I'm planning a trip to Kentucky this summer with a bunch of friends. We're interested in renting a house/cabin near one of the state parks, preferably one with a lake. However, there are so many options I'm not sure which to pick! We'd like something that's not too touristy, has plenty of good hiking trails, and near a lake. We'd also like to do a day trip to Mammoth Cave but would be willing to drive two hours one way to get there from our home base. Any thoughts?
Overwhelmed by Kentucky state park options!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 days, 4 nights in Denver
- 2 drive from SF to crater lake
- 3 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 4 Honeymoon/road trip/adventure/help!
- 5 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 6 moving to florida
- 7 Hotel near Miami airport
- 8 Seatle in September 19-22, Where to stay? Avg prices?
- 9 Santa Barbara, California
- 10 Lake Tahoe to Yosemite: advice needed
- 11 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 12 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 13 Lighting for photos at Mt Ranier
- 14 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 15 Vegas - Grand Canyon - Tucson
- 16 Another Californian Odyssey (June/July 2014)
- 17 culpepper
- 18 DENALI FLIGHTSEEING/BUS TOUR OPTION?
- 19 Princeton, NJ area hotels
- 20 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 21 The Seedy Side of Key West
- 22 Pub with food in Seattle
- 23 Mt Ranier parking questions
- 24 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 25 Seattle, Portland, and day trips all around