I thought I'd stir the pot and ask about your thoughts on Air Bnb to see if opinions have changed at all. I'm aware that the lines are blurry when it comes to these places operating illegally.. however I've been recommended to give it a go from a few fellow travellers.
I'm coming over from Australia starting in NYC from June 15 - June 22.
There's HEAPS on my list of things to see and do and they're scattered all over Manhattan.
I'm overwhelmed by the places to stay and even the areas.. Where do you recommend?
I love art, photography, food and culture. So at this point i'm leaning towards finding a place to stay in SoHo or Greenwich Village..? Are these places easy enough to get to a subway or walk to places of interest?
Put it this way, any attraction you'd find in Lonely Planet - its probably on my list. If I have enough time, I'd love to check out Brooklyn and its trendiness but i doubt I'll have enough time to really sink my teeth in. I'll just have to visit another day!
I'm probably not going to see a Broadway Show and not overly concerned with shopping.
I'd rather spend an afternoon on the High Line than in Macy's.
Any advice on;
- area to stay in
- how to best get around
- tips on cheapness (eg. Museum free days or combined passes)
- food spots (that dont need a month's in advance booking)
- photography advantage points
- Air bnb or priceline.com
- Not to miss attractions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 4th of July in Chicago
- 2 Yosemite and surrounding for WINTER 2017: DO NEED HELP!
- 3 Hotel/Itinerary Washington DC, Family of 5
- 4 Yosemite Hike
- 5 Any Cheaper way to fly into Jackson Hole?
- 6 July camping Cayo Costa State Park
- 7 Yellowstone/GTNP trip booked! Now need tour advice please.
- 8 Uber Ride from LV to South Rim, Grand Canyon?
- 9 Bucket List
- 10 Late winter road trip Deep South
- 11 NYC hotel w/great room view for 30th anniv.
- 12 Colorado Hiking in September
- 13 DC area hotel for end of June...
- 14 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 15 Thanksgiving Road trip California
- 16 Your thoughts on Brooklyn Heights
- 17 Which area on Maui for hotel?
- 18 You think the Rainbow Room is worth a visit?
- 19 Has anyone been to the Carlysle Lounge lately?
- 20 Looking for fun classy lounge/bar to visit
- 21 Food and drink associated with D.C.?
- 22 48 Hours in NYC
- 23 Travel advice from Cincinnati to West Coast
- 24 Exploring, hiking, camping trip
- 25 The District by Hilton Club