I thought I'd stir the pot and ask about your thoughts on Air Bnb to see if opinions have changed at all. I'm aware that the lines are blurry when it comes to these places operating illegally.. however I've been recommended to give it a go from a few fellow travellers.
I'm coming over from Australia starting in NYC from June 15 - June 22.
There's HEAPS on my list of things to see and do and they're scattered all over Manhattan.
I'm overwhelmed by the places to stay and even the areas.. Where do you recommend?
I love art, photography, food and culture. So at this point i'm leaning towards finding a place to stay in SoHo or Greenwich Village..? Are these places easy enough to get to a subway or walk to places of interest?
Put it this way, any attraction you'd find in Lonely Planet - its probably on my list. If I have enough time, I'd love to check out Brooklyn and its trendiness but i doubt I'll have enough time to really sink my teeth in. I'll just have to visit another day!
I'm probably not going to see a Broadway Show and not overly concerned with shopping.
I'd rather spend an afternoon on the High Line than in Macy's.
Any advice on;
- area to stay in
- how to best get around
- tips on cheapness (eg. Museum free days or combined passes)
- food spots (that dont need a month's in advance booking)
- photography advantage points
- Air bnb or priceline.com
- Not to miss attractions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Roadtrip Around U.S
- 2 Is it Appropriate for Grandmother to Sing to Bar Mitzvah Boy?
- 3 Going to niagara falls but want to go nyc
- 4 T-shirt One Direction for you
- 5 How many days recommended for Williamsburg stay?
- 6 First Time to California
- 7 Paso Robles Wineries/Vineyards
- 8 Vintage Subway Cars in Operation for the 2015 Holiday Season
- 9 Vines in the Auxois Hills Once Again
- 10 How can the weather report be so wrong?
- 11 Road Trip from NJ TO SC
- 12 What should a foreigner know about the US?
- 13 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 14 Suggestions for summer vacation near lake with dog
- 15 Hawaii in August w 6 year old boy
- 16 Driving to Yellowstone,Grand Teton and Glacier from MN
- 17 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 18 Angels Landing
- 19 Grieving Widow wants escape from Christmas
- 20 San Francisco and Napa
- 21 San Diego on New Year's Eve
- 22 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 23 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 24 Southern Utah - Need Hotel Reservations Last Week Of April?
- 25 California RV baby and child seats