I thought I'd stir the pot and ask about your thoughts on Air Bnb to see if opinions have changed at all. I'm aware that the lines are blurry when it comes to these places operating illegally.. however I've been recommended to give it a go from a few fellow travellers.
I'm coming over from Australia starting in NYC from June 15 - June 22.
There's HEAPS on my list of things to see and do and they're scattered all over Manhattan.
I'm overwhelmed by the places to stay and even the areas.. Where do you recommend?
I love art, photography, food and culture. So at this point i'm leaning towards finding a place to stay in SoHo or Greenwich Village..? Are these places easy enough to get to a subway or walk to places of interest?
Put it this way, any attraction you'd find in Lonely Planet - its probably on my list. If I have enough time, I'd love to check out Brooklyn and its trendiness but i doubt I'll have enough time to really sink my teeth in. I'll just have to visit another day!
I'm probably not going to see a Broadway Show and not overly concerned with shopping.
I'd rather spend an afternoon on the High Line than in Macy's.
Any advice on;
- area to stay in
- how to best get around
- tips on cheapness (eg. Museum free days or combined passes)
- food spots (that dont need a month's in advance booking)
- photography advantage points
- Air bnb or priceline.com
- Not to miss attractions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Metropolitan Opera - good seats?
- 2 Need advice-Early June Oregon Coast, Columbia River Gorge, Crater Lake
- 3 Atlanta With Toddler
- 4 Proposed Los Angeles itinerary, almost exclusively without a car
- 5 Sunniest place to stay in Kauai
- 6 NYC For The Day
- 7 Southwest/California NP roadtrip advice needed.
- 8 NYC opinions please! 2nt (shows & meals w/1st timer)
- 9 Senior citizens traveling as groupl
- 10 9-10 day trip to WA
- 11 What do you think of my Yellowstone itinerary - August 2017?
- 12 Seattle and Vancouver/Victoria
- 13 Walking Safety Near Boston Common
- 14 West to East Coast in 10 days
- 15 Car rental from Baltimore airport
- 16 Tour of the Grand Circle USA .HELP!
- 17 Turo?
- 18 USA family tour
- 19 Maui Bed and Breakfast
- 20 2 hours international transit in DFW airport
- 21 Breckenridge, Estes Park, and Fort Collins in May
- 22 Kauai planning help
- 23 San Diego/La Jolla?
- 24 Hawaii - June vs Aug, hotel vs rental
- 25 Revisiting Kauai: Heartbreak and Happiness