
- 24 Do you have suggestions on my first roadtrip South-West USA?
- 25 The Great Debate, What is Worth Precious Money and Time in NYC
PA Turnpike Northeast Extension & Phil. Airport Car Pick Up