I'm planning a trip to Kentucky this summer with a bunch of friends. We're interested in renting a house/cabin near one of the state parks, preferably one with a lake. However, there are so many options I'm not sure which to pick! We'd like something that's not too touristy, has plenty of good hiking trails, and near a lake. We'd also like to do a day trip to Mammoth Cave but would be willing to drive two hours one way to get there from our home base. Any thoughts?
Overwhelmed by Kentucky state park options!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Philadelphia
- 2 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 3 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 4 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 5 USA with a 3 year old
- 6 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 7 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 8 First family ski trip
- 9 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 10 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 11 NYC theatre broadway
- 12 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 13 Universal studios/Orlando
- 14 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 15 Help for an upcoming NYC trip.
- 16 Great Smokies - Seasonal Closings
- 17 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 18 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 19 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 20 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 21 Über, peer sharing sites, and insurance
- 22 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 23 Death Valley in June in a motorhome
- 24 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 25 Best seafood restaurant in Boston