I thought I'd stir the pot and ask about your thoughts on Air Bnb to see if opinions have changed at all. I'm aware that the lines are blurry when it comes to these places operating illegally.. however I've been recommended to give it a go from a few fellow travellers.
I'm coming over from Australia starting in NYC from June 15 - June 22.
There's HEAPS on my list of things to see and do and they're scattered all over Manhattan.
I'm overwhelmed by the places to stay and even the areas.. Where do you recommend?
I love art, photography, food and culture. So at this point i'm leaning towards finding a place to stay in SoHo or Greenwich Village..? Are these places easy enough to get to a subway or walk to places of interest?
Put it this way, any attraction you'd find in Lonely Planet - its probably on my list. If I have enough time, I'd love to check out Brooklyn and its trendiness but i doubt I'll have enough time to really sink my teeth in. I'll just have to visit another day!
I'm probably not going to see a Broadway Show and not overly concerned with shopping.
I'd rather spend an afternoon on the High Line than in Macy's.
Any advice on;
- area to stay in
- how to best get around
- tips on cheapness (eg. Museum free days or combined passes)
- food spots (that dont need a month's in advance booking)
- photography advantage points
- Air bnb or priceline.com
- Not to miss attractions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 2 Inn at Cocoa Beach Hotel
- 3 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 4 Alaska independent tour for group
- 5 Hamilton Broadway
- 6 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 7 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 8 Florida Beach Hotel
- 9 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 10 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 11 Washington DC with kids
- 12 My road trip through southern US.
- 13 Late night eating in Kauai
- 14 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 15 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 16 Florida Nature Trip
- 17 help from a true New Yorker.
- 18 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 19 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 20 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 21 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 22 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
- 23 Safety Concerns
- 24 Bronx Help to visit hospital
- 25 Jul, Aug or Sept for California trip, which is preferable and why?