I thought I'd stir the pot and ask about your thoughts on Air Bnb to see if opinions have changed at all. I'm aware that the lines are blurry when it comes to these places operating illegally.. however I've been recommended to give it a go from a few fellow travellers.
I'm coming over from Australia starting in NYC from June 15 - June 22.
There's HEAPS on my list of things to see and do and they're scattered all over Manhattan.
I'm overwhelmed by the places to stay and even the areas.. Where do you recommend?
I love art, photography, food and culture. So at this point i'm leaning towards finding a place to stay in SoHo or Greenwich Village..? Are these places easy enough to get to a subway or walk to places of interest?
Put it this way, any attraction you'd find in Lonely Planet - its probably on my list. If I have enough time, I'd love to check out Brooklyn and its trendiness but i doubt I'll have enough time to really sink my teeth in. I'll just have to visit another day!
I'm probably not going to see a Broadway Show and not overly concerned with shopping.
I'd rather spend an afternoon on the High Line than in Macy's.
Any advice on;
- area to stay in
- how to best get around
- tips on cheapness (eg. Museum free days or combined passes)
- food spots (that dont need a month's in advance booking)
- photography advantage points
- Air bnb or priceline.com
- Not to miss attractions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Week motorcycle ride
- 2 New York with my 16 year old granddaughter
- 3 Embassy Suites HOnolulu
- 4 Hawaii with 2 young teens
- 5 Broadway
- 6 Hawaii Itinerary for Family with Teens
- 7 Kids missing three weeks of school.
- 8 South Point/Ka Lae - Southern Most Point of the USA
- 9 Farmer's market in Lancaster County, PA
- 10 L.A. and Sequoia
- 11 Buying MI lake house- which lake is warmer, medium sized and clear?
- 12 Favorites in North/South Carolina/Georgia? Help please!
- 13 Maine weather and temps
- 14 Not enough time, i guess..
- 15 A great birthday trip to Charleston!
- 16 Moving to New York City, Where can i find a good place?
- 17 San Diego Marriott Coronado Island or Marriott Marquis downtown?
- 18 We want too see Statue of liberty. Flying into EWR and out of Jfk
- 19 Traveling across the US
- 20 Great Smoky Mountains National Park Trip Report
- 21 West Virginia -the 49th state!
- 22 Do you need a car in Siesta Key? 1st timer....
- 23 less than 1.5 hours international connection at DFW too risky?
- 24 Will need to freshen up in Charelston
- 25 San diego 5 nights with kids/disabled father