I'm planning a trip to Kentucky this summer with a bunch of friends. We're interested in renting a house/cabin near one of the state parks, preferably one with a lake. However, there are so many options I'm not sure which to pick! We'd like something that's not too touristy, has plenty of good hiking trails, and near a lake. We'd also like to do a day trip to Mammoth Cave but would be willing to drive two hours one way to get there from our home base. Any thoughts?
Overwhelmed by Kentucky state park options!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 San Francisco - mid October
- 2 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 3 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 4 best area to stay in san diego
- 5 Santa Barbara Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 7 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona
- 8 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 9 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 10 Denver 1 day in denver
- 11 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 12 Vegas Hotels-NY,NY, MIrage, Vdara
- 13 Roundtop Texas Lodging
- 14 Zion NP - Grand Canyon North Rim - Las Vegas
- 15 Burlington VT day trip
- 16 Scouting trip for possible move to SoCal -- advice on itin, please
- 17 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 18 A weekend in Boston area with Friends (including 2 teenagers)
- 19 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 20 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 21 Part Three of an 18 Day RV trip - Seward
- 22 Vegas hotels for families
- 23 Keeping Hip-Chic At Bay: Seattle and A Couple Points South
- 24 Kayaking to Chinaman Hat/Kaneohe Bay Sandbar/offshore Islands in Dec?
- 25 Westin Portland Harborview or Residence Inn ... another downtown hotel?