I'm planning a trip to Kentucky this summer with a bunch of friends. We're interested in renting a house/cabin near one of the state parks, preferably one with a lake. However, there are so many options I'm not sure which to pick! We'd like something that's not too touristy, has plenty of good hiking trails, and near a lake. We'd also like to do a day trip to Mammoth Cave but would be willing to drive two hours one way to get there from our home base. Any thoughts?
Overwhelmed by Kentucky state park options!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 weeks in USA in February -- final post before booking hotels
- 2 advice on possible employment in GA or NC rural areas
- 3 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 4 Zion, Bryce, Page, GC South Rim, and Arches
- 5 Tipping advice
- 6 Christmas weather?
- 7 Big island itinerary
- 8 New York City and New England
- 9 Need help planning weekend trips: Georgia, Chicago, Tennessee, Alaska?!
- 10 NYT article on exploring Los Angeles without a car
- 11 San Diego Girl's Trip in December
- 12 Flying from LA to Massachusetts
- 13 Utah-Arizona National Parks intinary help needed
- 14 Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and Banff in May or early Sept.?
- 15 Thousand Islands
- 16 Best Destination in USA
- 17 Please help identify location in Southern California
- 18 August 2015 Western Roadtrip Route? 30 days...Two 22-year-old Girls
- 19 Nashville - Weekend Trip
- 20 WHY are rental cars in December in Florida so expensive?
- 21 Better cooking store in Seattle
- 22 62 Hikers airlifted out of Kalalau Trail
- 23 Grand Teton Romantic Accomdations
- 24 The East Coast adventure: December 2014
- 25 3 weeks in USA in February -- refined itinerary