I thought I'd stir the pot and ask about your thoughts on Air Bnb to see if opinions have changed at all. I'm aware that the lines are blurry when it comes to these places operating illegally.. however I've been recommended to give it a go from a few fellow travellers.
I'm coming over from Australia starting in NYC from June 15 - June 22.
There's HEAPS on my list of things to see and do and they're scattered all over Manhattan.
I'm overwhelmed by the places to stay and even the areas.. Where do you recommend?
I love art, photography, food and culture. So at this point i'm leaning towards finding a place to stay in SoHo or Greenwich Village..? Are these places easy enough to get to a subway or walk to places of interest?
Put it this way, any attraction you'd find in Lonely Planet - its probably on my list. If I have enough time, I'd love to check out Brooklyn and its trendiness but i doubt I'll have enough time to really sink my teeth in. I'll just have to visit another day!
I'm probably not going to see a Broadway Show and not overly concerned with shopping.
I'd rather spend an afternoon on the High Line than in Macy's.
Any advice on;
- area to stay in
- how to best get around
- tips on cheapness (eg. Museum free days or combined passes)
- food spots (that dont need a month's in advance booking)
- photography advantage points
- Air bnb or priceline.com
- Not to miss attractions!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Overnight stay along Newburyport/Rockport train line
- 2 VTL Male Enhancement–Fast Acting Blood Flow Booster
- 3 Maui and Kauai
- 4 Hello
- 5 Road trip during Winters in Utah-NV
- 6 9 day family New England Trip October - Advice
- 7 2 Grannies, 2 parents & 1 three-yr-old
- 8 50th wedding anniversary in Hawaii??
- 9 Hotel advise Chicago
- 10 Santa Fe and Taos in November
- 11 Getting from Seatac airport to downtown Seattle
- 12 Botanical gardens on Maui, Hilo, and Kauai: how much do they differ?
- 13 Hawaii at Christmas with older teens
- 14 Good gift for my father who loves to travel
- 15 affordable SF hotels convenient to art museums
- 16 Best Marriott options NYC using Marriott points
- 17 Trip to Cali
- 18 NYC Hotel Decision
- 19 NFL tickets
- 20 Grand Canyon Rim to Rim
- 21 JFK to Manhattan via AirTrain/LIRR
- 22 Need tips for 14 day alaska trip Please help!
- 23 Walking at Ka'anapali Beach
- 24 San Diego with teens in Februsry
- 25 Three days in Kauai