I'm planning a trip to Kentucky this summer with a bunch of friends. We're interested in renting a house/cabin near one of the state parks, preferably one with a lake. However, there are so many options I'm not sure which to pick! We'd like something that's not too touristy, has plenty of good hiking trails, and near a lake. We'd also like to do a day trip to Mammoth Cave but would be willing to drive two hours one way to get there from our home base. Any thoughts?
Overwhelmed by Kentucky state park options!
View all United States activity »
- 1 Im new and need HELP to plan my Rv travel !!
- 2 Help Requested for Winter Cross-Country Driving Move
- 3 Fripp island
- 4 Las Vegas to Zion National Park - Fear of Heights
- 5 Hey drivers, taking my grandmother to San Fran - lil help?!?
- 6 Eataly in Chicago -- Coming Soon!
- 7 Where should I move to?
- 8 Where to stay for a Baltimore/DC trip
- 9 Bowers Museum - Need Restaurant Suggestions Nearby
- 10 7 weeks Canada and USA. Help with itinerary please.
- 11 Car service from JFK to lower Manhattan
- 12 New Yorkers Live Longer - Health Initiatives Seem to Work
- 13 2nd visit to California wine country, recommendations needed.
- 14 Hollywood with 17yr old son
- 15 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 16 Taking a Road trip Memphis through to Smokey Mtns.
- 17 Which Florida Key to snorkel?
- 18 Hotel near Public Theater
- 19 San Francisco Hotel Help
- 20 suewoo and any other Charleston, SC experts
- 21 San Antonio
- 22 hotel near Met NYC
- 23 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 24 Oahu Information
- 25 Trip Report: New Orleans, Nov. 20 - 25, 2013