I've done some online research, and I am also reading the Rough Guide.
There is WAY too much to see and do in the amazing state of Alaska!!
My husband are planning our first Alaska trip in mid-late August, 2006.
We will be flying in and out of Anchorage.
We want to head to Denali, as well as Kenai Peninsula. We will only have a week there. We want to spend most of our time hiking, seeing glaciers, sea kayaking, and of course spotting animals!
Can anyone recommend a starting point for an itinerary? Should we spend some time in Anchorage, or head straight to Denali when we get there? While in Denali, what (if any, besides my own tent) reasonable choices do I have for lodging?
Should we stick to just Denali, Kenai, and maybe Anchorage?
Any suggestions/advice is greatly appreciated.
Overwhelmed.. need help with Aug 2006 Alaska itinerary
- 1 1st time to Kauai! Will not be the last!
- 2 Buy now or wait . . . airfare to Santa Barbara in late July?
- 3 Kauai golf
- 4 Where can I get disneyland (oneday)/universal studio tickets
- 5 2 Brits Travelling USA July-Aug 2013
- 6 time for a new countdown to Hawaii
- 7 Less commercial beach?
- 8 Maine - July 5th to July 14
- 9 Can You Typically See Mt St Helens on the train from Seattle to Portland?
- 10 San Franciso to Vancouver
- 11 Priceline, WARNING
- 12 stay near newark or nyc
- 13 Carmel, California where to stay??
- 14 Maui. . .where to stay for local feel
- 15 First-Time Hawaii Advice
- 16 Manzanita Or restaurants
- 17 I-5 bridge over Skagit River collapses, cars with people in water |
- 18 Pine Barrens- where to stay ?
- 19 Trip Itinerary Advice Needed - 1wk Yellowstone & Tetons
- 20 JFK to Upper West Side by subway
- 21 East coast tour - Part2: Phily, Washington, Niagara Falls
- 22 East coast tour - Part1: NYC
- 23 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 24 15 hrs layoff at Miami International- Key West Possible ?
- 25 Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park opens today