I thought I'd stir the pot and ask about your thoughts on Air Bnb to see if opinions have changed at all. I'm aware that the lines are blurry when it comes to these places operating illegally.. however I've been recommended to give it a go from a few fellow travellers.
I'm coming over from Australia starting in NYC from June 15 - June 22.
There's HEAPS on my list of things to see and do and they're scattered all over Manhattan.
I'm overwhelmed by the places to stay and even the areas.. Where do you recommend?
I love art, photography, food and culture. So at this point i'm leaning towards finding a place to stay in SoHo or Greenwich Village..? Are these places easy enough to get to a subway or walk to places of interest?
Put it this way, any attraction you'd find in Lonely Planet - its probably on my list. If I have enough time, I'd love to check out Brooklyn and its trendiness but i doubt I'll have enough time to really sink my teeth in. I'll just have to visit another day!
I'm probably not going to see a Broadway Show and not overly concerned with shopping.
I'd rather spend an afternoon on the High Line than in Macy's.
Any advice on;
- area to stay in
- how to best get around
- tips on cheapness (eg. Museum free days or combined passes)
- food spots (that dont need a month's in advance booking)
- photography advantage points
- Air bnb or priceline.com
- Not to miss attractions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://platinumcleanserinfo.com/follinique/
- 2 http://elevategffacts.com/the-break-up-pills/
- 3 "Unique" New York City Experiences-Yours
- 4 Driving from San Francisco to Seattle late december/early january
- 5 San Francisco food suggestions?
- 6 Christmas shopping in Sante Fe
- 7 South Beach, Miami Affordable Hotels
- 8 Hurricane Matthew damage along Florida East Coast?
- 9 Lodging outside of Yellowstone
- 10 Best/Cheapest way to get to Copper Mtn, CO?
- 11 My quickie roadtrip to Philly - art, photos, food, and some good karma.
- 12 Ideas for New York
- 13 Suggestions for a Week in Portland
- 14 Road trip from Madison, WI to Portland, OR in April, 2017
- 15 Help us choose a hotel
- 16 Honeymoon on PCH
- 17 Magic Show
- 18 So if you had one night in SF, where would you eat?
- 19 2 Nights Dealth Valley from L.A.
- 20 Best Kids' Skiing <3 hours from Chicago?
- 21 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 22 Grand Canyon / Bryce / Zion in August with Teens
- 23 Staying outside DC
- 24 Bringing alcohol into the US
- 25 Santa Fe & Taos for Christmas week: feedback on itinerary?